His Insecurities (Namjoon POV)

Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon understood that as a leader he had to be extremely in tune to the feelings of his bandmates. He had taken it upon himself to be sensitive to their state of being, to know their quirks and to work around it. His Jin-hyung hated getting nagged, their second eldest needed to get reminded to eat whenever he was in his studio, Hoseok really hated slacking off, Jimin needed constant affirmation and be told to slow down. 

Taehyung kept too many things inside, and despite his perceived maturity, Jungkook was still young inside. He always thought he knew all their quirks and most of the time he could work around it. But he wasn't always right.

Sometimes he overstepped his bounds. Sometimes he read the signals wrong. Every time he made the wrong move, he'd list it down in his head under his flaws. He'd ask himself, "What did I do wrong? How could have I handled it better?"

 

Sometimes he had answers. Sometimes he drew blank.

In his present case, the latter was true. He'd been drawing blank for weeks now ever since he noticed the looks that Taehyung threw his way. He had been asking himself the same question for weeks, only to come up blank.

 

At first he thought he had misunderstood. He knew that Taehyung tended to look intimidating if he wasn't smiling. But after days of being the target of sharp gazes, he realized that he was right and his roommate has been glaring at him in more than one occasion.

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. There it was again.

"Hey, Namjoon-ah you okay?"

 

Namjoon turned to the eldest who was sitting beside him, giving him a reassuring smile in return. "I'm fine, hyung. Now where were we?"

 

Namjoon scratched his nose as the eldest leaned closer to him, his black hair managing to tickle his nose in the process. Seokjin was pointing at the line on a small notepad, a song he had been working on. Namjoon had thought it looked too simple at first but the longer he looked at it, he started to realize the beauty in its straightforwardness and honesty. "I think you just need to work more on the chorus hyung. Let's try to schedule a meeting with one of the producers and see if they can start helping you with the arrangement".

"Let me work on it more. I'll tell you when I'm done."

Namjoon smiled, he really was pleased that his hyung had been excited in trying to write his own song despite his initial hesitation.

 

Namjoon turned his head when he heard a door opening and accidentally looked towards where Taehyung was sitting. The smile froze on his face when his eyes connected with Taehyung's sharp gaze which disappeared quickly as the second maknae broke eye contact and stood up abruptly.

"".

"What happened?"

Namjoon sighed, "Nothing, hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter