Boyfriend's Shirt

Boyfriend's Shirt

I leaned against the hood of my boyfriend’s sleek black Mercedes SLK, instinctively looking at my watch for the nth time that night. His flight should have already landed 20 minutes ago, which means he’ll be out soon. I let out an exasperated sigh, frustrated at how slow the clock was ticking. I haven’t seen him for the past two weeks, and all I needed right now was to feel protected, in my boyfriend’s arms, where I belong.

 

I watched intently as a girl walked through the doors of the airport, clad in a tight tank top and boyfriend cut jeans. I rolled my eyes at the sight. The ‘boyfriend cut’ trend was probably the biggest catastrophes to ever hit the world of fashion. The clothes were all loose and baggy; they did absolutely nothing to show off a girl’s figure. I stared after the girl, who, by the way, has a nice figure, feeling like tearing her jeans apart into shreds. I mentally cursed the person who started this trend.

 

Distracted as I was, I whipped my head back to the entrance of the airport when I heard the familiar husky voice that I loved so much calling my name. Immediately, I ran up to him and threw my arms around his neck, wrapping my legs around his waist. I buried my head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his Armani perfume that I’ve missed all week. At that moment, I felt at peace. I felt complete.

 

“Whoa there, slow down, baby,” Woohyun whispered softly into my ear, dropping his bags on the floor to support my weight. “I’ve missed you,” he said as he placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

 

“I’ve missed you too,” I replied, kissing him lightly on the nose. “I hope you didn’t meet anymore girlfriends these past two weeks in Japan,” I pouted playfully, not wanting to get out of his strong arms.

 

Woohyun was part of the uprising boy group, Infinite, and they’d just finished a successful round of promotions in Japan. He was initially supposed to come home tomorrow, with the rest of s, but because I missed him so much, I unintentionally bawled my eyes out while talking to him on the phone last night. Next thing you know, he was on the plane, flying back to Korea. He’d purposefully chosen a midnight flight, too, so that none of his fans would see him when I came to pick him up. Yes, my boyfriend is that thoughtful.

 

He chuckled lightly, the rumbling of his chest causing my heart to beat a little faster. He untangled my legs from his waist, carefully setting me down on the floor, his hands never leaving my waist. “Baby, you’ve gotten heavier,” he exclaimed jokingly, amusement dancing in his eyes as I glared at him and hit his chest. “But I still love you anyway,” he continued softly, only loud enough for me to hear.

 

Oh Nam Woohyun, the things to do to my poor, weak heart.

 

I tiptoed and captured his lips into a sweet, loving kiss. Within seconds, he took control of the kiss, entangling his tongue with mine. When we broke apart, I took hold of his tie and pulled him towards the car. He stumbled slightly, but swiftly reached down to grab his bags and effortlessly sped up to match my pace. When we got to the car, I threw his car keys to him, which he caught at ease, before opening the door of the passenger’s seat.

 

“Where to?” he asked as he inserted the keys into the ignition, bringing the engine to life.

 

“Home. Bed. Now.”

 

That was the fastest I’ve ever seen Woohyun drive.

 

--------------------------------------

 

I woke up feeling like I just ran a marathon. I tried to stretch a little to soothe my aching muscles, but my movements were restricted, making me take notice of the strong arms that were wrapped around my waist. I looked under the covers and realized that I was wearing Woohyun’s dress shirt when the events from last night replayed in my mind, a huge -eating grin spreading across my face.

 

I turned around to come face to face with a still sleeping Woohyun. I’ve missed waking up to this face every morning. I used my index finger to lightly trace his distinctive features – from his chiseled cheekbones, to his high nose, to his well-defined jawline. He looked so peaceful while he slept, I didn’t have the heart to wake him up. He’s been working extremely hard lately anyway, so it wasn’t like he got to sleep in everyday.

 

Carefully, I tried to wriggle out of Woohyun’s tight embrace, trying not to wake him up, only to feel his grip on my waist tighten. “Where do you think you’re going?” Woohyun asked with his eyes still closed, sleep lacing his voice.

 

“Woohyunnie, let go of me! It’s already 11am. I’m meeting the girls in about an hour…” I trailed as Woohyun nibbled at my earlobe in attempt to distract me so that I would stay in bed with him all day. Damn, does that boy know me well. At this rate, I’ll never make it to my lunch date with the girls.

 

“But baby,” he said as he pouted, “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

 

I chuckled as I lightly pecked his lips. “Happy now?” I asked, feigning innocence, a smile threatening to break out on my face.

 

“Not quite,” he responded before proceeding to plant kisses on every inch of my face as I giggled helplessly. Then, he captured my lips with his own and we kissed passionately. “Now I’m done,” he said, mimicking the grin on my face when we broke apart for oxygen.

 

Unwillingly, I crawled out of bed, beginning to Woohyun’s top as I stared at my own reflection in my full-length mirror. In the mirror, I can see Woohyun staring at me intently, furrowing his brows with his head propped up on his hands.

 

“What?” I asked him as I spun around.

 

“You look y wearing my shirt. Keep it on. Wear it out later!” he remarked as he eyed me up and down.

 

“No way. You know how I feel about boyfriend cut clothes. Nope. Nuh uh. Absolutely not,” I said in a serious tone, giving him a no-nonsense look as I continued to the shirt.

 

“Baby, that shirt is not boyfriend cut, or whatever,” he said as he rolled his eyes. “It’s not like it’s a female’s top deliberately made to look like it’s your boyfriend’s. It’s my shirt. It is your boyfriend’s shirt. What’s not y about that?”

 

I thought about it seriously for a minute. Honestly, I didn’t want to take the shirt off. It smelled like Woohyun. And Woohyun’s right. Technically, this shirt isn’t in the typical boyfriend cut. It is my boyfriend’s shirt. So that wouldn’t make me a hypocrite… right? Woohyun can be pretty dense sometimes, but at times like these, I really wondered if he was a genius.

 

“No,” I shook my head to toy with him, my mind already made up. “Do you want to make me look like a hypocrite?” I asked, putting my hand on hips, trying to look as serious as possible.

 

“Baby, come on!” he exclaimed with a loud groan. He ran over to me and tackled me into a tight hug. He held two fingers up on each hand and put them behind his head, bobbing his head as he made adorable noises. Unfortunately for me, this stupid, ridiculous aegyo move he called his “secret weapon” was my weakness.

 

“Okay, fine,” I said, sighing in defeat as I leaned in to kiss him, even though I knew I lost the battle about five minutes ago.

 

“Works every time…” Woohyun muttered under his breath with a smug smile as he walked back to the bed.

 

--------------------------------------

 

“Did I tell you how y you look?” Woohyun asked and he grabbed me by the waist.

 

I’d ended up pairing his shirt with skinny jeans, five-inch platform pumps, and belted the shirt at the waist so that it wouldn’t swallow me up. I threw my hair up in a high ponytail, and was halfway out the door when Woohyun suddenly came up to me.

 

“Only a hundred times, baby,” I said with a chuckle.

 

One last kiss and I was out the door.

 

--------------------------------------

 

I went to meet the girls in our favourite café a few blocks away from my apartment later that afternoon. We’d gotten coffee and settled down in a cozy little corner. I crossed my fingers, hoping they wouldn’t ask about the shirt I was wearing.

 

Well, just my luck.

 

“Didn’t you say you hated boyfriend cut clothes? So why in the world are you wearing that?” Bom asked me with an accusing tone, raising her eyebrows, her gaze boring into me.

 

“Wait a minute…” Chaerin trailed as she inspected my shirt. Or Woohyun’s shirt, for that matter. Being the fashion designer that she is, I really wasn’t surprised when she asked, “Isn’t that a men’s dress shirt?” She the material and came to a conclusion about two seconds later. “Yup, definitely men’s.”

 

A knowing look was etched on Bom’s face when sudden realization dawned upon her. “Woohyun came back from Japan last night, didn’t he?” she asked, a small smile tugging on her lips.

 

“Okay, you got me there,” I replied, defeated, turning a deep shade of red. We caught each other’s eyes and seconds later, we burst out laughing, gasping for air as tears streamed down our faces.

 

“Oh, the things that boy is capable of making you do…”