a long time coming

A Long Time Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook, along with Donghae and Heechul decided to visit Kyuhyun’s musical rehearsal since they just finished with a meeting that was held nearby.

They were a few steps away from the door when a question from one of the occupants of the dressing room halted their tracks.

“Kyuhyun, seriously, why do you keep on hanging out with that member of yours?”

“Who are you talking about?” Ryeowook heard Kyuhyun respond in a confused tone.

“What’s his name? The small one with the high voice? Ryeowook, right?”

Sensing Ryeowook’s starting distress, Donghae quickly held his hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

“Yeah? Well, he’s one of my best friends.” Kyuhyun said defensively.

“Are you sure it’s not because you pity him? He seems a little bit effeminate and clingy. I can’t imagine you wanting to willingly spend time with him or him having a lot of friends, for that matter.”

“Or perhaps you feel like you owe it to him. What with the both of you only having each other to depend on when you were being bullied by your older members in your earlier days.” Another unknown voice piped in.

“We’re just saying, it would be better for your image to be seen less with the likes of him.” The other person continued confidently.

Kyuhyun had been quiet after this and Ryeowook suddenly felt his stomach drop. Could what they said be true? It’s not possible, isn’t it? Kyuhyun and him are solid. Their relationship run deeper than what everyone else could understand but what if-

Before any more doubts could surface from Ryeowook’s mind and just when Heechul was about to barge through the closed door, Kyuhyun answered in a low tone that the three people outside the door know means that the taller man is mad. It’s the tone that means that you should seriously think about what you should say next or there will be consequences.

“And what? Hang out with you, guys?”

“Well, yeah.” The previously confident-sounding person answered a little unsurely.

The thing with a fuming mad Kyuhyun is that he has a way of making a person realize they ed up without shouting. He will look calm but his voice and eyes will let you know that you are definitely screwed.

So when his next words rang out, the three people who are accidentally eavesdropping knew it was over for the other two people in the room. “Perhaps your tiny brains were not able to process the tone of my question the first time so I’m just going to say it to you straight up. Why would I want to hang out with a bunch of shallow and judgmental -for-brains when I have Ryeowook who is kind and gentle and patient and everything you can only wish you could be? He’s got so much love and care to give that’s why he is also loved back heaps by many especially by myself. If I have ever questioned my friendship with him, it is me figuring out what I did to ever deserve someone as amazing as him.”

Ryeowook’s heart is beating so fast but for a totally different reason it was hammering for five minutes ago. Kyuhyun and he never needed words to show that their friendship is something both of them treasure. Their actions towards each other are enough for both of them to know that each one holds a special place in the other’s life. They both knew what the other felt but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter