The Hot Mess

Lost in the Past

At a dark street in Seoul, there stood atleast a hundred of people at the side walk. Excited, heart beating fast, as 2 cars were slowly on their way to the starting position of this race. In the middle, stood a beautiful Japanese girl named Sana. She was tonight's flag girl and emcee and of course, her girlfriend Dahyun, was at the side cheering for her. As two cars were a stop at the starting position, Dahyun, Sana's girlfriend, handed Sana a mic.

 

"Alright! Are you ready?" Shouted Sana at the mic and those standing at the side walk started to cheer. Some were holding up banners, some were raising their cup of alcohol, and some were even eating some popcorn. "If you are, then let me introduce to you our racers for tonight!" Sana said. "On the right side, with a blue Porsche 718 Boxter we have one of the best racers, Im Nayeon!" as if on cue, people cheered for her. One even shouting "IM NAYEON! I'M A GIRL! WILL YOU MARRY ME?" Which Nayeon heard and made her laugh. "And going against Nayeon, the undefeated, with 96 wins in total, with the red Lamborghini Huracan, we have girl crush, YOO JEONGYEON!" Jeongyeon kept a straight face as she needed to focus as she is about to snatch her 97th win. but she was happy that a lot of people were also rooting for her. Manier than Nayeon's fans. Well ofcourse, she was known to the drag race community unlike Nayeon, who just started a few months ago. But Nayeon was a good rookie, but Jeongyeon still believed that Nayeon can't beat her.

 

The engines starts to rawr as Sana was handed her flag, standing in the middle, as the race was about to start.

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

Both cars speeded as both had the determination to win. Eventually, Jeongyeon was ahead, way too far ahead. Silently, she was already celebrating her 97th win until a cat suddenly crosses the street, which made her turn her wheel and hit a tree, and eventually losing to Nayeon.

"ARGhhh!" She screamed in frustration as she hit her wheel because 1, her beloved car hit a tree, 2, she just lost her undefeated title to rookie Nayeon, and 3, in a distance, she could hear the police sirens. "I'm so screwed." She mumbled then smacked her head on the steering wheel.

 

- - - - - - - 5 hours later - - - - -

 

"What is this?! Get my daughter out of there! Ya! You're the mother! Do something!" Jeongyeon's father's voice can be heard from the hallway as he ran towards the cell where Jeongyeon was in, and Jeongyeon? Well, she was just playing cards with her cell mates, not even caring that she's behind some bars with criminals. "Yoo Jeongyeon! What did you do again this time?" Her father asked her. She didn't mind her father and just continued playing, with a bored look on her face.

"See? See the way she acts huh?! I can't believe that she stayed with me for the past 10 years with her! I just can't stand her anymore! She deserves to be in that!" Her mother yelled, pointing to Jeongyeon with an angry look on her face. "Battle of the exes round 120" Jeongyeon thought in her head. Both her parents were still arguing over her until she finished their card game, with 7 wins and fell asleep.

 

 

When she woke up, she was surprised that she was in a van, her father's van to be exact, heading somewhere like a small town. "What happened?" She asked coldly her father who was driving. "Well, eventually your mother and I, -" "Cut the crap I want to hear the simplified version" She said. Her father sighed. "I got you out since your mother refused, and I am taking you with me to the medical mission I have. You're gonna help me and this will be your punishment for misbehaving and disobeying your mother several times. "But i don't have anything with me?! And she’s not my mother! My real mother is dead!" Jeongyeon spat. "I asked our maid to pack for you" Her father said calmly, keeping his patience and ignoring the fact that Jeongyeon brought up her wife. "Does she know everything I need?" She said coldly. "I don't know. Just check. If there's something missing then we can go stop to a store to buy your needs" as soon as she heard that, an idea popped out on her head. A mischievous smile broke into Jeongyeon’s face until she broke it off so that her father won’t see.

She then checked her belongings. Everything was in there but she needed a reason to stop over a store so that she can continue her plan. “There’s something missing” She said. “What is it?” Her father asked. “I don’t have tampons. I’m gonna have my period tomorrow.”

 

“Okay then”. After a few more minutes of driving, her father stopped outside a convenience store and let Jeongyeon out “go buy your stuff. I’ll be waiting here” Jeongyeon’s father said as she got out of the car, holding her wallet and her phone ‘cause that’s the only thing she’ll need. She is hella rich after all. Jeongyeon went inside the convenience store and immediately asked the cashier if she can get out the back door but the cashier lady won’t let her. With a few minutes of convincing, the manager eventually let her and she started to type in her passcode on her phone. The back door of the convenience store was quite dark. It was an alley with a few bystanders and a few sellers of what she thinks is candy and some vegetables. Like a mini market. Looking around, a girl with short black hair and bangs, looking like a foreigner, caught her eye. The girl was standing in front of one store that sells potatoes. Jeongyeon and the girl made eye contact for about a few seconds. The eye contact wasn’t like some cliché shocked faced, heart beating fast like what you see in movies. I mean, at least for Jeongyeon that wasn’t it. The girl looked at Jeongyeon like she was the most beautiful girl that she has ever seen even though Jeongyeon was wearing an all-black outfit. Black skinny jeans, black hoodie, black sneakers, and black specs with her hair tied into a ponytail. She was not wearing make up at all but the girl still found Jeongyeon gorgeous. But Jeongyeon being Jeongyeon, a rebel and dark girl crush, just starred at her coldly until she decided to break it and go on with her plan.  Standing outside the convenience store with her phone beside her ear, her phone was snatched by some thief which made a shocked faced Jeongyeon. “Help! He stole my phone!” She shouted then ran to the guy. The girl with black hair immediately ran as well, hoping to help the blonde haired girl which caught her attention.

 

“Ya! Stop that guy! He’s a thief!” Jeongyeon yelled as she was still running for the guy through the small but long crowded street. The black haired girl sped up, ran over Jeongyeon, and got some random vegetables to throw at the thief. Due to the rock like figure of the vegetable, the thief fell down then the girl immediately called the police. Jeongyeon on the other side, she ran to the fallen thief, got her phone immediately, then slapped the thief hard on the face. “You thief! How dare you steal my phone?!” She was about to give another slap until the black haired girl held her hand, stopping her. “Hey, that’s enough. He’ll get what he deserve. The police are-“ the girl was immediately cut by Jeongyeon. “Who are you?! I bet you’re one of his partners huh?!” Jeongyeon got up then pushed the girl which made the girl furious.

 

“Partner?! Ya! I just stopped that thief from running away and stealing your phone but you think I’m one of his partner?! Don’t you have some gratitude or something?!” The girl said with an obvious offended face and Jeongyeon just looked at her coldly without saying anything. “Instead of accusing me, why not just say thank you?” The girl continued but Jeongyeon just glared at her then started typing a number on her phone until a familiar van stopped infront of Jeongyeon and the girl. Jeongyeon’s father then came out of the van. “Where have you been? Why did you take so long? Did you try to escape?” Her father asked.

 

“None of your business.” She said coldly. Her father just sighed then looked at the girl beside her daughter. “Momo! I didn’t expect that I’ll see you here.” Her father said which immediately shocked Jeongyeon but her being Jeongyeon, she didn’t show it in her face. It was only in her head. “Ajusshi!” The girl, with the name Momo said then hugged her father. Jeongyeon just stared at them coldly. “Great! You know each other.” She said coldly with obvious sarcasm in her voice.

 

“Jeongyeon, this is Momo. One of the volunteers that will be going with us at the medical mission. She’ll also be your partner.”