Chapter 1

A Sad State of Freedom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal drove her car very fast while crying. She was heartbroken. It never occurred to her that her own brother would do such thing to her.

The Choi's mansion, Seoul. 18:50.

Krystal was sitting at her family's dinner table while eating her dinner with her family. She immediately knew something was up since it was unusual for them to eat together on any other days rather than Sunday, with her mom jetsetting around the world with her good-for-nothing socialite friends and her dad is busy with the family business, there is no time for them to sit down together and eat dinner every day.

"I have something to tell you," Said Seunghyun, calmly, "It's been decided that you'll marry Kim Siwon"

Stunned and speechless. Krystal didn't have anything to say.

"We will throw the engagement party next week and tomorrow we'll announce it to the press" Said her father, coldly. Being the second son of the third generation Choi family surely made him heartless. 

"What? How can you do that to me?" Shouted Krystal.

"It's for the best, sweetheart", said her mother,"He comes from a good reputable family and he is good-looking. Didn't you know he was the one behind the newest product line that his family successfully launched last year? A really smart fellow that boy is"

"Best for me or best for Choi Group? I'll tell grandma this ridiculous plan" Krystal said, looking disgusted.

"No need. Grandma already knew about it. In fact, it is her plan and mine to marry you off with Kim Siwon"  Seunghyun said while calmly sipping his wine.

Being so heartbroken, Krystal needed a drink. No, not just a drink. She really needed to drown herself in liquor and forget about that ridiculous plan her family has set up. She drove to Cakeshop in Hongdae, a hip club in Seoul. She parked her white range rover in the parking area and walked into the club. As usual, cakeshop was crowded and the queue was long but she needed to get drunk quickly. Krystal cut the line and as a result, there was a loud protest from a lot of people who were queueing before her. 

"Hey, you need to go back to the line," Said th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter