You make me better

You make me better

Mina, a 15 years old girl with short caramel colored hair, is talking with her friend on the phone while waiting for her tutor to come.

 

“I’m 15 for heaven sake! Why do I need a tutor?” Momo, a friend of Mina, sighed as Mina started to complain about her having a tutor.

 

“If you study harder and do well on your exams then maybe your parents would not need to hire a tutor” 

 

Mina rolled her eyes though her friend can’t see it. Just as she was about to complain more, the doorbell rang. 

 

“Got to go, the new tutor is here” Mina sighed.

 

“You mean new baby sitter.” Momo laughed then said, “Go easy on the new one, that is your fifth already.”

 

After hanging up, Mina opened the door and saw a woman with long black curly hair. The woman is taller than her so she looked down at Mina and smiled, showing her bunny teeth.

 

“Hi! I’m Im Nayeon” the woman said gleefully, “you must be Myoui Mina right?” 

 

Mina was still gawking at the beautiful woman, not noticing that she was talking to her. Nayeon waved her hands in front of Mina which made the latter realized how long she has been staring.

 

“C-come in” Mina said, letting Nayeon past through. 

 

Mina is a socially akward girl, she always had trouble communicating with other people since she was shy especially when the woman she was about to spend her weekdays with is as beautiful as Im Nayeon.

 

“So I will be your tutor from now on, let’s start the official tutoring business tomorrow. For now, let me get to know you.” Nayeon said with a smile. She finds Mina cute even in her nervous state.

 

“Let’s ask auestion alternately, you go first.”

 

Mina decided to just go with the flow, “How old are you?” 

 

“Don’t you know it’s rude to ask a woman her age” Mina blushed and was about to say sorry, “Just kidding. I’m 18 years old”

 

“Are your parents always gone?” Nayeon asked genuinely curious, it caught the short haired girl off guard.

 

“Yes. Usually I’m left alone here so I learned to be independent.” 

 

“Why did you decide to tutor a 15 years old girl?” Mina always think that people tutor her because her parents give them huge amount of money. She knows people don’t want to help her, they are just doing it for the money so she doesn’t listen to her tutors which makes her parents fire them.

 

“I will be honest with you, I need your parents money for a very personal matter but I also want to help you. I heard I’m your fifth already but your grades are still barely passing which is why even though I am not that smart unlike others, I want to help you. I want you to feel that feeling of accomplishment.Think of it as a win-win situation.”

 

Mina did not expect her answer, usually people would lie and say “I’m doing this for you” which irritates Mina but Nayeon answered truthfully which amazed the short haired girl.

 

“What are your hobbies?” 

 

“Gaming, Watching movies and doing puzzles” That is all Mina ever do around the house. She never studied, never went out to socialize. She is always just at home where ahe feels comfortable yet alone.

 

“What is yours?”

 

“Reading books and Watching movies, maybe we can watch a movie everyday after our tutor sessions. What do you think?” Nayeon smiled. She wants Mina to be comfortable with her.

 

“S-sure” She is not used to someone trying to befriend her especially her tutor.

 

The two kept talking until it was time for Nayeon to go. By the end of the day, Mina was a little bit comfortable to have Nayeon around which made her sad to see the other girl leave. For the first time, she was happy to have someone other than herself in the house and is happy to have someone to talk to everyday. 

 

The next day, Mina was uo eay to clean the house. She wants to make a good impression to Nayeon. This is also the first time that she wants to be a better version of herself. After cleaning, she took a shower and dress up. She waited patiently for Nayeon while reading the book that Nayeon gave her yesterday. She is now on the half of it since she wants to finish it and talk about it to Nayeon.

 

Someone knocked on the door so Mina gets up and opens it. There was Nayeon smiling at her just like the first time they met. It made Mina smile as well.

 

“I see you are reading the book huh. It’s good isn’t it?” Nayeon said when she saw the book at the table.

 

“It is, the storyline and character is very good. A little bit cliche but the author manage to make it interesting” Nayeon smiled. The way Mina talks, Nayeon knows the girl is smart. She just needs a little push. 

 

“So are you ready for our tutoring session?” Mina nodded and got her things ready. 

 

They started with Mina’s assignments and Nayeon taught her everything she needs to learn for that subject. After that, they watched a movie that they both like. Everyday it became like this for them and the longer it goes, the more they get used to each other’s company.

 

Mina have been improving, she was now one of the top in class. She didbher best to improve everyday, she wants Nayeon to be proud of her. Nayeon is her inspiration, she is the one that makes her want to do well in everything. She wants to see that proud smile that Nayeon always shows her everytime she tells her how she did well on her exams. Mina knows she is falling in love with Nayeon and no matter how much she says she is just an inspiration, Mina knows that this girl she is cuddling with right now makes her life better and happier and she does not want to go back to that Mina who was just always alone.