Forevermore

Forevermore (One Shot)

Forevermore

I was sitting in the bus, listening to my iPod when my cell phone vibrated. I took my cell phone out of my bag and read the text message.

 

You look beautiful right now. :)

 

A smile formed on my lips and I bit my lower lip. I pressed reply and started typing.

 

You are so cheesy, you know that? Can you see me right now?

 

I said then pressed send. I tried to glance around the bus but my phone vibrated again and I glanced at my phone.

 

Of course. Look behind you, beautiful.

 

I slowly turned around and saw a guy wearing a baggy sweatshirt and a trucker hat. The guy smiled at me and I immediately knew who it was; Lee Jinki. I grabbed my belongings and sat next to him at the very back of the bus. He intertwined his fingers with mine and squeezed my hand.

 

“Hey beautiful.”

 

He whispered in my ear. My cheeks turned bright red and I stared at the floor while I bit my lower lip. I bet everyone knows who my boyfriend is, right? Lee Jinki; born on December 14, 1989. 22 years old. 177cm tall. Leader of the amazing band called SHINee. Also known as Onew. He can play the piano and his smile is amazing. So you’re probably wondering how I ended up dating such an amazing guy like him, right? The answer is simple; him and I were best friends ever since we were young. I remember the day he asked me out; it happened on Valentines Day, in the middle of the street while the cars were waiting for the stoplight to turn from red to green. He wasn’t part of SHINee yet because he was a trainee and I barely saw him but that day was absolutely unforgettable. He just loves showing his affection in front of everyone and I think it’s really adorable! He wrapped his arm around me and I placed the other earphone in his left ear. Coincidentally, his cover song of Forevermore started playing.

 

“Look, it’s our song.”

 

He said and smiled. I smiled back at him and listened to our song. He would always sing this song to me every night before I would go to sleep and on our first anniversary, he played the song for me on the piano and even sang. The bus suddenly stopped and a group of high school girls got in.

 

“Oh my gosh! Did you hear the new SHINee song??”

 

I heard one girl ask. He froze up a bit and I squeezed his hand, trying to calm him down. He relaxed a bit and we both tried to listen to their conversation. I know it’s wrong to eavesdrop but we wanted to know what they were going to say.

 

“Of course! Jonghyun oppa is so hot!”

 

Another girl said and squealed.

 

“Jonghyun oppa? No way! Onew oppa is hot! Seriously, did you see his smile? He has the best smile ever.”

 

Another girl said and smiled. Her friends quickly agreed and continued to talk about how much they love SHINee. Suddenly, they talked about their relationships. They wondered if the other members of SHINee were secretly dating anyone because of Jonghyun’s sudden relationship with Shin Se Kyung. Honestly, I love Jinki with all my heart and I’m very proud of his achievements but sometimes I wish he wasn’t famous at all. I don’t remember the last time we went on a date and he was always busy. The only times we would ever see each other if we meet in the bus or if he climbs inside my room.

 

We finally got out of the bus and his phone rang. A sigh escaped my lips and he gave me an apologetic look. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and he smiled at me. He answered his phone as soon as he locked the gate of my house and I watched him talk to his manager. His manager calls all the time. They have a very busy schedule so he must answer his phone at all times in case there’s a change of schedule or something. My parents are never home and I’m used to the quiet so I walked upstairs and dropped my backpack on my bedroom floor. I changed into some comfortable clothes and I saw Jinki walk inside my room.

 

“Hey baby!”

 

I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead. A tiny smile crept on his face and I raised an eyebrow. Something’s wrong, I can feel it.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

I asked. He just shrugged and I caressed his cheek with the back of my hand.

 

“Tell me.”

 

He sighed and led me to my bed. He sat on my bed and I sat next to him. I watched him take a few deep breaths and he sighed. As soon as his eyes met mine, I knew what was going to happen.

 

“We have to break up…”

 

He said. Tears started forming and I tried so hard not to cry but I started crying. He wiped the tears away and hugged me.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

He whispered in my ear. I held him closer to me and started crying harder. I knew it was going to happen sooner and later, I just didn’t expect to cry this much. We didn’t pull away from each other and I kept crying.

 

“Stay.”

 

I mumbled. He didn’t say anything so I continued to talk.

 

“Stay for the night…please?”

 

He nodded and I hugged him tighter. I pulled away and he wiped the tears off my face. I checked the clock as I wiped the tears and smiled. 3:15 p.m.

 

“Let’s do something fun.”

 

I said as I dragged his arm and led him to the kitchen. The lower part of the house was really big so the kitchen, dining room and living room were connected to each other. I turned the TV on and a random movie came up. I grabbed our matching aprons and grabbed some baking supplies.

 

“We should bake cookies!”

 

I said as I forced to smile. He looked at me with serious eyes then slowly smiled. We started to mix all the ingredients and the kitchen was really messy.

 

“Hey baby.”

 

I said and as soon as he looked at me, I put some cookie dough on his nose and laughed. He put some on my nose, too and pinched my cheek. In the end, we ended up making a dozen of cookies but our clothes were really dirty. While the cookies were baking, we changed our clothes and decided to watch some TV. Since he always comes over, he has a drawer filled with his clothes and he even has his own towel sitting next to mine. We decided to watch the movie, If Only and I really love this movie but I also hate it because of the sad ending. While watching the movie, I was laying on him and his fingers were intertwined with mine. Suddenly, we smelt something burning and we immediately stood up and ran to the kitchen.

 

“Oh no!”

 

I said as he placed the baking pan on the counter and we stared at the sort of burned cookies. We stared at each other then bursted out laughing. He grabbed one of the cookies and tried it.

 

“Well, at least it’s edible…sort of.”

 

He said and we both laughed again. We ended up eating the semi-burned cookies while drinking milk. I don’t remember the last time we ever talked for more than five minutes and I actually miss his randomness. After eating all the cookies, we went back to my room and I my keyboard.

 

“Sit, I have to show you something.”

 

I said as he sat on my bed and I exhaled slowly. I started playing the song and I felt a little nervous. It’s my first time showing him what I learned and I feel like I’m going to make a mistake. I tried to learn our song and I was doing well when I accidentally made a mistake. I chewed on my lower lip and felt embarrassed but he sat next to me and continued to play. He started to sing and I watched him play. My heart started beating faster and I smiled. He finished playing the song and he kissed my forehead.

 

“You were amazing.”

 

He said and smiled. Hours passed by and it was already 10:00 p.m. I only have a few more hours to be with him and I was starting to feel sad. My bed was next to the window so we had a perfect view of the moon and stars at night. We watched the stars and he hugged me tighter.

 

“I love you.”

 

He whispered in my ear.

 

“I love you, too.”

 

I said and kissed him. I didn’t want this day to end but I have no control of time. Suddenly, he started singing our song and played with my hair.

 

“Stop.”

 

I said as I closed my eyes.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don’t want to sleep. If I close my eyes, you’ll be gone. I don’t want you to leave.”

 

He kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer.

 

“I won’t go anywhere.”

 

“No…tomorrow, you’ll be gone. Tomorrow, you won’t be mine anymore.”

 

Tears started flowing down my cheek and he hugged me tighter.

 

“I’ll always be in your heart and you’ll always be in mine. We may never see each other but remember that I will always love you.”

 

He continued to sing and my eyes were slowly closing when I saw a shooting star. I wish…I wish he would never leave my side. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. Please…please grant my wish. I will never ask for anything, just grant my wish. The following morning, I felt alone. I slowly opened my eyes and realized that he was gone. I closed my eyes, hoping that this was just a stupid dream and opened my eyes again but he wasn’t there. This wasn’t a dream, this was reality. My eyes scanned the room and I noticed something on my wall. I quickly got out of bed and saw a bunch of sticky notes on my wall. I looked at each sticky note and read the note written on it.

 

So many years have passed us by I cherish the moments by your side

 

I can't resist touching you, not even while you're sleeping

 

When you need me I'll be there to make you smile

 

Baby our love will last forever

 

I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

 

I read each note and realized that it was our song. He wrote the lyrics on the sticky notes and stuck it on my wall. Lastly, I read the last note and started crying.

 

I'll be the one to love you forever more.
I will always love you,
Lee Jinki

 

I suddenly felt weak and fell on the floor. This is reality; the guy that I love the most is gone. I looked at all the sticky notes and slowly smiled; I will always love you too, Lee Jinki.