enjoy the silence

the lives inside the lines on your hands


  When he would drag his big hand through the younger’s hair, Bas felt as if an ocean was filling his heart. Waves crashed in his chest, like a storm of emotions, making it hard to breathe. He felt like a kitten being rubbed with love whenever God would ruffle his locks, his thick fingers toying with the black curls. When they sat together, alone in Bas’ hotel room, the world around them only sounded like heavy waves crashing against seaside cliffs. When Bas rested his head against God’s  chest, sitting between his long legs with his eyes slowly shutting, everything went slow. With the pink and orange hues of the sunset dripping through the sheer curtains and drowning the bedroom in colors reminiscent of springtime, Bas felt butterflies fill his chest.


  Laying together like that, they weren’t actors falling in love on set. They weren’t models posing before large cameras in strange outfits. They were alone, together. The loud bumping of their hearts and the noises of birds flying by was all that met their ears.


  God’s hand fell from Bas’ hair, instead smoothly running down the younger’s arm. His large hand clasped over Bas’, his fingers fitting in between each of Bas’. He flipped their hands, Bas’ palm facing the blank ceiling while God’s pressed against the smooth skin of the younger’s hand. His other hand came up as well, encasing Bas in his long arms. He ran his first finger over each of the wrinkled lines running across the younger’s palm. Bas watched the gentle movement, the soft touch of the elder’s fingerpad sending waves of shivers through his whole body.


  God didn’t need to speak for Bas to hear his words. They both wished and hoped for the same thing; more time together, for there to be more moments in each other’s arms.


  God kissed the top of Bas’ head, burying his nose in the shampoo-scented locks. He pulled the shorter boy closer to his chest, folding his hands around his front as his arms circled his waist.


  He couldn’t have imagined sitting like that with Bas when they had first met. He would never think he could hold the shorter boy’s hands, or kiss him all over, all away from the lens of the camera. He had been told that on-screen romances never turned into desirable off-screen ones, but God ignored all of those warnings. He didn’t pay attention to anyone other than Bas. His entire world was in his arms.