Chapter 1

Always on My Mind

It was 10 pm. The concert had ended at 8. The staff was busy clearing the area. He sat there in one of the seats, reminiscing their first performance. One of the biggest dream that any rookie group ever had was to perform at Gocheok Sky Dome, and they had many a times. They never imagined that they’d get so famous. Today the world celebrated them. BTS was a worldwide phenomenon. It had been 13 years since their debut. They were an inspiration to so many people not only in the entertainment industry but all around. They still dominated the charts with their performances. They were a lot busier now, with their solo careers taking a leap, yet they had a comeback album every year as Bangtan Sonyeondan. Jin was a renowned actor. His last three movies had been a big success both in Korea and abroad. Taehyung, like Jin was a well appreciated actor. His latest drama had broken the rankings of While You Were Sleeping, which had the title for many years. Jimin and Hoseok were sought after choreographers. They were also Variety Shows favourite idols, bringing laughter wherever they went. Suga’s career skyrocketed after Agust D and Wine. His songs talked about various hardships and emotions of the humans and continued providing strength to others. Jungkook, the golden maknae had got a Professional Bowler’s along with Yugyeom. There wasn’t anything that he couldn’t do. He was also the brand ambassador of many companies. As for Namjoon, he worked with Bang PD in managing the company and guiding more rookie groups to success. That’s exactly why he was here at this hour. One of the rookie groups of Big Hit Entertainment had gotten the chance of holding a concert here. He was there to cheer the group along with Bang PD, who had left by now. Everyone, more or less, was doing well in their professional and personal lives.

 

Namjoon checked his watch.

11:43 PM.

He should head home. He got up with a heavy sigh and made his way out of the arena. On his way, he stopped by the convenience store to get a few supplies. BTS lived together for a long time, until recently they moved out of the dorm, to live on their own. Namjoon parked the car and headed up to his apartment. He punched in his password and the door opened. Welcomed by the darkness of the vast space, he searched for the switch board. He the lights. The area lit up. He went to the kitchen and placed the bag on the kitchen counter and then poured himself a glass of water. The house was spacious and designed as per his style. It was really beautiful but it felt empty. Namjoon’s mom, the members or his friends of the industry, frequently visited him, but on days like these, he felt alone. The one room that Namjoon really liked was his library, which he had personally developed. He walked over to the library. Even with so many books and painting, today it felt empty. He longed for someone but he knew that she was beyond reach now. Of all the people he had met in his life, she was the one who had left a deep impression on him. It was foolish of him to let her go and now it is something that he regrets the most. As he was packing to shift into this house, he came across some old letters and photographs. He thought that he was over it, but oh he was wrong. The memories, the feelings, the love, it was all there. He had never stopped loving her. He had made himself busy so that he wouldn’t think about her, but the truth was he never forgot her. Everyone has that one person that they can never get over, never forget, never stop loving and for Namjoon, she was the one.

Namjoon’s chain of thoughts were broken by the ring of phone that lay in his jacket. He took the call.

“NamjoooooooonAh!!! Yo Bro, wssup!!” said a very cheerful voice.

“Hey Jackson! ‘Sup Bro” Namjoon replied

“Ahh wait. Turn on skype.” Jackson said

“Okay.”

 

“Yo Bro How are you?” Jackson asked

“I’m good Jackson. How are you? How is your family?” Namjoon said

“Man you don’t look good. What’s wrong? C’mon as an idol you should take care of your skin. Didn’t you learn that as a trainee?” Jackson teased

“Yeah and what about you! What’s with the beard?” Namjoon said

“It’s the “In” thing these days.” Jackson pouted

“But it doesn’t look good on you.” Namjoon teased

 The guys laughed

“Ya~ It’s been so long since I’ve seen you. Seriously though, how are you?” Jackson asked a bit sincerely

“I’m okay. Work keeps me busy.” Namjoon said

“Work…Work…Work. You always have work. And you are always busy. You’ve been busy for the past 13 years! Take a break man!” Jackson said, concerned

“But I just got back from a break.” Namjoon said

“Your military service does not count for a break. I’m pretty sure you’d have written songs there too whenever you got time. For lord’s sake just take some time off. Go somewhere. Go anywhere you like.” Jackson said

“I guess, but I don’t have any place in mind as of now.” Namjoon said

“You know what, just come here and live with me for a while. You haven’t met Kristina, right? She turned five last week. I always tell her about you. I think she stans you more than she stans me.” Jackson joked.

“Is that so? I’d love to meet her but are you sure?” Namjoon asked

“100% Book those tickets already and just come here. It has been a while since we last met.” Jackson said

“Sure has. Okay I’ll let you know when everything is final.” Namjoon said

“Okay, see you soon.”

“Bye.”

It was a fairly good idea. Namjoon thought. It had been a long time since they last met, and he desperately needs a change of scenery. Namjoon could feel the burden, the tiredness but he kept on ignoring it. He knew that should take a break, but he kept on working. Without further ado, he booked his tickets. He knew that the more he thought about it the more impossible the trip would be so he just went ahead and booked the tickets.

 

 

 

 

Na Young had come to Harvard University 10 years ago. She had been so excited when she got accepted to this University. It all seemed surreal to her. But it was happening. Her dream looked closer but to make it true she had to leave behind, her country, her family, and him. It was a tough decision but she went ahead. Life in America wasn’t always easy. There were good days and bad days, but she was determined. Talented as she was, she found success. She had 7 books to her name. Her novels were always ranked high in the Times list. Now, she was a professor of literature in Harvard. Everything in her life was going well, yet she decided to leave it all. She decided to go back to Korea. Even though she had a lot of friends here, she felt lonely. She also missed her family terribly.

Na Young took one last look at her room. She had a box of her books and other stationary, packed. She had spent so much time in this University. It felt like a home to her and to leave it was sad. Again, she would be leaving home. Last time she had told herself that this for the best, for her career, but this time she didn’t have anything to say. It was about time she returned to Korea. She had been gone for quite a long time. Na Young bid adieu to her colleagues and friends and left.

She had two weeks before her flight, so she decided to visit all the places that she loves, one last time. 

 

 

As promised Namjoon had booked his ticket to America and was now on the way to meet his friend. Jackson had shifted to America, after he made his American debut. It was there that he met the love of his life, Joanne. They had been married for 7 years now. They had a little girl named, Kristina. Jackson always posted photos of Kristina. She had the looks of her mother but Jackson insisted that she was like him. Namjoon didn’t want to trouble the family but Jackson insisted. He was welcomed at the airport by Jackson and his family.

As soon as Jackson saw Namjoon, he went in hugged him. They were meeting after 8 years. It felt good to be reunited.

“Jackson, man why are you getting all emotional?” Namjoon teased

“Who’s getting emotional? Who’s crying? Not me.” Jackson pushed Namjoon away

As they were meeting after such a long time, emotions washed over them. They were thinking about the old days, when they had just stepped foot in the industry. They were the same 21 year olds again.

“Daddy can I say Hi now?” said little Kristina who was holding Joanne’s fingers

“Oh Yes! Moni this is my princess Kristina.” Jackson said proudly as he picked her up in his arms

“Hi Kristina.” Namjoon waved

“Hello nice to meet you.” Kristina said shyly

“Daddy shall I call him uncle or Monie?” Kristina whispered in Jackson’s ears

“You can call me anything you like dear.” Namjoon patted the girl

“She’s usually not this shy, you know.” Joanne said “Maybe because it’s the first time she’s meeting you, that’s why she seems so. Plus she is a big fan of yours.” She added

“Yeah she’s really cool, just like her dad.” Jackson said proudly

“She’s exactly like him.” Joanne laughed

“Let’s go home.” Jackson said

“Monie I’ll show you my figurine collection.” Kristina said excitedly.

“Sure dear.” Namjoon said

“And I’ll also show you my karate skills. I am better than daddy in karate. Whenever we have a match, he always looses.” Kristina said excitedly

“Why not! I’m pretty sure you are stronger than your daddy.” Namjoon patted the girl

 

Coming here was not such a bad idea after all, Namjoon thought.