One

Inevitable fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi rubs the junction of his eyebrows for a hundred times with a low sigh. Papers scattered lifelessly above the pine brown table in front of him, one paper in his hand mocking him of how he couldn't get any words down his brain after he been reading it in repetitive for the past hours. The puff of an almost broken air conditioning hardly felt against his skin, make him suffocated and smothered, even after the dark navy tie already hanging low from his sweat coated neck.


Yoongi leaning his back on his black swivel chair, black hair stick to his forehead. A crack of a tense muscles could feels spread till down of his spine along with a creaking sound of a wheelchair rub against the marble floor.


Yoongi closed his eyes, wishing it could soothe some pain in his head when he hears his phone ringing, Taehyung name could be seen, he swipes his answer button only to be greeted by close to tears Taehyung whining at the end of the line.


"Hyuuuunggg, Yoongi hyuuungg, hyungg help me hyung".


"Hey, calm down Tae, what is it? Is something happening?". Yoongi asks. Wondering what exactly happened to the younger, he used to hear Taehyung whining about something and anything, about the job Yoongi gave him, about how annoying their opponents is, or about how Yeontan never listen to him when he tell the dog to stop pooping in front of his bedroom's door, but this time he sounds so desperate and wretched, it kind of make Yoongi worries.


"Hyung, it's Yeontan hyung, he acts weird, he keeps shaking his head, keep moving in cycles like he losing his mind and- and- his eye's movement is strange, what- what if he'd been bite by a zombie or vampire or dracula when I leave him alone, hyuuunng" Taehyung raved in high pitched and garbled syllables.


"Slow down Tae, Jesus, he must just sick or something , I'll take Yeontan to Jin to check on him, I'll be there in fifteen okay? Just calm down till I got there, you hear me?"


"Yes hyung, please hurry". Taehyung whimpered in a small voice that mixed with something similar to hiccup. Yoongi might snorted and snap hard at him for his excessive words and act, but he supposes to save it for other circumstances, Taehyung might take some whimsical act that could harm himself or Yeontan if Yoongi not get in there fast.


When Yoongi arrived at Taehyung place, he greeted by a view of Taehyung curled up like a ball on the couch while hugging Yeontan in his arm. Whispering some incoherent words, to the brown small fluffy. A glint of guilt flash in Yoongi's eyes.


Taehyung was fall sick since 2 days ago, after their last case, both of them drawn in a stack of papers and intense scrutinise on the last two weeks, they never left their office and barely sleep, it's just a small law firm consists of him and Taehyung give them no abundance, they never have actually, always racing with time, especially when the trial time is near, it's always the steepest one, so he really has no choice than to force himself along with Taehyung to get all down override the weariness and ignored their drain body for the last trial.


It all paid off when they win it, but the aftermath is still excruciated, Taehyung get a high fever and Yoongi can even move an inch on his bed a day after. Yoongi have no choice but came back to the office for their new awaiting case. Give the younger one some proper rest time until he gets better.


"Why don't you call Jimin?" Yoongi asked moving closer to the couch where the younger laying down, carefully not to step on some of Yeontan's toys that scattered on the floor.


"Why?? You don't want to help Tanie? Hyung you're his Godfather how could you?" Taehyung turn his head to Yoongi, whining with exaggerated teary voice and close-to-tears fabled expression. Yoongi really want to rolls his eyes.


"I'm just saying that Jimin always willing to help us whenever we asked him to take care of Holly and Yeontan"


"He'd been busy since the last week, he said he need to help a friend moving or something". Taehyung mumbling turns his attention back to the brown fluff.


Yoongi takes Yeontan in his carrier out from the apartment after he deals with some dramatic scene from Taehyung when he bid them goodbye, as he should let go of his son for the 2 long years army, down on his knees crying like a five years old, with stupid graby hand directed too Yoongi.


Yoongi arrived at the pet shop after 45 minutes of driving. Yoongi park his car and walking inside the building that have a huge Pet's Paradise word in a pink colour hanging above the entrance door. The wall is also paint in soft pink colour, Yoongi might think it's a barbie's house like the one you always see in the children's movie if he never came here before. Yoongi still couldn't find a logical reason behind Jin favouritism over pink colour till now.


A sound of a bell could be heard when Yoongi getting inside the room, there's no one there, he can hear some barking sound from some corner in the back room, maybe Jin was inside. Yoongi put Yeontan's carrier in the front desk, and rings the bell in the table.


He expects Jin or Yugyeom will come out from the back room, but someone else coming out instead, someone that Yoongi never seen before. A boy with a dark brown hair that slightly taller than Yoongi. He dresses in a simple white T-shirt that a bit damped, bubble soap on his hands and his hairs.


He looked halted for a second when he sees Yoongi there, transfixed look in his eyes and let out a small 'oh' that's still could be heard by Yoongi. He reaches for a cloth in the nearest shelf and let out an awkward cough before he reaches to Yoongi.


"Hi there, sorry for making you wait, is there something that I can help you with?" The brown haired boy says in a honey voice, smile shyly at Yoongi direction.


"Ah, I just want to check Yeontan, he's kind of act weird today" Yoongi says, pointing at the Yeontan's carrier in front of him. The brown haired boy pulling Yeontan's carrier closer to him, opening it and takes Yeontan out.


"How weird?" He asks, patting the fluffy ball slowly, eyes glimmering. Yoongi explaining all Yeontan weird behaviour that Taehyung said to him prior. The brown haired nodding his head while listening to Yoongi briefness.


"I think it's an ear infection, but I need to take him to the back room and check him first to make sure"


"Wait, wait, you're a vet?" Yoongi says baffled. Yoongi didn't think that this boy was a vet before, he thought he's a new receptionist or Jin helper at best. He never thought he's a vet, Yoongi thought Jin is the only vet in here.


"Yeah, I am" The brunette says softly, pulling a smile, he doesn't look offended by Yoongi's words, not in the slightest. He takes Yeontan in his arm and heading to the back room, motioning Yoongi with his eyes to following him. Yoongi looks at him dumfounded but following him regardless.


They walk through the halfway and went inside the only normal room at Yoongi's opinion cause it's not paint in pink or beige or purple as how the rest of the room is, it's painted ini a plain white, with an examination table in the middle of the room. Two glass cupboard attached in the corner of the room, Yoongi know Jin used it to put all the medicines and other medical's stuff.


The brown haired put Yeontan in the examination table, take out some equipment to check the fluffy ball. Yoongi leaning on one side of the wall giving some room for the vet to get on his work.


Yoongi can't stop himself but steal a glance at the new face vet, there's something about the brown haired that intrigued him, Yoongi sure he never seen this boy in this pet shop before but he seems somehow vaguely familiar to Yoongi. He feels like he ever met him before, sometime, somewhere, he feels some bizarre closeness to him. Did he someone Yoongi acquainted before? His prior client? His flat mate? Taehyung friend? Constant passerby when he walked Holly in the park?


"you're a regular here?" A sudden voice startled Yoongi out from his reverie.


"Wha- what?"


"It just, it feels like it's not your first time came in here" the brunette shrugging, while examine one of Yeontan's ear, make the small fluff writhe his body. He didn't even spare a glance at Yoongi's direction.


"Yeah, kind of, Jin is my friend, I used to come here to check up my dog" Yoongi shrug nonchalantly. The brown haired turn to him, looking at Yoongi in the eyes with a stare that couldn't be easy to foretell. Yoongi stares back at him and it hit him again, a sense of familiarity of the brunette, a pathos feeling that sweep through him out of nowhere, and a maze of deja vu. They embroiled in staring battle until one with the doe eyes turns his head away with an awkward cough.


What the hell is wrong with him? Why he looked at me like that?


"It's an ear infection" The brown haired says after a couple minutes of their clownish staring contest.


"Ear infections?" Yoongi move away from the wall and walk towards the vet and Yeontan in the examination table. "What caused it?"


"I'm not sure about it yet cause there's a multiple cause and factors that can cause ear infections, it might came from yeast, bacteria, ear mites or allergies, I need to examine the ear discharge sample first" The vet trailed off.


"Is he gonna be okay?" Yoongi ask, patting Yeontan's head slowly, the brown fur look a lot of calmer than before.


"He'll be fine, I already cleaned his ear, you just need to give him a medication at home" The brown haired beamed,


"I'll give you some oral medicine, make sure he takes it" The vet says again while taking Yeontan in his arm and stepping out to the front room with Yoongi trailing behind him. Yoongi need to squint his eyes a little when the bright pink colour penetrate his eyes when they back to the front room, Yoongi swear if he ever have this pet shop ownership, he's going to shed all this disturbing colour and paint it all in black and make Jin cry on the whole month.


"You need to clean his ears frequently, be sure to dry it thoroughly after baths, to prevent future infection". The vet trailed off again, giving Yeontan back to Yoongi. Yoongi nods his head, taking the brown fluffy ball back to his him, Yeontan snuggle in Yoongi's body and buried his head on Yoongi's arm.


Yoongi put Yeontan back to his carrier and ready to leaving after he make the payment and give a simple thanks, but something keep deranged his mind, make him so restless.


"What's your name?" Yoongi asks when he turns back to the vet. The said one already looking at him with the same unpredictable stare, give Yoongi a slight shiver down his spine.


"Jungkook" The taller one mumbling in a soft voice that almost as loud as a whisper. "Jeon Jungkook"


Yoongi nod his head. "Thanks you again Jungkook-sshi, I'm Yoongi anyway Min Yoo-"


"I know" Jungkook suddenly burst out, a look of disgruntled flash on his face.


Yoongi halted. "What?"


"I said I know" The brown haired says with a bit higher tone, a frown on his face, a smile that embellish his face the whole time Yoongi there were dissolve. Yoongi not even have a change to talk back to him when Jungkook turning away and leaving Yoongi to the back room without a single word or glance. Wth?

 

 


//

 

 


Yoongi let out not so mainly shriek when he hears his office door open abruptly with a pretty loud bang. Some paper in his hand falls from his grasp, he must get too immersed in his work to let Taehyung's usual act startled him like that. Yoongi so ready to snipes at him


"The Tae, can you just not-" Yoongi growl, but couldn't even finish his sentences when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter