The First Time We Met

The First Time We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time we saw each other she caught my attention, not because she was loud, wore tons of makeup or short clothes, not because of that, but because of her silent presence. She had this aura about her, that if you looked at her closely enough she had this kind of commanding presence, the kind that just caught your attention without trying. She didn’t flaunt it, in fact she was quiet about it. She was shy despite this feeling I was having and closed off which just intrigued me more. She hid behind her hair, scared of the unknown place, but I had a feeling when she was confident she would be amazing. Out eyes first met when we were simply walking past each other, but I couldn’t help but stop despite looking like a creep and how unusual that is for me. My hyungs were telling me to hurry up but for some reason I was frozen and I didn’t know if it was because of fear or my intrigue, but whatever it was, it did the job in sealing my fate. I saw her lips part in a gasp as she whispered out, ‘Jungkook.’ She bowed slightly and then moved her gaze towards the ground. When my eyes gazed over her again, I realised she had probably just came from a work out, her clothes however looked more like clothes for dancing. I was still staring when Jimin tugged on my arm forcing me to walk away, and as I stepped passed her I whispered, ‘Nice to meet you.’ And she bowed again.

The next time I saw her, it was at the company and we both got a shock when we bumped into each other going around a corner. It wasn’t the perfect fall that you would imagine, she fell onto her with a heavy thud and I barrelled into her which in turn gave her a blood nose. It was awkward to say the least, barrelling into someone and causing them to bleed everywhere and as I began apologising she replied simply with, ‘It’s okay, don’t worry about it.’ I was going to go after her but was called out by Jimin, again.

The third time I saw her was only a few hours later, as one of our backup dancers and excitement bubbled up inside of me. As we began practice I realised she was often dancing quite close to me and I began getting distracted, but I simply couldn’t help it. While focusing on her, I realised just how good at dancing she was, her movements were tight and clean plus she had killer focus, she was just so breathtaking when she was in her element. As practise finished up I waited around despite my groups complaints, I simply said that I had a few things to do. After waiting for a while for her to come out I realised that she wouldn’t be showing her face any time soon so, I decided to go back into the class and when I walked in she was intently focused on dancing all the chorography that we had just learned, and to top it off, she was nailing it. She was quite fascinating to watch and her commanding aura truly shined right in this moment. Not long after I had walked in, she noticed me and jumped a little out of shock.

‘Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.’

‘It’s okay, you’re all good.’

‘Sorry about before.’ She giggled at this and I got pulled in even more.

‘You should really stop saying sorry all the time you know, I have already said that it was okay.’

‘Yeah I know, but common curtsey.’ She simply smiled and the room was then filled with silence. ‘Sorry go back to practice.’

‘Are you just going to stand there?’

‘Um… I don’t know, is that going to be really weird?’

‘Kind of, but an okay kind of weird… I think… you can stay that’s fine.’ My face blushed and as she began dancing again, my eyes kept following her.

‘Bring your knee up a bit and extend your foot more.’

‘Huh?’

‘Bring your knee up higher to about the middle of your torso, yeah like that and…’ I went over to her and adjusted her foot to the appropriate position. ‘There you go… perfect!’ I looked up from the floor to her face, which was slightly flushed and pieces of hair had framed her face perfectly, and I had blinked a few times before I realised I was staring. I let out a cough to clear the lump in my throat. ‘I haven’t got a name.’ She looked shocked towards me.

‘Huh? Oh, Ji Yeon. It’s Park Ji Yeon, nice to meet you.’

‘I believe I have already said it, but nice to meet you too.’

This is how we kept meeting, after practise, even sometimes creating out own practise times. She was 18, a trainee, part-timer and loved dancing. Our lessons contained dancing, obviously, talking and touching, not inappropriate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter