Paradise

Paradise

It was a typical summer afternoon and Kang Daesung was enjoying the weather with a cool cocktail in his hands, his body submerged half inside the swimming pool as he held himself up on the edge of the pool with his arms, which were bulging with years of workout and drumming, veins creating a beautiful pattern on his arms. His face was tilted up, his small eyes covered with a sunglass that made him look ier and a slight smile graced his face as the sun reflected off of it. He was radiant enough as it is, but he looked different with the sunlight on him. It was magical somehow. Like he had gotten a halo that he deserved for being such an angel.

Being here was nostalgic for this angel though. A thousand thoughts ran in his mind as he sat there and reminisced about what used to be. he could almost feel it as it were yesterday. As if it were now. He could feel the warmth of his body moulded against his back and the soft feel of his lips as they graced his neck with feather soft kisses. He could feel the tingles running through his body as if it was happening right now. As if he was here right now.

The large calloused hands grabbed him on the side of his waist and slid to the front, clasping around his shirtless body tightly as he almost screamed from the sudden body contact. He smiled his bright as the sun smile as the familiar body came in contact with his back, the perfect contours of the person’s chest fitting against his back perfectly. As if he was made specially for him. As if they were made for each other. The water of the pool was a cool contrast against the warm sunlight that glistened off of their bodies, and for a moment, Kang Daesung thought that this, right here, was paradise. Because even with the perfect scenery and the perfect food or the perfect drinks, there was something else, that was the definition of perfection. And he was close enough to reach. Close enough to touch. Close enough to hold and to kiss. He was close enough to be Kang Daesung’s. Choi Seunghyun was brilliant in the warm sunlight, and looking at him, Daesung thought that as long as he lived, he would never want or need anything else.

And when he turned around in his arms, that perfection was looking at him as if he were the axis the earth revolved upon. He was looking at Daesung as if he were his world. And as Seunghyun leaned down to gently capture his lips in a gentle kiss, where he could faintly taste the wine that Seunghyun had been drinking mixed with the heady taste of Seunghyun himself, Daesung thought that this was paradise. It was perfection. It was love.

Daesung woke up from the daydream he had been having, living an old memory that would probably never happen again. It was certainly paradise, as it was Love, but that didn’t exist anymore, and Daesung only had himself to blame. With a bitter smile, Daesung placed the cocktail on the ground beside the swimming pool and lifted himself up and over the edge using the arms he had been using to rest against the side of the pool. He just sat there for a while but being in the pool was not as relaxing as it once used to be. It was now tainted with memories that once used to be happy but were now an unachievable dream.

He thought he would give himself a little treat and come to Hawaii to relax and enjoy for a few days, as he had always liked the place. It was bright, like him. But somehow, he was only torturing himself with the ghost of a past that he would regret for the rest of his life.

He sighed and walked over to one of the sun loungers placed near the very luxurious and the very private pool of the resort Daesung liked to visit from time to time. There was another thing he liked just as much, and being suddenly reminded of it, he decided to call up room service from a telephone that was placed conveniently beside the sun lounger and order his favourite ice-cream Sundae. He loved having them. They were little sugary heavens that made a comfy cushion for his feelings to rest upon. Plus, he liked the name. Sun-dae. Hehe.

The waiter arrived with his delicious dessert and Daesung thanked him with a beautiful wide smile, because he was such an angel. He stared at the glass containing the ice cream for a long time, but just ended up frantically shaking his head to get himself out of the reverie and decided to taste it. The taste was so familiar. It was so similar to the ones they used to have before. It was so damn similar that it knocked the breath out of Daesung and brought tears to his eyes.

Daesung had had a huge fight with his father that morning, and he was hardly containing his tears as he sat through class after class in school, trying to maintain his composure. He has always been a sensitive child, and things like these affected him a lot even if he tried not to show it much. The smile that shined in everyone’s life as bright as the sun seemed to be absent today, turning the whole atmosphere as gloomy as a raining day.

His friends just could not take the sad Daesung anymore and had run to the only person that could bring their bright Daesung back, their senior who seemed to be good at everything, Choi Seunghyun.

Choi Seunghyun, though a mysterious personality to the rest of the school, someone far up, someone they couldn’t reach or approach, was a darling to Kang Daesung. They didn’t know when or how it happened, but Choi Seunghyun was the guardian angel of Kang Daesung, and seemed to be the happiest, and even smiled, in the presence of the younger. They were a sight to behold when they were together.

Choi Seunghyun had come blasting in through the door of Daesung’s classroom, his usual calm demeanour broken by the fact that he had been running all the way to this place. He took a look at Daesung’s face and gently walked over to him, leaning down infront of him so that he could look into Daesung’s cute eyes as he looked down at the ground.

“Daedae?” Seunghyun’s voice was as gentle as velvet, soft enough that it could never startle Daesung even in it’s wildest dreams. It was this way only for Daesung. Only ever for his Daedae.

“Hyung!!” Daesung whined like a needy child. Daesung too, was only ever like this to his Hyung. No one else. The tears that he had been trying so hard to hold since the morning flowed freely from his eyes, and from the sight of them, Choi Seunghyun bought him into a warm embrace. A personal safe place for Daesung where nothing could hurt him. In Seunghyun’s arms, he was home.

Seunghyun gently patted his back until he calmed down, and pulled back to look at him

“My Daedae had a fight today, didn’t he? Oh, my poor baby…” he cooed as he patted Daesung’s back as if he were a child. Daesung basked in the attention and adoration he was receiving from his Hyung, leaning into him a bit more.

“I wonder what will bring a smile on your face…hmmm…let’s see…how about…” Seunghyun paused for a dramatic effect while Daesung glanced at him curiously.

“An Ice-cream Sundae!” Seunghyun announced cheerfully, and as expected, Daesung’s face lit up, his eyes shining brightly as he heard the name of his favourite dessert.

And it was because of that look that Choi Seunghyun didn’t care that it was the middle of a school day or that they were not allowed to leave school before it ended. Or even the fact that if he bought a sundae today, he’ll probably have to wait for another month before he saw any form of money from his parents again. He didn’t care. Because it made his Daedae smile.

 

Daesung let out a wry smile as he glanced at the now melted ice-cream. Everything he used to like or adore didn’t hold the same meaning anymore, because even the finest details in his life had Choi Seunghyun embedded into them. It was like a fine woven fabric that will unravel if you pull even one thread. Seunghyun was everywhere. He could still smell him and taste him, feel him, just the same. He was in every memory that Daesung valued enough to remember, the years of his innocence where Seunghyun was the pure love, the first time he held somebody’s hand and felt that he couldn’t let go. His first kiss. His first love. The way they sneaked out of their house during school years. Their public displays of affection, their secret hide outs. The way they would spend all night staring at the stars, lying down holding hands on the hood of Seunghyun’s car. The way he let go of that hand. The way he hurt Seunghyun. The way he made Seunghyun cry. The way he didn’t believe in him and ruined the only thing they had. Each other.

Everyone in the world believed Daesung was an angel. Seunghyun too. Even after everything he did. But Daesung did not. He believed that he was the devil himself, for making the person who loved him the most in the world cry. Daesung got off the lounger and went to the edge if the roof where he had been spending his morning. Tears were threatening to fall, and Kang Daesung hated it. He didn’t deserve to cry after he ruined them. He became selfish. He manipulated and maimed their relationship until it was nothing but a wretched version of what it used to be before. He didn’t trust Seunghyun enough, where he was the one who should’ve supported him before anyone else in the world. He made Seunghyun cry. That was the thing that will probably haunt him the most. The sight of Seunghyun’s countless tears, of which he was the cause. How did he become that person? Some one who hurt his Seunghyun? Someone who hurt the love of his life.

He let out a dry laugh. Love of his life? Seunghyun probably hated him now. He would never see him again. He was finally out of his life, where he deserved to be, and while it was the correct thing, it hurt like hell. The pain in his chest was too much to bear, and even if he decided to have a small birthday celebration all alone in Hawaii, it would not bring him away from the chaos and the turmoil his mind was in.

Still, he hoped Seunghyun would come. Somehow, he would just know that he was here and he needed him. Even after everything, Seunghyun would love him, because that’s what he’s been doing for all their lives. Accepting Daesung with all his faults and loving him just the same.

Daesung knew It is too much to ask though. Seunghyun wouldn’t come. He shouldn’t. not if he cared about himself and his pride. Not if he loved himself more than Daesung. And that is why Daesung wasn’t surprised when he felt familiar hands encircling his waist, and he let out a defeated smile because it wasn’t true. Seunghyun didn’t love himself more than Daesung. The person he loved the most in the world was Daesung, and even if Daesung hated this fact, he also loved it. He leaned back into the muscular chest, feeling complete, as if he was never gone. As if Daesung wasn’t missing him so damn much just seconds ago.

“Why did you come?” Daesung’s voice was thoughtful, almost silent.

Seunghyun sighed.

“Because…” Seunghyun paused for a while as if looking for words to say.

“I don’t know” He finally said. “because I missed you? Because even if I hated myself for making you cry, I was selfish enough to come crawling back to you? Because it was hard to breathe without you? Because no one would go wine tasting with me except you? because I was bored? I don’t know dae. All I know Is that I couldn’t stay away. Isn’t that a sign enough? I love you. Have loved you for a long while now.”

Seunghyun turned him around and placed a small, gentle kiss on Daesung’s lips. Like the way he has been doing for so long. Then he got down on one knee and produced a ring from his pocket. It was nothing special, just a simple platinum band, but Daesung love it. It was so them.

“Kang Daesung. We’ve been in love since forever. But we were stupid. We let it get tarnished. We let love get away from us. I hurt you. You hurt me. And we became people we didn’t recognize anymore. People who enjoyed winning the fight more than the fights itself. People who did not have time for each other. But even after everything, we keep coming back to each other. That’s because we belong together. And I believe it would be even stupider of us if we decide not to spend the remaining of our lives with each other. I know we will have our problems and we will fight, but I also know that we well love each other more than anyone else in the world. I promise to never walk out on you and solve our problems if you do the same. I love you baby, and I just want to be with you again. Please marry me Daesung and put us both out of the misery of being apart.”

By the time Seunghyun finished his emotional monologue, Daesung was a crying mess. But he manages to nod frantically in answer to Seunghyun’s question and Seunghyun slipped the ring on Daesung’s finger. He then got up to hug his fiancé fiercely, holding him close as he sobbed into his chest.

Daesung felt like he was in a dream, and he will make sure that he never lets go of it again.

Seunghyun leaned in closer and whispered in his ear

“Happy birthday my angel, I love you”

And Daesung knew that this was paradise.

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A/N-

Yayyy....It's Daesung's birthday today...I decided to celebrate it by posting a very short Todae oneshot, though I'm not sure how it turned out. I hope Dae is healthy and happy and having fun on his birthday.

he is literally the angel of my life...

**sigh** the life of a daesung fan **sigh**

Anyways, Happy Birthday Daesung!!

or in the words of our forever leader..

"Kang-kang-kang-kang Daesung Saengil!!!"