Prologue

A Taste of Happiness (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashing lights. Deafening music. The stench of alcohol invading the air. It was what Mina had always wanted to avoid. When college came around she felt the need to isolate herself from society, focus on studying and passing her exams. It had been something her parents had drilled into her from since she was young. Being the only Japanese girl on the campus didn’t help either. If anything she felt naturally isolated because of it. That wasn’t always the case though, she did have a friend from Japan, Momo, but she had moved away just a few months ago and was therefore left with no one.

Mina slowly made her way through the mass of dancing people reaching the kitchen and grabbed a plastic cup of beer and swigged some of it down, drink the anxiety away she thought. That’s when she felt a hand firmly grip her wrist. It wasn’t aggressive though, it was gentle and protective. That’s when she was quickly being pulled through the kitchen into a hallway that was practically abandoned. Mina looked at the person in front of her, Nayeon. She was the one who invited Mina there, one of the popular girls but not egotistical and arrogant. Instead she had an aura of overwhelming warmth, kindness and her smile- it was intoxicating, the most beautiful smile Mina thought she’d ever seen and also thought it was the only reason she had actually said yes to coming this party. Looking into Nayeon’s warm brown eyes lifted all the tension and anxiety from Mina’s shoulders in an instant, she felt safe around her.

“Hey” Nayeon spoke softly almost making Mina’s breath hitch, why does a girl I just met have this much of an effect on me she thought.
“Hi” Mina replied shyly looking nervously at her feet trying to make it look as if she wasn’t falling completely head over heels for this girl. Nayeon noticed something was off so her smile dwindled into a look of concern as she gently rubbed Mina’s shoulder. If Mina wasn’t already blushing- she was now.
“Are you ok?” Nayeon asked with genuine concern but also allowing a slight smile of reassurance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter