final.

intoxicated

he has hell raging on inside his head. god knows what made him decide to drink (hoseok) and why he drank so much (again, hoseok), but yoongi wakes up feeling the worst he's ever been in years, and considering his lifestyle, that was a pretty hard achievement to make.

yoongi : i ing hate you

hoseok : :D

and of course, hoseok proves just as annoying sober as when he's drunk. 

jungkook : hyung!

yoongi : ur hyung's not here anymore

yoongi : he's dead

jungkook : you got drunk again, huh?

yoongi : in hoseok

jungkook : you can complain about hoseok hyung some other time !! 

yoongi : rude

jungkook : come over right now

yoongi : what why

jungkook : jimin's here !!

yoongi : and i should care why ?

jungkook : just come !!

if it was anybody else asking, yoongi would've just went back to bed and proceed to ignore every one of his responsibilities for the next few hours, but it was jungkook, and no matter how much he would deny it, the soft spot he has for the younger boy is evident. so, with a long sigh and an aching head, yoongi grabs his car keys and heads out for the day.

when he gets to jungkook's apartment, the first thing that he notices is how loud it is. someone's laughter filters through even though jungkook's door is all the way at the end of the hallway and yoongi's barely even stepped out of the elevator. he regrets coming almost immediately, but is already here, so just shrugs and takes the next couple of steps to land him at jungkook's door.

he doesn't even have to get more than two knocks in before the door's being flung open and jungkook's pulling him inside.

and oh god, is the noise so much worse inside.

yoongi's head is already pounding but with the added sound of the loud chatter it starts to feel as if his brain is about to explode.

"can whoever is YELLING please shut up." yoongi says, eyes squeezed tight as his fingers rub at his temples.

the entire room falls silent after that, and he worries for a moment that he might've just ruined the nice atmosphere that was in the room, but then the loud, loud, laughter just starts back up again.

he cracks an eye open and sees jungkook on the couch, and a girl next to him. which isn't so strange in and of itself, but the way jungkook seemed relaxed and comfortable around her was something he hadn't seen before.

"i know you said he was grumpy but i didn't think it was this bad." the girl quips, and yoongi, hungover and very tired yoongi, does not appreciate it.

jungkook laughs, and it's such an unrestrained laugh, one that yoongi sees and hears very often, that he starts to wonder who exactly this girl was and how she managed to get jungkook to just be ... himself around her.

"where's jimin? didn't you say he was going to be here?"

the girl laughs again, and yoongi was starting to think that maybe she was just crazy. what was even funny about what he had just said?

"hyung, this is jimin."

oh.

"oh."

girl jimin grins, and even that is loud somehow. 

"it's nice to meet you, yoongi oppa."

it might just be yoongi's fried brain cells, but he's almost certain he can hear a stretch in the word oppa, like she's putting extra emphasis on the word. and he doesn't know why or what it was supposed to do, but he knows that something had worked. because now jungkook's loud friend is starting to look like jungkook's loud and hot friend. he hadn't even known that girls had the power to do that to him. jimin was certainly proving to be something else, he knows he's never met anyone else like her before.

"uh, yeah, you too, jimin."

the rest of the day progresses rather strangely. jungkook offers him headache tablets, which he takes gratefully, and then jimin proceeds to ignore him for the rest of the time he's there. yoongi starts to think it's a play, that she's doing some sort of hard to get thing, to make it seem like she isn't interested. but then he starts to think ... maybe she just ... isn't. maybe she wasn't really interested in the first place and what he thought he heard when she called him oppa was just in his head. it would only make sense, being hungover doesn't exactly make you sound of mind.

but just as yoongi starts to look away, jimin starts sending signals again. she'll get up to go get some water, and when she does, her hand just happens to brush past his leg, and when she smiles, her lips curl at the corners ever so slightly when their eyes meet. 

no, she wasn't playing games, she wasn't flirting with him, she was trying to make him go crazy.

"kook-ah," yoongi whispers, when jimin leaves to go to the bathroom, "what's the deal ... with jimin?"

jungkook looks confused for a second, but then ultimately sighs. yoongi doesn't take that as a good sign.

"you're seeing them, aren't you?"

"what?"

"her signals?"

all yoongi can do is nod.

jungkook sighs again. "you're just imagining them, hyung. everyone says this when they first jimin, and i don't get it! i know she's not doing it on purpose though, so just ignore it, okay?"

yoongi is only more confused, but agrees anyways. 

so all that, all the subtle shifts in tone and expression, that was just something she did naturally? normally? with other people? other men? somehow the idea doesn't sit well with him.

yoongi starts to think maybe he really has gone crazy, to all of a sudden be so possessive of a girl he's only just met, a girl who wasn't even actually interested in him.

he decides he needs to clear his head a bit, maybe go back to his apartment and wash off the smell of booze that's still clinging to him. 

as fate would have it though, he bumps into jimin on his way out.

"oh, you're leaving already, oppa?"

his knees go weak.

what the ?

yoongi's heard an endless amount of the term oppa being thrown at him, but the way jimin says it stirs a certain pit in his stomach. 

just who was this girl? 

and what exactly was she doing to him?

"uh, yeah. i'm just going to go home and take a shower."

at the mention of the shower, jimin's eyes very visibly darken. not in the way where the shade of her pupils change, but something in her expression shifts. she's suddenly biting down on her lower lip, and yoongi can't help but think that she's picturing him now, in the shower. and the thought of her thinking of him ... like that ... makes him even weaker. 

he swallows, slow, and watches as she does the same.

"well then, have a nice shower. i'll go and have some fun with jungkook."

before jimin can walk past him, yoongi reaches out to grab her hand and stop her from leaving. 

he's definitely gone mad now.

"oppa?"

she stares up at him, feigning innocence, like she doesn't know exactly why he's holding onto her.

"want to join me?"

it's been a while since he's been this bold, but the girl just seemed to bring it out of him.

"join you?"

she's still playing with him, blinking her eyes at him like she doesn't know what he wants.

"in the shower."

and then she smiles, but nothing like the smiles she had shown him before, this one was sultry ... and suggestive.

he knows it means yes.

 

-

 

jungkook : hyung!! where did you and jimin go???

yoongi : oh ... sorry we ended up hanging out alone .. together

jungkook : alone ... together?

yoongi : ....

jungkook : HYUNG GROSS

yoongi : it's a very natural process

yoongi : that you will experience yourself one day

jungkook : DON'T EVEN TRY TO GIVE ME 'THE TALK' I KNOW WHAT I NEED TO KNOW

jungkook : BUT YOU AND JIMIN??? SHE WAS MY FRIEND, HYUNG

jungkook : AND YOU JUST WENT AND STOLE HER FROM ME

yoongi doesn't end up catching the rest of jungkook's texts, opting instead to focus on the girl laying on the bed next to him, and the eyes she's making at him.

"you drive me crazy, you know?" 

she grins.

"i've been told i have that effect on people."


honestly i started this intending for it to be cute but ... it took a turn