When it rains, it pours

Hard to Say it Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Forty-eight, forty-nine, fifty.” Chanyeol huffed as he collapsed to the gym floor. It’s after class and the basketball team is in the middle of training. After ten laps around the court, fifty crunches, and fifty push-ups, Chanyeol’s body is already screaming to rest. He rolled to his back and came face-to-face with their coach.

“Tired already, Park?” his coach asked.

Chanyeol sat up immediately. “Just catching my breath, Coach.”

“Be sure to get in shape, Park. We have a game next week. We don’t need a starter player catching his breath in the middle of the game.” Coach sternly said to him. He went on and on about how important next game is and a lot of stuff that Chanyeol started to tune off when he saw Baekhyun coming down from the stands. Around him, he saw his teammates nudging each other and pointing at Baekhyun. Chanyeol sighed. Baekhyun is even popular with his teammates. Chanyeol itched to go to Baekhyun but Coach seemed to be not yet done with his speech. When Chanyeol saw Kibum start to approach Baekhyun, Chanyeol not so gently excused himself from his coach and jogged towards the stands.

“Hi Baekhyun! Did you come to see me?” Chanyeol heard Kibum asked not so quietly while flashing his self-proclaimed y grin. His other teammates, being encouraged by Kibum’s actions, started crowding Baekhyun and tried getting his attention. Chanyeol can see Baekhyun getting uneasy at the attention so he started to push his teammates away when he reached them.

“Back-off guys. This one’s mine.” Chanyeol declared while pulling Baekhyun in his arms.

“Can’t you share, Park?” Onew asked.

“Not this one.”Chanyeol replied as he push Baekhyun towards a corner, far away from his vulture team mates.

Once away from the team, Baekhyun started to squirm from Chanyeol’s arms. “Let me go, Yeollie. I’m fine already.”

Chanyeol pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks but did not let him go yet. “Did you just call me Yeollie? I haven’t heard you call me that for years. I like it.”

Baekhyun got red at those words. “It just slipped from my tongue, jerk.”

“Eh? I like Yeollie better. Call me Yeollie again.” Chanyeol urged Baekhyun while ruffling the other’s hair.

“Yah! Stop that.”Baekhyun squirmed some more in Chanyeol’s arms. “Let me go already. Your friends might get weird thoughts.”

“Just let them be.” Chanyeol replied, having no intention of letting Baekhyun go. It’s better for his teammates to know this early that Baekhyun’s off-limits to them. Suddenly, Baekhyun bit Chanyeol’s arm, forcing Chanyeol to let him go. “Why did you bit me?”

“Serves you right.” Baekhyun grumbled as he comb his hands thru his hair, trying to fix it.

Chanyeol rubbed the part where Baekhyun bit him. He can clearly see the other’s teeth marks. “You should have outgrown that biting habit of yours.”Chanyeol pouted.

“I already outgrew it. You just forced it back.” Baekhyun said proudly.

“Ooh. I must be special then.”Chanyeol said with a wink.

“Shut up.”Baekhyun gave Chanyeol the paper bag he’s holding. “Mom asked me to give it to you this morning. I wasn’t able to give it to you the whole day. She said you forgot it at home.”

“And here I thought you just missed me.”Chanyeol muttered as he opened the bag and saw the extra shirt he took out this morning. “Thanks for bringing this anyway.”

“No problem.” Baekhyun replied. “Are you busy with practice?”

“Yup. We have a game next week and coach is trying to kill us before the game.” Chanyeol complained.

Baekhyun snickered. “Better not let your coach hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter