Puppy Loving

Puppy Loving

Jimin inhaled fresh air through his nose, closing his eyes, the corner of his lips twitching up slightly as he basked in the sunlight.
"Namjoon, I'm taking Moni for a walk. Do you need anything?" Jimin asked his roommate as he hooked their small dog up to a red leash.
"Can you stop at the store and get a few bottles of water?" Namjoon asked, looking up from the pages of the tattered book that was held in his hands.
"Sure!" Jimin answered, jogging down the front steps of their house.
Namjoon waved from where he was sat on the porch swing and Jimin nodded back at him, walking down the sidewalk with a slight bounce in his step. He walked Moni around the block and before he was ready to go home again he made a quick stop at the convenience store closest to where he lived. Jimin twirled the leash in his hand, picking Moni up and tucking the pup under his arm as he walked inside. He went directly to the refridgerator to grab four bottles of water. He held the cooler door open with his knee as hepicked up the bottled water. Luckily there wasn't anyone in line when he was ready to check out. He waslked to the register where a slender boy who looked to be around his height was bent down packing boxes of bubble gum on the shelves in front of the cash area. He dropped the bottles of water on the counter accidentally startling the other which made Jimin laugh to himself. The other boy sighed and pushed off of his knee, spinning around to walk behind the counter when Moni caught his eye. At first glance Jimin though the boy was rather cold and intimidating but that all changed when he heard his small sweet voice directed at the dog he was holding. The man turned into complete mush, curling his fingers under Moni's chin, talking to him in a baby voice.
The cashier looked up at Jimin and cleared his throat loudly.
"Uhh, sorry." The cashier laughed nervously. "I love when people bring in their dogs. It makes my job better, I don't feel so bad being stuck here when the sun is out." He laughed again.
"Don't worry, it was cute. Moni loves the attention." Jimin smiled at the employee, focusing his eyes on the name tag pinned at the top of his apron.
The cashier passed Jimin his change and snuck one more quick scratch under Moni's chin. "Bye bye, Moni." He cooed.
"Have a good day, Yoongi." Jimin said before he turned to leave.
"How did you know my name?" Yoongi shouted after him.
"Your apron!" Jimin looked back long enough to wave at the boy, a smile on his face.
Yoongi blushed and stretched his apron out enough to look down at his name tag.

Yoongi was left flustered for nearly the entire day, thinking of the cute boy who he didn't know by name. When he went in the back room to get his jacket after closing his coworker Seokjin could tell something was on his mind. Seokjin cocked his head sideways and squinted at him slightly.
"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked.
"W-What?" Yoongi said looking up at him, blinking.
"Are you thinking about that guy in the low cut tank top with the white dog?" Seokjin asked, smiling maliciously.
Yoongi's eyes widened and his mouth hung open, no words coming out.
"How do I know you so well?" Seokjin nearly screamed.
"Shut up." Yoongi blushed violently, pushing passed him and pressing his number into the security key pad of the back room.
He managed to leave before Seokjin caught up to him. Yoongi stepped out of the front doors and shivered at how cold it had gotten after the sun went down. He opted to just leave his apron tied around him and get his jacket on as soon as possible, zipping it all the way and snuggling his chin into the collar.

Jimin found himself thinking about Yoongi while he was cooking dinner for Namjoon and himself, hair dripping onto his white tshirt from the shower he had just taken.
"Hey, Namjoon?" Jimin said quietly, half hoping the other wouldn't hear him.
"Yeah?" Namjoon answered, closing the book he was currently invested in. He got up from where he was seated in the living room and walked into the kitchen, his blue plaid pajamas scraping against the hardwood, Moni following close behind. "What's up?" He asked, sitting on the bar stool next to the island in the middle of the kitchen where Jimin was chopping carrots.
"Do you know that guy that works at the convenience store at the bottom of the street? He's my height, black hair, thin."
"Yoongi?" Namjoon asked. "He's Seokjin's friend." He answered, arms folded on the counter, resting his chin on his lower arms.
"Yeah, him." Jimin cleared his throat. "He's cute right?"
"Wait do you have a crush on Yoongi?" Namjoon asked, eyes wide.
Jimin ignored him and turned to the sink to rinse the carrots he finished cutting up, the tips of his ears dusted pink. Namjoon got up and followed behind him.
"You do!" Namjoon practically jumped. It had been so long since Jimin had ever talked about having a crush or even finding anyone attractive that wasn't famous. "Oh my god, let me tell Seokjin! We'll set up a date!"
"No!" Jimin spun around fast, his eyes wide and panicked. "Please don't tell Seokjin."
"Fine. Please talk to Yoongi though. He doesn't really get out much."
"Okay." Jimin nodded.

A pattern started, Jimin had found out Yoongi works mostly nights and he started going often. He would walk in and look around briefly, picking up silly cheap things for Yoongi to ring in. He would sometimes compliment Yoongi on his clothing or his hair or for his lazy work ethic if it was close to closing time. Yoongi began to look forward to seeing Jimin every night, it turned out to be the highlight of most of his days. Yoongi heard the bell at the enterance chime and he looked up to see Jimin smiling, eyes in crescents.
"What will it be tonight?" Yoongi teased.
"Just this." Jimin said, walking back from the cooler and placing a sports drink on the counter infront of Yoongi.
"Recipet?" Yoongi asked after ringing up the total.
"Do you have a pen?" Jimin asked after nodding and taking the reciept from Yoongi's hand, their fingers brushing lightly.
Yoongi pulled his hand back and nodded shyly, pulling a pen out of his apron pocket and handing it to Jimin. Jimin clicked the top of the pen and wrote on the back of his reciept, handing it to Yoongi with a nervous smile before walking away.
Yoongi flipped the reciept over to find Jimin's number with "Jimin~" written underneath cutely. He stuffed it into his apron when he heard Seokjin walk out to lock the door after Jimin had left.
"Closing time!" Seokjin yelled, pulling his apron off and stretching his arms up high.
"His name is Jimin." Yoongi said quietly, avoiding eye contact.
"I know." Seokjin yawned.
"How do you know?" Yoongi asked almost annoyed.
"He's my boyfriends roomie." Seokjin laughed.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Yoongi asked, obviously annoyed at this point.
"I don't know. It was cute to watch you struggling." Seokjin laughed.
Yoongi wadded up a plastic bag and threw it at Seokjin as he walked by.
"Ask him out!" Seokjin said, immediately protecting himself with his arms incase Yoongi decided to throw something else but he only responded by flipping him off.
Yoongi slipped on his coat and pulled out his phone, pressing in the number and typing 'hey, it's yoongi' before hitting send. He didn't even manage to put his phone back into his pocket before it pinged with an incoming text.
From Jimin:
Hi! :)
How was work?
Yoongi texted him back and they talked that night until nearly 2am. They talked about silly things mostly. Yoongi asked about Moni a few times and they eventually got to talking about Seokjin and Namjoon and what a 'gross couple they were'. After they had unwillingly said good night Yoongi snuck into the kitchen of his and Seokjin's apartment to pour himself a glass of water, he was greeted by Seokjin and Namjoon sitting on the couch in their living room, cuddled into one another with an empty bottle of wine on the floor.
"Yoongi!" Seokjin shouted, dragging out the last syllable. "Come sit with us!"
"Are you drunk?" Yoongi asked his roommate.
Seokjin managed to reach out and grip the hem of his sweater pulling him into the arm of the sofa.
"What?" Yoongi asked, trying to sound as cranky as possible so they would let him leave sooner. "I didn't know Namjoon was here."
"Joonie's spending the night." Seokjin cooed, pecking him on the cheek.
"How is my Jiminie?" Namjoon asked, slightly less intoxicated than his boyfriend.
Yoongi blushed and tried getting up from where he was seated but Seokjin refused to let go of his sleeve.
"You know, he hates sleeping in a house alone." Namjoon frowned. "But I really wanted to stay here tonight. You know, you could spend the night in my room?" Namjoon offered.
Yoongi mulled over the options in his head, listen to his roommate and his boyfriend most likely having drunk all night or sleep in Namjoon's bed across from Jimin's room.
"." Yoongi sighed. "Fine, what's your address?"
Namjoon wrote his address on a sheet of paper and handed it to Yoongi, Seokjin blew him a quick kiss from his seat on the couch before he left which made Yoongi roll his eyes.
About a half an hour after Yoongi left he found himself on Jimin's front porch. He cleared his throat and brushed his hair out of his face, knocking softly on the door three quick times. He could hear shuffling on the other side and Jimin shouting something like 'I thought you were spending the night.' Jimin twisted the handle of the door and opened it wide, thinking Namjoon was on the other side but instead he was greeted with a flustered Yoongi. Meanwhile Yoongi was caught up in Jimin's messy hair and pajamas.
"Hi." Jimin said confused, breaking Yoongi's trance.
"Um, Hi." Yoongi cleared his throat again, unable to speak. "Namjoon told me to sleep in his room. Him and Seokjin, my roommate and his boyfriend, are drunk."
"Oh.. Come in." Jimin opened the door wider and Moni peaked out from behind him.
Yoongi reverted to baby voice immediately and crouched down to the dog, cooing and petting the dog with a big smile stretched across his face. It made Jimin's heart swell when Yoongi looked up at him, smiling wide.
"I know it's late but do you want to watch a movie or something?" Jimin asked shyly.
"Sure." Yoongi answered, trying to wipe the smile off of his face as he followed Jimin upstairs.
"The TV is actually in my room, Namjoon studies and reads in the living room." Jimin told him, making sure it was okay. "You can sleep in there if you want, I'll sleep on the floor."
Yoongi nodded and followed Jimin all the way to his bedroom. The walls were a baby blue colour and his blankets were white and fluffy. Jimin took the biggest blanket off of his bed and folded it into a sleeping bag where he laid on the floor next to his bed.
"Pick a movie." Jimin said, holding out the remote control awkwardly.
Yoongi flipped through netflix and ended up picking something scary. Jimin gulped but didn't say anything because Yoongi was the guest but in reality, Jimn was absolutely terrified. He let Yoongi hit play anyway and curled up into the blankets on the floor, covering his eyes. Every time the movie got suspenseful Jimin would move a little closer to his mattress until his arms were gripping the sheets, his body moulded to the side of the bed.
"Jimin, are you okay?" Yoongi asked, pausing the movie.
"Can I sit up there?" Jimin said a little too fast.
"Yeah, I mean, it's your room." Yoongi laughed. "Do you want me to pick something else?"
"No." Jimin answered him, sliding under the blankets and sitting against the head board.
Yoongi hit play and fixed himself into a sitting position, his shoulder parallel to Jimin's. It was only a few minutes until the next jump scare which caused Jimin to hide his face under the blankets and accidentally hit Yoongi's shoulder with his own. Yoongi looked in Jimin's direction and scooted a little closer until their shoulders were touching. He could feel his face heating up but he did it anyway. Jimin lowered the blanket away from his face and slowly moved his arm from underneath the covers, taking Yoongi's hand in his.
"I'm sorry." Jimin said, holding Yoongi's hand tight. "I'm scared." Jimin admitted.
"Let's turn it off." Yoongi said reaching for the remote.
"No, I want to see how it ends." Jimin said, kickimg the blanket with his legs and bouncing the remote out of Yoongi's reach before settling his body against Yoongi's.
Yoongi tried to not pay attention to Jimin's warm hand in his but he could feel the tips of his ears burning red every time Jimin would get scared and squeeze tighter. He held Jimin's hand tight in his own. The further the movie progressed the more they slid down the bed, laying on their sides facing one another. When the movie ended Jimin apologized again and turned his back to Yoongi to sleep in the bed.
"Do you want me to sleep on the floor?" Yoongi asked.
"No." Jimin whispered, embarassed.
"Okay." Yoongi answered him. "Good night."
"Night." Jimin answered.
Yoongi turned his back to Jimin's and fell asleep quickly.

When Jimin woke up he was sweating. He opened his eyes slightly, squinting at the bright light. It had to be some time in the afternoon, they hadn't gone to sleep until almost six in the morning. Helifted his hands to wipe his eyes and his eyes shot open quick when he felt the arms wrapped around his waist. He was suddenly more aware of the room around him, Yoongi's face pressed into his shoulders and the warm puffs of air hitting the fabric on his back and the heavy arms wrapped around his waist. Jimin was siliently screaming to himself. He reached out to turn on his phone ands check the time. 1:47pm. Jimin turned over as slowly as he could and he settled against Yoongi's chest, Yoongi's arms readjusting around him as he slept. Jimin folded one arm under his own head as a pillow and slung the other around Yoongi's mid section. He laid there with his eyes open, enjoying the others warmth and comfort until Yoongi woke up at around two-thirty. Yoongi's arms squeezed around him gently and he looked up to see Yoongi's eyes opening gently at first but then springing open.
"Sorry. I'm sorry, I usually hold a pillow. I don't know how this happened." Yoongi panickedm letting go fast.
"No worries." Jimin yawned and held onto Yoongi's middle tighter.
Yoongi slowly settled his arms against Jimin again.
"Hey, Jimin?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you maybe want to go to the movies or something?" Yoongi said barely audible.
"Like a date?" Jimin asked.
"Yeah, like a date."
"I-, yeah. I would really like that Yoongi."
"And if it goes well.." Yoongi was looking at Jimin for the first time that morning, his puffy lips and messy light brown hair. "Would you consider going on even more dates, or maybe being my boyfriend.. I mean, if you're single."
"Yeah, I'd like that." Jimin smiled at the others shyness. He looked up at Yoongi and tried to make eye contact which took Yoongi a few minutes but once they locked eyes neither wanted to look away.
"You have pretty eyes." Jimin whispered.
"You have pretty lips." Yoongi said looking down and then immediately back up, not realizing that he had said it out loud.
Jimin laughed lightly and bit his bottom lip, trying to hide his smile and stop the pink blush that dusted his cheeks.
"I know." Jimin answered.
Yoongi smiled and cupped the side of Jimin's face, his thumb rubbing against Jimin's cheek.
"You're pretty." Yoongi whispered.
Jimin's blush deepened and he put his own hand on the back of Yoongi's hand before leaning in and pressing their lips together. The kiss ended almost as quick as it started but Yoongi dipped back down the press their mouths together again. Jimin kissed him back slowly, smiling into the kiss. Shortly after, Jimin broke the kiss and sat up, stretching his arms above his head. Jimin stood up and Yoongi followed. Jimin was about to open the door when Yoongi interrupted by clinging around Jimin's back. Jimin smiled to himself and opened the door, Yoongi's arms retracting to himself at lightening speed when they saw Namjoon on the other side of the door getting ready to knock. Namjoon looked at them in shock.
"I told you to talk to him, not sleep with him." Namjoon said teasing, running his hands through Jimin's hair.
"We didn't sleep with eachother.. Well, not how you mean anyway." Jimin rolled his eyes and looked back at Yoongi who was hiding his face in his hands. They walked passed a smiling Namjoon and put their shoes on.
"I just realized I have to walk home in pajamas." Yoongi laughed.
"I'm wearing pajamas too, I'll walk with you." Jimin smiled, intertwining their fingers and opening the front door.
Yoongi smiled back at him and they walked to his and Seokjin's apartment hand in hand, talking about where and when their first date would be. When they got to Yoongi's they said their goodbyes and Jimin was about to leave before Yoongi pulled on his hand.
"Jimin, can I kiss you one more time?" Yoongi asked, looking at the ground, glancing back up at Jimin in short bursts.
Jimin walked towards him again and wrapped his arms around Yoongi's waist, kissing him. Yoongi closed his eyes and kissed back. They said their goodbyes again and went their separate ways.

Yoongi ran up to his room quickly, dodging Seokjin's questions and deciding to skip out on the hangover jokes for the time being. He flopped onto his bed and kicked his feet around, screaming silently. Jimin was currently on the way to his room to do the exact same thing Yoongi was. A text pinging off of his phone only moments later.
From Jimin:
Movie at 8?
Yoongi smiled at his phone and typed out an agreement, biting his tongue.
To Jimin:
See u at 8 :)