Simple As That

Simple As That

Kyungsoo invited Jongin over a while ago. They've been friends for roughly 6 years, so close they're family and even though Kyungsoo knew all along, he played along and didn't think much of it. Today was the day though, where all hell evidently breaks loose. 

Jongin was less happy than usual, he seemed quiet and somehow more distant. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the taller man once he stepped through the door, Jongin, brooding and lowered his head as he walked through. They sat on the couch in the small living room of Kyungsoo's apartment in silence. This was incredibly unusual as Jongin would usually be the one to start up a conversation. Kyungsoo would look at Jongin every so often and notice him looking away quickly.

"Jongin-ah is something up?" He turned slightly to completely face his abnormal best friend. Jongin shook his head and brung his sleeved arm up to wipe his face. "You're crying, tell me what's wrong. Please?" Kyungsoo placed a hand on Jongin's shoulder as reassurance and Jongin shook him off lightly. "N-No, I'm fine. I promise." He turned to him, smiling weakly. Kyungsoo crooked his head slightly to the left. He knows not to keep pestering him about something he says is okay, even if it's not. A few more minutes passed in eery silence accompanied by Jongin's sniffles.

"Hyung," Jongin said, breaking the silence. Kyungsoo looked at him and nodded. "I... I think I'm crazy. Or something, because you-you can't have feelings for someone who is practically your brother. I don't know what's wrong with me and I don't feel okay." Kyungsoo looked confused for a moment and stared into Jongin's eyes. "What are you saying, Jongin?" Suddenly Jongin stands up and shakes his head. "No. Forget I said anything." He walked quickly to the door but was stopped by a hand pulling him back. "Don't leave Jongin. I think we need to talk about this." 

"No! I already know what you're going to say."

"What is it then?" Jongin doesn't know exactly how to answer that at first. But his heart is aching and he is dead set on seeing the negative outcome of this. "Y-You're going to say that I'm gross and you don't want to have anything to do with me." Kyungsoo shakes his head. "I'm not. Listen, I don't care if you feel that way about me. You don't have to feel gross. Just tell me your true feelings and don't run away from them."

Jongin takes a deep breath and looks Kyungsoo in the eyes. "I-I guess I do like you. And, I'm sorry for trying to run away."

Kyungsoo lets out a small chuckle and lets go of Jongin's hand. "Jongin, I already knew you had feelings for me." Jongin turns towards him fully and Kyungsoo can see the rage in his eyes. Somehow, this news angers Jongin over his boiling point. Jongin grits his teeth and shakes his head. "If you knew this then why didn't you tell me over all these years? I've been thinking I was weird for having feelings for someone who is basically my older brother and you just stand here and laugh?" Kyungsoo shakes his head once he sees the tears coming back and tries to reach out again, only to be swatted away by an angry hand that starts backing away towards the door. "Jongin wait, I didn't mean it like that."

"J-Just leave me alone!" Jongin yells at Kyungsoo as he runs out the front door, leaving the older man in complete awe after what he has just witnessed. Perhaps he should've stopped him, perhaps he shouldn't have chuckled in relief. But once Jongin uttered the words, "I guess I do like you," Kyungsoo knew he had to say what he himself was thinking about the whole situation. He listened to the footsteps getting quieter and quieter before stopping in front of the elevator. He looked towards the door and looked into the empty, dimly lit hallway. He didn't know what exactly to do. Should he go after him? Should he stay here and wait for him to get himself right? He looks at his phone and decides to text him. "Seen." He says aloud after a while. He sighs and puts on his shoes and heads out to look for Jongin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's about 8 now and Kyungsoo's had to have called Jongin's number at least 30 times. He's went to his house about 5 times and still haven't seen him anywhere. He's tried going to his favorite places, the park, dance studio, PC cafe. No sign of him. Realizing he probably just went to another person's house, Kyungsoo starts to walk home, guilt tugging at his heartstrings. 

He feels a little buzz in his hand and looks down. It's from Jongin and Kyungsoo practically cries reading it. 

He makes his way towards the bridge and uses his phone light to navigate through the darkness. "Oh, Kyungsoo! You scared me."

"I'm sorry," Kyungsoo says as he sits next to Jongin and gives him an uncomfortable but loving hug. They stay like that before Kyungsoo realizes his environment. "Were you sitting under here for this long time Jongin-ah?" Jongin nods and looks away shyly, obviously aware of his actions and doesn't want to look Kyungsoo in his eyes. "Let's go home then. It's chilly, you might get sick." Jongin nods again and grabs Kyungsoo's hand as a balance to help himself up. "Why did you run away like that Jongin? I was worried sick about you." Kyungsoo says as soon as they've traveled a good enough distance. Jongin shrugs with his hands stuck in his jean pockets. "I dunno, I just didn't want you to see me like that." He looks up at the night sky and sighs deeply, inhaling the cold night air. Kyungsoo looks up at him. "We could've just talked about it then and there." Jongin looked down to Kyungsoo, frowning, and stopped walking. He looked like he was going to cry again. Kyungsoo stared at him for a few moments before grabbing ahold of him as he collapsed onto him, crying and saying little "I'm sorry's" into the older's shoulder. "H-Hyung... I'm sorry for doing this to you... It's just, I didn't think you'd take it like this, a-and I was scared." The younger was sobbing hysterically into Kyungsoo's shoulder, staining it with hot tears. "It's alright Jongin-ah," He rubbed his back softly to comfort him but to no avail. Jongin was a mess. "Let's get home and talk about it there okay?" Jongin stood up and wiped his face on his sleeve and hiccuped a bit before nodding and started walking again slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo doesn't think he's seen Jongin cry this much over anything. "It's alright Jongin." He says for the millionth time, and even though he is slightly annoyed by the number of tears this boy can produce and cannot stop producing, he still feels the need to comfort him through it. "K-Kyungsoo..."  Jongin manages to say through broken breaths and a runny nose. Kyungsoo hums affirmatively at the sound of his name and looks down at the younger in his lap. He pushes his brown bangs out of his face. Kyungsoo didn't have time to react or put his hand down from Jongin's face when Jongin reached up and kissed him. 

Kyungsoo could feel his wet face on his own as he froze for a couple of moments before pulling away. "I like you Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo nodded, still in shock at what just happened. "And I hope that doesn't mess up anything." Kyungsoo smiled, a gummy one then lifted Jongin's chin up and kissed him again. Jongin sat up and kissed him back, feeling himself become less stressed about the day's events. They pulled away and rested their foreheads against each other's breathing slightly. Jongin was on cloud 9 it seemed, as he didn't stop smiling throughout any of it. Kyungsoo accompanied him and they sat there looking at each other for a bit. "Jongin," Kyungsoo said, not breaking eye contact. "Would you maybe, want to be my boyfriend?" He averted his eyes for a bit and could feel the heat of Jongin's cheeks burning his. Jongin's mouth hung open as he blushed and looked everywhere but Kyungsoo's eyes. Kyungsoo chuckled and Jongin pulled away, avoiding eye contact still as he looked down and nodded. "See, how simple was that?" Kyungsoo said, which caused Jongin to playfully hit his shoulder, pulling him in for another kiss.