Progress

Hard to Say it Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun felt as if he's in another dimension. Around him, the crowd's going wild again as the song changed to another fast beat song and there he was, blankly staring at his phone, reading the same text over and over again. Maybe he read it wrong. So he read it again and again until the words seem to blur.

"Hey. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Chanyeol said as he tugged Baekhyun to avoid the wild dancers from crashing to him. He ushered to silent Baekhyun to a sofa at the corner of the room. Once they sat down, he tried prying the phone from the deathly grip Baekhyun had on it but the other would not let it go. Through the struggle, he caught a glimpse of what's written.

"He broke up with you? He ing have the nerve to break up with you thru text?" Chanyeol exclaimed. Who does Heechcul think he is? He's letting go of such a wonderful person.

Baekhhyun raised his head and Chanyeol's heart broke at the tears in his eyes. He couldn't even feel happy that Baekhyun is now single as he couldn't bear to see a sad Baekhyun. Chanyeol reached out to gently wipe his tears with his thumb. "Hey. It's alright. He doesn't deserve you. It's his loss."

"I already saw it coming. He's been distant for the past weeks but it still hurts. He didn't even gave me the courtesy of breaking up with me in person. He just sent a ing message." Baekhyun slouched on the sofa and closed his eyes. Chanyeol could not take it anymore. In times like this, getting drunk is a must. As much as he would like to grab a bottle himself, he couldn't leave Baekhyun alone in this state. He sent a message instead to Yixing to ask him if he could get them some alcohol. Out of all his friends, Yixing might be the only one sober enough to see his message.

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun. He's itching to sweep the bangs now covering his eyes but he hesitated, not knowing how the other would react. Suddenly, Baekhyun opened his eyes and Chanyeol's ears got red at being caught staring at the other.

"Why are you staring at me?" Baekhyun asked him. He really want to brush the other's bangs to see his eyes. He slowly extended his hands towards Baekhyun. He can slightly see Baekhyun's brows scrunch together in confusion. After what seemed like forever, his hands brushed the other's hair. He lightly swept the hair away from the other's eyes. Baekhyun's eyes got big at the gesture. Chanyeol thought it's much better than seeing sadness in Baekhyun's eyes.

Baekhyun wondered what Chanyeol's doing. He's confused but he couldn't seem to break his gaze from Chanyeol's. It doesn't feel awkward but he's definitely feeling something weird creep up on his chest. The touch was light. Something you might not expect seeing as how big Chanyeol's hands are. It's making him feel warm somehow.

Someone coughed loudly, "You asked for alcohol?" Baekhyun turned and saw Yixing standing infront of them. Chanyeol pulled back his hand and is now grabbing the bottle of vodka Yixing brought.

"Thanks, hyung. I couldn't leave Baekhyun alone. He might get eaten by the wild wolves here." Chanyeol slightly chuckled as Baekhyun grumbled at the implication of being an easy prey. Yixing, being the perceptive person he was, saw the sadness that still lingers over Baekhyun so he just nodded and left the two after giving Baekhyun a small smile.

Chanyeol opened the bottle cap and took a swig straight from the bottle. He felt the burn in his throat before settling to his stomach. Het thrusht the bottle to Baekhyun's direction

Baekhyun looked at him, slightly horrified. "Really? No glasses? That's like an indirect kiss."

"Eh? You're loss." Chanyeol brought back the bottle to his lips to take another drink but Baekhyun snatched it from him.

"Hey! I'm the dumped person here. I should be the one getting drunk." Although he complained before, Baekhyun also drank directly from the bottle. "! That burns." h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter