Second chapter

The new chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi!! It's been such a long time since I last updated :c
I'm sorry about that, my inspiration flew away and I had other ideas and got inspired by them... so it wasn't good for this story...
As a gift, I'll make an extra part and it will have some action ;) haha
So I hope I don't take that long with the last one but I can't promise anything since my inspiration is quite unstable lately D:

Thank you for always supporting me! I hope you enjoy this <3
Comments will be appreciated and I'll answer each one like always ^^

 

 

When they had that talk, Kihyun didn’t expect anything more than being in good terms with Changkyun. They were only working together and getting along was something they needed. But, after some weeks of being nice to each other, Kihyun was starting to fall into the spell. The younger was cute and enthusiastic - something the sou-chef didn’t think was fake anymore - and he liked it maybe a little too much. Now he was the one calling Changkyun all the time and he wasn’t proud of it. ‘I’m a sou-chef, I should be the one behaving professionally’ he thought before seeing all those unchopped vegetables lying on the counter and he couldn’t contain himself anymore. “Changkyunnie” yeah, he did that. He wasn’t proud of it either but it was hard to control the nickname from coming out when the other was being so sweet.

“Yes, hyung!” the younger said, standing right next to him to wait for his order. It was cute as hell and made Kihyun more whipped.

“Can you chop these?” the brunette asked politely and Changkyun just nodded. He grabbed a tray, placed all the vegetables there and went back to his station. Kihyun followed him with his eyes and, once he started, he turned back to what he was previously doing.

“Wow” Mingyu shook his head in disbelief. “You said you wouldn’t fall for his spell and look at you now” he added, making Kihyun blush a little. Mingyu couldn’t believe he was behaving that way though he was trying his best to understand. The brunette treated the boy like trash for almost an entire month, or maybe a bit more, and, there he was, liking him more each second.

“I didn’t! I just figured we have to get along to work together” he lied because he was totally biased. The sou-chef understood his coworkers, Changkyun had something in him that made everyone melt.

“Yeah, right” Mingyu narrowed his eyes. “What did he tell you? Did he threaten you?” the tall one went closer to Kihyun and stared into his orbs to make sure he wasn’t lying.

“He didn’t do anything” the elder said thought Minhyuk laughed. It was obvious he had a talk with Changkyun but he wasn’t sure whether to tell his friend or not. He didn’t want anyone making fun of him for pretending to be tough. It was too late though, Jihyun was starting to notice his change in attitude too and it wasn’t something good. “What?” Kihyun asked, still pretending not to know.

“Oh, come on, I’m not stu- he’s back” Mingyu interrupted his own sentence when Changkyun got back with his task done. Kihyun had to admit, the younger was slowly getting good at it. The vegetables had no flaws for the first time since he started working at the restaurant.

“Thank you, Changkyunnie” the sou-chef smiled but it faded the moment he noticed Mingyu’s knowing stare.

“Anything else you want me to do, hyung?” the black haired had that soft smile on his face and Kihyun momentarily forgot about Mingyu’s burning stare.

“Not for now” Kihyun replied. “I’ll let you know if I do” he added and Changkyun nodded, leaving to help other sou-chefs. As he did so, Kihyun turned back to Mingyu and sighed. “Fine! We talked” the brunette admitted. “He told me some personal things and I discovered he wasn’t being fake” he omitted some details because he didn’t want to tell his friend everything. “I’m giving him a chance because I misjudged him” he stopped talking and Mingyu rolled his eyes.

“I knew it” the tall one said. “What if he was lying?” Mingyu asked.

“He wasn’t, trust me” Kihyun answered. “He’s a terrible chef” he whispered to himself.

“What?” those words weren’t meant to be heard by Mingyu but he apparently did.

“Nothing!” Kihyun chuckled nervously. “Let’s just work” he added and Mingyu rolled his eyes one more time.

 

 

It was a lovely day. The sun was up in the sky, there were no clouds covering the bright light blue color and people seemed to be active. Kihyun wasn't okay with that. He'd never cared about his surroundings but the problem wasn't the crowd around him, the problem was Hoseok. The latter was the reason for the sou-chef not to like sunny days. Hoseok became noisy and his exercising obsession grew stronger. It became so strong he dragged his grumpy roommate to the park to make him work out. It was insane, really, but Kihyun couldn't say no. Hoseok had a gift and Kihyun was starting to realize he'd misjudged Changkyun a lot when they met because the young male had never behaved like Hoseok. "20! Come on, Kihyunnie! 21! Faster!" Hoseok yelled and Kihyun did one more push up to then fall face fist on the grass, breathing like crazy due to his tiredness.

"I can't, Hoseok-hyung! I'm not like you!" Kihyun growled and thought how good it would be to punch his roommate hard as revenge. "I'll just watch" he stayed down, unable to move. Hoseok whined and stopped to look at his almost dead friend.

"Come on! I don't want to do it alone" Hoseok pouted. "You can do less than me! How about half?" he asked but Kihyun shook his head, not lifting it from the ground. "Fine, I knew you didn't like me- Um... May I help you?" Hoseok suddenly said, making Kihyun look up in curiosity. His roommate had interrupted his own words for a reason and the sou-chef almost had a heart attack when he found Changkyun by his side, holding a playful grin on his face. He was wearing tight jogging pants that made his skinny legs stand out and a long black t-shirt which showed his incredible collarbones. He looked stunning and Kihyun couldn't believe he was checking one of his employees out. From head to toe, more than once. He wasn't proud of it.

"Hi, hyung" Changkyun greeted and Kihyun quickly sat up, fixing his hair and clothes in the speed of light. "I saw you working out and I thought it would be nice to say hi" he added and Kihyun smiled. Hoseok was no longer confused about the newcomer's presence, but he seemed to be curious about how Kihyun was related to him.

"Hi, Changkyunnie" the older was embarrassed. Why did Changkyun have to be there at that moment? Couldn't it be other person he wasn't trying to impress? "What are you doing here at the park?" the sou-chef said what first came to his mind while trying to forget the other saw his poor performance minutes ago.

"I'm here with some friends" the younger answered. "Oh, I'm Changkyun, his assistant, nice to meet you" Changkyun shook Hoseok's hand, not wishing to be rude.

"I'm his roommate, Hoseok! Nice to meet you too" the elder replied. "Kihyun didn't tell me he had a new assistant" he glanced at Kihyun but didn't say anything else. The sou-chef knew he would demand some explanation later and he wouldn't be able to run away from it.

"Why would I tell you? It's not like you need to know every time a new chef enters the restaurant" Kihyun defended himself and Hoseok shook his head in disbelief. Maybe he was making it clear he liked Changkyun more than any of his coworkers, but Hoseok was the only one noticing. They knew each other since they were little and the gym teacher couldn’t be fooled by Kihyun.

"Much less if they are as terrible as me" the younger joked and Kihyun couldn't help to laugh. They were feeling more comfortable each day and the sou-chef wasn’t restraining himself around Changkyun anymore. He didn’t mind laughing at one of his silly jokes.

“Where are your friends? You can bring them here if you want to” Kihyun asked and had a brilliant idea. “They could help Hoseok-hyung with his exercises since he hates doing them alone” he added and Hoseok whined.

“Oh, they are...” Changkyun paused, searching for his group of friends around the green space. “They must have gone too far for me to see” he finished his sentence and Kihyun growled. “The thing is, they like running” the black haired explained after seeing his superior complain. “And I like coming to the park to read or draw or just to watch the scenery” Changkyun was just like him and he didn’t feel that useless anymore. “I hate exercising... no offense, hyung” he directed his last words to Hoseok and the latter told him it was fine.

“See, Hoseok-hyung?” Kihyun said. “I’m not the only one” he pushed his roommate - who was on his knees - and made him fall on his . “Hey, do you want to sit here? Hoseok-hyung can go with your friends” Kihyun joked and Hoseok pouted.

“Are you seriously not running with me?” the elder asked and the sou-chef shook his head. “Fine, I’ll be around the park” he seemed offended but Kihyun knew he couldn’t be mad for long. Changkyun watched Hoseok leave and then sat down beside his superior, not saying anything. It was at that moment when Kihyun started to realize he had just invited his employee to hang out with him.

“Um-”

“I-”

They both spoke at the same time and they chuckled. Changkyun scratched his nape awkwardly right after and Kihyun knew he had to think of something to say quickly. “So, were you reading, drawing or doing nothing today?” he asked as fast as he could so the awkward silence disappeared.

“The third option” Changkyun giggled. “I was feeling extremely tired today” Kihyun couldn’t blame him, they had a heavy night at the restaurant. He himself was feeling extremely tired too - and Hoseok managed to drag him to the park anyway -. “Last night was too much... I’m starting to regret it” Changkyun said and Kihyun’s heart sped up for some unknown reason. He knew he hated the younger at the beginning but he didn’t want him to leave anymore. He was learning, he could get better and better until he was at the restaurant’s level. Kihyun wanted him to follow his dream and be a baker though he had already studied to be a chef, hadn’t he? He could take advantage of the job for a few years. “I haven’t been baking lately... I miss it” the black haired’s eyes were on his own hands as he played with his fingers. Kihyun felt bad for him and placed his hand on his shoulder to comfort him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to create a depressing environment” Changkyun chuckled. “I just don’t know what to do with my life” Kihyun stared at him and thought he was only 23. He had his whole life ahead and he could still figure everything out. The sou-chef was 30 and he had always known he wanted to be a chef though he had his doubts in the past too.

“Don’t worry, Changkyun-ah” the elder caressed his employee’s shoulder. “You are young and you can figure it out later” Kihyun smiled reassuringly. “It’s not the end of the world, kid” he joked and made Changkyun chuckle slightly. “By the way, you need to bake something for me some day” he said and the younger laughed. “I want to know if you are good for real or if you are just lying to me” he kept on joking, trying to make the other feel better.

“I promise I will, hyung” Changkyun grinned. “But I must warn you I’m very good at baking and you’ll become addicted to sweets” the younger made him laugh.

"I don't think so" Kihyun joked and Changkyun pretended to get offended by the comment. "I should probably get back to Hoseok now" the sou-chef sighed, watching Hoseok pout at him from the distance. "He's ing pouting at me! And I cannot take it" he growled because he knew his roommate was a little kid most of the times and he felt the need to protect him. It was sill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter