Chapter 1

Like a Fool

Tzuyu is sitting upright, not daring to even move a finger. She kept her posture while Chaeyoung finishes her artwork. The small girl asked Tzuyu to be her model for today’s creation.

 

A girl then entered, smiling at them. She tried to be as quiet as possible so she would not disturb the two as she admires the beauty in front if her. “If Tzuyu is not breathing, she would look like a real statue right now” the girl thought, “a really pretty statue” she added in her thoughts.

 

“Nayeon-unnie why are you here?” Chaeyoung asked when she saw the older girl sitting in the corner.

 

“Well it’s lunch time and the other girls are waiting for you guys so I came to fetch you girls” 

 

Chaeyoung looked at the time and it is already past 12, she then looked at Tzuyu who is still sitting there not moving, not even complaining. “Tzuyu-ah, I am so sorry for not noticing the time. You are probably hungry, let me pay for your lunch today to repay you”

 

Tzuyu smiled at how thoughtful Chaeyoung is and agreed to her treat since she knows the other girl won’t let her pay even if she disagrees.

 

“Tzuyu-ah I missed you!” Nayeon said while wrapping her arms at the tall girl’s arm. Tzuyu just rolled her eyes, she was used to the older girl being like this, she was annoyed though that Nayeon disturbed her from her time with Chaeyoung but also thankful since she does not want the small girl to skip her lunch. She knows how Chaeyoung can always be in her own world when painting.

 

“Tzuyu-ah sit next to  me okay?” Nayeon said, knowing the girl would agree since the only space left is next to her and the one next to Mina. 

 

“Or do you want to sit next to me?” Mina suggested since she knows how Nayeon can be.

 

Chaeyoung looked at Tzuyu with anticipation and the other girl knows where Chaeyoung wants to sit. Tzuyu sighed, “I’ll sit next to Nayeon-unnie” 

 

Nayeon looked at Tzuyu before calling Mina, “Mina, can we switch seats. I actually have to ask Chaeyoung something”.

 

Chaeyoung frowned for being seperated from Mina and Tzuyu saw that, “Nayeon-unnie, you can ask her that later, let us eat first”.

 

Tzuyu was silent while eating, every now and then she would glance at MiChaeng and feel her heart clench while Nayeon was worried of Tzuyu’s feelings. She know how hurtful it is to see the one you love be with someone else. Mina and Chaeyoung was just lost in their own conversation and the others are fooling around and talking about whatever that comes to their mind. 

 

“Come with me” Tzuyu looked at Nayeon confuse.

 

Nayeon grab Tzuyu’s hands, and gently pulled her up. Everybody looked at them with questioning looks.

 

“We have to go, I need Tzuyu’s help with something” Nayeon said before pulling Tzuyu to come with her.

 

“Why did you do that unnie?” Tzuyu said calmly while following the girl who kept walking and walking. They are now at the field, and Nayeon led them to the bleachers.

 

“Now can you please tell me why we are here?” Tzuyu said annoyed, she should be at the cafeteria and watch Chaeyoung. “What if they are feeding each other?” Tzuyu thought which annoyed her more.

 

“Why do you let yourself suffer?” Nayeon asked the younger girl but she only looked at her with confusion.

 

Nayeon sighed, “I know how much it hurts to see the girl you liked be with the girl of her dreams so I don’t want you to experience that pain”

 

Tzuyu just stared at the field, not looking at Nayeon, “Whether I get hurt or not, why do you care?”

 

Nayeon looked at Tzuyu with so much hurt, “Because it hurts me more to see the love of my life hurting” 

 

The younger girl did not expect Nayeon’s answer. She never knew Nayeon’s feelings for her, maybe because she was too occupied with Chaeyoung or Nayeon is just really good at hiding her feelings.

 

“You like me? Since when?” 

 

“About a year now” Nayeon said honestly.

 

Tzuyu scoff, she cannot believe what the other girl confessed because of that incident from before. “Then why did you kiss Mina-unnie a month ago?”

 

Nayeon forced a sad smile, she know she have to confess before Tzuyu hates her more.

 

“Last month, Mina was so drunk that I had to take her home since I was the one who invited her and I am her bestfriend. When she got home, I put her to her bed and—“ Nayeon paused looking at Tzuyu before continuing, “She kissed me. She told me she loves me. The morning came and she called me telling me it was a mistake. I know she liked Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung liked her. I figured it was best that I take the blame so that Chaeyoung can be mad at me rather than Mina because I know she would forgive me sooner than Mina and since Chaeyoung will be less hurt if it was me. I also talked to Mina and told her I don’t have feelings for her and she promised to move on from me. She did after a while then she focused on her feelings for Chaeyoung”

 

Tzuyu stared at Nayeon, shocked written on her face. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“You were too angry with me and I know it would hurt you to know they have mutual feelings for each other” 

 

Tzuyu was so guilty for being angry at Nayeon for months. Even though Chaeyoung forgive Nayeon sooner, Tzuyu was angry because Nayeon hurt Chaeyoung. 

 

“I’m sorry” Tzuyu said.

 

Nayeon have never hold a grudge on Tzuyu for being mad. She knows that if someone hurt Tzuyu, she would also be mad since she loves her that much. 

 

“It’s okay, you’re too cute for me to get mad” Nayeon teased which made Tzuyu’s cheeks go red.

 

“Oh shut up” 

 

Tzuyu then realized the hard truth. The truth she could not accept. “So they have mutual feelings huh?” Tzuyu smiled sadly.

 

Nayeon felt sorry for the girl, she had always seen how much Tzuyu cared for the shorter girl. 

 

“I am so sorry, I tried my best not to let them have a moment with each other” Nayeon had always sabotage each date the two had. She felt guilty but she can’t stand seeing het love be so heart broken but Nayeon knew deep down that this day will come and she promised herself to be with Tzuyu and comfort her.

 

“If you love me, then why are you helping me with Chaeyoung. That would hurt you.”

 

Nayeon smiled knowing Tzuyu was right, “Just like you. I am a fool for love.” Both Tzuyu and Nayeon laughed at how pathetic they are.

 

Nayeon then put her arms at Tzuyu’s waist, back hugging her as they looked at the field. 

 

“I know you won’t be able to move on just yet but I’ll be here for you and be your rebound until the day you are over her”

 

Tzuyu smiled, she was lucky to have Nayeon by her side and she knows that. She is thankful. She won’t use Nayeon as her rebound because she don’t want to hurt the other girl more but right now she just really needs her hugs and comfort. They really need each other right this moment.

 

 

The End.