Welcome to the World

RUN

"EUN. YAH EUN-NARI GET UP!" Mom screams for the twentieth time. Shaking me relentlessly" Either you get up or we're leaving you here."

"Really"? I shoot up from my blanket.I turn to her and pull her into a loving embrace. "Really? Thank you THANK YOU EOMEONI". I left a trail of wet and sloppy kisses across her face.

"Yah cut it out!" She pushed me away. I caught myself and looked into her eyes I could see her plotting how to ground me. "I still have to go don't I?"

"Yup"

"Omma" I shot back under my blanket. "Please. I don't wanna go. Why do I have to go to a party with all those stuck up people? All they do is talk about how rich they are and try to make poor people feel bad" I whined. Eomeoni pulled the blanket off my body. A gulf of cool spring air hit my skin. I quickly pulled the cover back on my body regretting not locking my door. "

"Eun-Nari, if you don't get up this instant I'm cutting off your allowance."

Seriously~

"Eomeoni" cooing sweetly "You do know I've had a job for the past four years now right". I guess she forgot she and Appa cut my allowance when I was fourteen since according to her I was taking them for granted.  Whatever that means. 

"Eomeoni just leave her here. You already know she's lazy" my older sister Park Eun-jin scoffed."I don't know why you try. I honestly I didn't either. I hated my parent's bosses they were a rich social family who lived in one of the biggest houses in Seoul and every year they threw a party for the people who worked for them and sadly enough my parents made me attend too. My older sister  loved going it was a way for her to flirt with their son. The kid barely spoke and when he did it was always a one-word answer. The last time I saw him his voice sounded like a windshield wiper. Puberty must have for him.

"Enough you're going to get dressed and you're gonna put on the dress I bought you. Come downstairs and be polite."

"But Eomeoni I barely know anyone and It's so boring".I whined.

"There'll be food".I peeked out to see my father standing in my doorway smiling."How much food"?

"All you can eat"

"How can you~" before Eomeoni could finish her sentence I threw my blanket off and ran into the bathroom and washed up.