Final

Destined?

Yoo Jeongyeon - a protective, caring, no jam bestfriend of mine. She knows everything about me, my likes, dislikes, crushes, dreams, goals, heartaches, but one thing she doesn't know - my first love. She knows all of my favorites, my weakest part, but not the one who is in my heart. I guess luck is on my side that she doesn't know it.

----

At the age of 7, we were playing in the swing, side-to-side, we talked about whatever crossed our minds. We were so young that we don't have a care on how we looked like at that time, a two kids who were covered up in a mud, with leaves on their hair, but pays no mind, just enjoying the talks they shared at each other

"Hey Nabongs, when we grow old let's come back here again every 6 years!" Jeongyeon said to her first bestfriends, Im Nayeon.

Nayeon being the bubbly girl she is, reassured Jeongyeon that they will definitely come back here as she flashed her eye smile showing her bunny teeth infront of Jeongyeon.

"Yah! Don't you dare show that bunny teeth of yours to others1" Jeongyeon pouted.

" Anyway, do you have your first love, Nabongs?" Jeongyeon added as she play with her swing.

"Nope! I still don't have. We're still young. Mom said that love comes out when we are older." Nayeon emphasized the "P" sound at nope.

 

And yes, Nayeon doesn't have her first love, as they are still young.

 

Their moms are bestfriends since they were in high school, explaining on how they are bestfriends when they are still toddler. They know each other very well,  Jeongyeon acts as her prince charming and savior whenver she needs someone or she is sad. Nayeon is a year older than Jeongyeon but they act the opposite. That's what Nayeon loves on Jeongyeon, she cares a lot.

----

At the age of 13, they were on the same swing again after 6 years just like how they promised to each other. As usual, they caht about everything like they didn't see each other for a long time where in fact they are always classmates in their school. Many students admire their friendship which is still strong.

And like a routine, Jeongyeon unconscoiusly asks her again.

"Nabongs, do you have your first love?" and Nayeon still answers,

"Nope, I don't find any guy attractive and my type in our school." which earned  nod from Jeongyeon and they just talked as usual again.

 

And yes, Nayeon doesn't have her first love, as she isn't interested on guys in their school.

 

----

 

They are now about to graduate in high school and are preparing for college. Jeongyeon wants to be a doctor in Paris and Nayeon wants to be an actress in Korea. Finals are ending so students are happy to as they will enjoy their vacation before going in college.

The bestfriends haven't hang out for a while as they have different schedules, classes and free time. Nayeon misses Jeongyeon so much, what more in college where they will be separated for a long time?

But what matters today is not because they officialy ended their finals, but the thought of that it has been 6 years since they met at their favorite spot, so Nayeon is excited to be with Jeongyeon at their favorite hang out.

At the age of 19, Nayeon is on her on the swing, excitement is evident on her face and she is skipping on every steps, jumping like a kid even though she is an adult.

They were meeting at their spot for every 6 years at 4pn. Nayeon reached the spot 10 minutes late so she is expecting Jeongyeon to be there. But the spot is still empty so she thought that maybe Jeongyeon had a long time finishing her exams even though examinations ended at 4pm. So she just wait for Jeongyeon to come.

15 minutes....

20 minutes....

30 minutes....

55 minutes....

Nayeon stay still, waiting for her bestfriend to come. Suddenly, her stomach growls, she remembered that she skipped lunch because of her excitement. She glanced at her phone with a phot of her and Jeongyeon as her wallpaper, and noticed that it's already quarter to 6. Getting worried at Jeongyeon and curious on why she is super super late, she dialed Jihyo's number, a classmate of Jeongyeon and immediately picked up, noises can be heard on the other line. (the italics are Jihyo's)

"Hello?" Jihyo said.

"Hello Jihyo, this is Nayeon."

"Oh, it's you! What can I help you?"

"Did you see Jeongyeon? We were supposed to meet up today but she didn't show up."

"Jeongyeon? Hmmm wait--- Oh! She's here pretty drunk and partying"

"Partying?"

"Yes, uhhm, she didnt told you? We planned this before to have a party after the exams."

"Oh really? And no she didn't. Anyway, thank you Jihyo." 

Nayeon hung up. There is some heavy feeling in her chest, HURT.

Jeongyeon never broke a promise not until now. Her bestfriend who she loves broke a promise.

 

And yes, Nayeon realized her first love, it's Jeongyeon, her bestfriend.

A cliche story as it seems, a bestfriend falling for the other.

The reason she is excited is because she is going to answer now the question Jeongyeon always asks whenver they go here, but she didn't show up.

 

-----

Time flies so fast and they are now in second year college. The two didn't talked that much ever since then. Jeongyeon proceeds in Paris while Nayeon is in Korea. The internet is the only way Nayeon get updated to her bestfriends. It feels like they are not bestfriends anymore.

Nayeon misses Jeongyeon very much.

I wonder if she misses me too
I wonder if she is thinking of mer too...

But how can Nayeon knows that if the time and distance drove them apart?

 

----

 

Another year had passed. Nayeon is excited because only few years and they will meet again. Maybe at that time she can confess her love already. Missing Jeongyeon, she opened her Instagram and looked for Jeongyeon's account.

Seeing Jeongyeon's update made her heart stops. The smile on her face disappeared.

She just saw a photo of Jeong and another girl who is kissing Jeongyeon's cheek and with a caption of "Destined <3"

Nayeon is broken hearted, maybe she just expect too much.

Did I just wait for her for a long time just to see her (even not in person) with another girl? Should I set her free and forget who my first love is?

With that, they completely lost their communication. Nayeon felt sorry for her hear because of the feelings she stored. She is hurt knowing that her first love has her own too. But after a long time of this pain, she let go of that feeling and made her heart open again.

Three years had passed since her first heartbreak and now she is one of the famous actress in Korea. Even though she just started, she suddenly blooms among all which gained such attention to everyone.

Today, she is given a day-off from her company and manager due to her hardwork. She visited her home, and everyone and now, she is driving towards her favorite spot, before.

But she isn't bitter, she just want to see thei favorite spot's progress. After this, she had a plan with her friends in high school to gather up. As she is near on the swing, she noticed taht someone already took her place and she pouts because of that spot stealer but she still continueto walk over ther as there are still vacant spots beside "her" spot.

She is now infront of the swing, getting ready to sit on the swing, the girl who stole her spot turned around to face the newcomer. This made Nayeon's heart to stop as her mind suddenly stop functioning.

Infront of her is the woman whom she waited for too long before,

Infront of her is her bestfriend before,

Infront of her is the woman who broke her heart,

Infront of her is her first love,

Infront of her is none other than Yoo Jeongyeon who is now smiling at her.

And then it hits her, 6 years had passed since she waited here for nothing. How come she forgot that? And now Jeongyeon is here in thei spot, holding a rose which is her favorite flower that she talked about in interview when she started on acting.

Are they really destined ?

or this is just a coincidence?