Golden Cage

Golden Cage

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoongi, come over here and meet, Y/N" a beautiful lady said. She was standing behind a little girl that was wearing an old dress, clutching a ripped teddy bear tightly against her chest.

A boy not much older than yher walked up to her. He's well dressed, with dark hair and didn't show any expression. She tried to smile at him because she finally had a friend. His dark black eyes stared deep into hers.

"Yoongi, she will stay with us from now on, treat her like your little sister" The little girl looked up to the beautiful lady and to her she's an angel.

His dad knelt down to his level, patted his hair softly "She doesn't have anyone else, you have to protect her"

"Yes, I will be her protector" He said and smiled at the little girl. He held out his hand and she took his. They ran outside to play.

"Hey, why haven't you talk to me" He asked, letting go of her hand.

She shook her head, trying to tell him that she can't talk.

"How are we going to play when you can't talk?" He asked her. She looked down at her feet.

"Are you going to cry now?" He grabbed her chubby cheek and lifted up her face. The teary eyed little girl stared back at him.

"I like this expression" He smiled and patted her head softly.

The little girl was shocked that he switched from being nice to being her bully.

"Since you can't talk, you will be my pet from today on" he looked at her old teddy bear, snatched it from her, she cried but there was no sound.

"Disgusting" he said as he tossed it to the ground. She tried to grab it, he snatched her arm "Dont let me see you holding something like this again."

He pulled her along with him.

 

 

15 years later.

 

Min yoongi, the name sent a shiver down everyone's spine. He became one of the most successful persons in the world.

His parents passed away from a tragic accident, leaving him the entire business empire to handle at young age. Some people thought he was associated with underground world, some people admired him for having such power and influence at such a young age.  

"Where is she?" he walked into the house, tossed the dark peak coat to his butler.

"She's in the kitchen, taking care of Master's dinner" The old butler's voice was shaken. He bent his head preparing for the unleashing anger from his master. Instead he stood there in silence. He looked up and saw his master, relaxing on the leather couch, his eyes closed, seeming like he didn't want to be bothered. The old butler steppes back to leave the room.

"I want her" the demanding voice made the old butler stop in track.

"Yes , sir" He said and left the room.

~~~~

"Make some sound when you come in next time" he still didn't open his eyes to look at me.

I went to the coffee table and tapped it softly three times. He still haven't moved, so I stood there waiting for his order.

"Sit next to me" he said softly. I sat down close to him, but not too close, because master didn't like it when I was too close.

I could feel he was looking at me, I didn't dare to turn around and look at him.

"I'm tired today" He laid his head on my lap. His soft black hair falling across his forehead, the line of his lip was harsh, and the dark eyelashes made him look innocent and beautiful. Unconsciously I brushed his bangs away from his forehead. I realized it too late and he grabbed my hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" His eyes narrowed in anger. He let go of my hand and grabbed my chin, the tight grip around my jaw was really painful. A tear slipped down from my eyes.

"I didn't mean it" I did the sign language.

"I never said you could touch me" He said calmly. "Remember you're just a lowlife servant, don't disobey my orders."

He got up and left the room.

"Miss are you alright?" the elderly maid rushed in and soothed me. I hugged her and cried in her arms.

"It's ok, he is just in a bad mood" she said softly "Tomorrow everything will return back to normal"

Since his parents passed away, his mood became worse everyday. Sometimes he was dark sometimes he was light. Yoongi was unpredictable when it comes to me. There were times he seemed like he needed me and there were times he looked at me like I was trash. We both grew up together, got homeschooled together, I got nice clothes and a good education. However I was also a bird in a cage. He never let me go anywhere without anyone following me. What am I to Yoongi? His pet? His slave? His friend? His caretaker? I have no real title because in Yoongi's world I was all of them. Taking many roles based on his mood.

One day, I would be free. I looked around the castle that I once thought was paradise, but it was just an illusion. This was my cage, a golden cage.

~~~~

Y/N POV

The rain and thunderstorm outside became louder. I could feel another body's heat against my back. /He was here again/

I turned around, Yoongi's back to me. He curled himself up again. I put his head on my arm, just like that he turned to me, seeking for comfort in my arms. This was not the first time since the night his parents were gone and never returned to him. During his parents funeral he never shed any tear. Walking in the hall full of adults, he remained unfazed, the follower of his parents became admirers of how strong he was.

That night he sneaked into my room and laid on my bed. I got scared but I saw his face, the tears fell uncontrollably from his eyes. Crying in his sleep, all I could do was comfort him.

"You cannot leave me" he said. All I could do was nodding my head. My younger self was happy of being able to help him. I could offer him comfort and happiness.

 

"If you tell anyone, I will kill you" he said softly. I smiled in the dark, /a mute girl like me, he knows really well I can never tell anyone. Is this why he wouldn't let me go because I know too much? No worries, Yoongi, I will keep everything inside of me until the day I die./  

His body shivered, I covered the blanket on him, patted his shoulder until his breathing was stable. I looked at him in the dark, nothing had changed.

~~~

"I wanted you to set up a party, organize, and make it perfect" he set his coffee cup down.

"That type of event, who is going to be there?" I said using my hands.

"Business men, and other high class investors"

"Ok I understand" I returned my focus to my breakfast. The two of us as usual had breakfast together. In front of us there was a large portion of foods that could feast ten people. This was lonely.

"Remember don't show your face, after everything is set, just stay in your room and let Mrs. Kim handle it" he ordered.

I nodded my head. I knew the rule, no one knew about me. If they saw me I'd just be a lowly maid. I made a mistake once and I would never do it again.

~~~~

The guests were talking, laughing and the music could be heard through my room. I closed my novel, got off my bed, and sneaked a peek out of my balcony window.

Everyone seemed to have a great time. I felt envious, I saw a girl my age dressed nicely and flirt with handsome males. One girl was very beautiful. I wished I was her. I saw Yoongi walking up to her. My heart felt uneasy, he leans close to her, he laughed and smiled at what she said. Then he lifted his head and looked at my direction, I stepped back and hid in the shadow of my dark curtains. I felt like I got caught, my heart beat really fast, I took a deep breath and calmed myself. /no way he noticed I was watching/

A knock at the door made me jump. I walked to the door and Mrs Kim looked like she was in trouble.

"Miss, I just got a phone call from home, my husband is really sick, I need to go back home" she said.

"Have you let Yoongi know?" I asked her. She understood sign language since Yoongi only hired people that could understand sign language.

"I already told our butler, he said he already informed young master"

"Ok, I will go down there, you can leave, I hope everything is ok with Mr. Kim"

"Thank you Miss" she gave me a hug before she walked out.

Dressed in one of the maid outfits, I walked into the kitchen, checked and made sure everything was in order. Coordinating and making sure the food and drinks in the party were all in order. I served the champagne to the guests.

"Eh, you kinda pretty" one of the drunk guests said. He reached over and touched me, I stepped back causing the champagne glass that I carried to shatter.  I reached down and picked up the glass.

"Don't pick it up" the sweet voice right next to me said. I looked up and saw the golden haired man come next to me.

"I will help you, be careful" he said as he picked up the glass. I was being careless and cut myself.

"Aish, are you alright?" He looked at the cut.

I nodded my head. I was amazed how nice he was. The pain was nothing. Suddenly I was being pull away, the hand that grabbed my arm tightly belonged to him. Yoongi. I couldn't see his face, but I could feel his anger. Was it because I ruined the party?

I could see all eyes following us.

"Yoongi where are you taking her?" the young man that helped me came after us. Yoongi walked faster, half dragging me upstairs.

"Yoongi! Stop! You're hurting her!"

Yoongi stopped and turned around to face the young man. If looks could kill that young man would already be dead.

"This is my house, what I do with my people is my business." he said angrily. I could feel the chills running down my spine. I swallowed nervously looking between Yoongi and the young man. The guests stared at us silently. No one dared to say a word. I tried to reassure the young man but once again I almost tripped up the stairs as I was being dragged by Yoongi.

He pushed me into my room. Closed the door behind him.

"Careless as always, do you want to leave that badly?" he tried to control his temper. I shook my head. /No, I was just working/

"Stop lying to me, I know you, you want to leave me! Everyone wants to leave me!" he yelled at me. Grabbed the vase and threw it across the room. The red rose scattered across the room, and the floor filled with the shattered glass.

 

"No! I'm not leaving!" I cried out but no word was coming out, and my hand tried to deliver the message. The tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes. He grabbed my shoulder, his grip was painful. His dark expression full of anger and hatred. I feel the pain as he slammed my back against the wall.

"You like him, don't you?" he laughed bitterly "I could see the way you look at him."

I kept shaking my head, /No! You're wrong!/

He saw my bleeding finger. The blood dripped on the carpet.  He reached out to touch the wound and I flinched in pain.

"Remember every time you hurt me, I will hurt you twice as much" He leaned down and brushed his lip against mine. He grabbed my hair tightly, I let out a painful yelp as his tongue invaded my lips. This was not a sweet kiss, this was rough and a punishment. He nibbled my lip, bit down to the point I could taste the blood. His lips caressed my jaw and my neck, the small kiss left me breathless as his fingers caressed my bruised lip. His hand traveled from my lip to my throat, caressing my slender neck.

"Y/N, don't ever disobey my order" he whispered into my ear. I opened my eyes, he was standing before me with an indescribable expression, his hand reached out to me again and this caused me to flinch away. Instead he looked at my bleeding finger, his blazing eyes stare deep into mine as he take my finger tip into his mouth, the hot, wet tongue caress the wounded finger. Such a sensual expression leave me breathless.

 

"," he said softly. Close his eyes and laugh bitterly. I stood there stun by his action. he took out his white handkerchief. He carefully cleaned it and wrapped it around my wound. He raised my wounded finger to his lip as if a kiss would make the pain go away.

Hot and cold. Love and hate. Why are you doing this to me?

One moment you were attacking me, the next you're taking care of me as if you would treasure me. My tears were falling. Happiness and sadness, I can't differentiate. He pulled me into his arms, hugged me tightly.

"Stay in your room...don't leave this room" and just like that he left me alone as if nothing happened. This time his madness had gone to far.

 ~~~