Hometown

HOMETOWN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday, a day wherein everyone is so lazy to do some work or even think about what to eat, but there is a weird girl who is getting lost again in the middle of the afternoon.

“Mina, I think I changed my dream.”

“Again? First you wanted to be a pilot, then a chef, a vet, a weather caster, and now what?”

“DJ.”

“Eh? Why?”

“My heart…”

She cant tell the reason for having a dream to be a dj. From dreaming to be a pilot to becoming a dj, there is only one reason: Spring.

She is Yoo Jeongyeon, a 22 year old girl living in a province since she was born. She didn’t choose to live there, the place chose her. But everyone can tell how much she loved living in her hometown.

Her parents are both working as managers at a big company in the city. No they didn’t abandoned Jeongyeon, its just that jeongyeon can’t stop crying back when she was still a 2-year-old baby when she first landed in the city without her grandmother. So her parents didn’t have a choice but to make jeongyeon live with her grandmother temporarily just until she needs to start going to school. But the temporary became permanent, and no one was sad about it, even her parents.

She is currently working at their small, local library as a bookkeeper. Wage is not that big, but the happiness that she gets every time she works there makes it inconsequential. Plus the allowance from her parents makes her and her grandmother’s life easier.  But she knows that being a bookkeeper is not enough- she needs to be a dj.

“…why not? I can be anything I want.”

“I shouldn’t have said it! I don’t want to confess right now. Am I being weird again?”

She is also infamous at her town for being a weird girl but a cutie at the same time. And that makes her being an outcast most of the time, but a Japanese tried to be friend with her by borrrowing some How To Speak Korean books everyday, and now she has a 3 japanese friends, which she thinks she regrets being friends with the other two.

“Well jeongie that is right, but don’t push it too much, im sure it will change again later.”

And that is Myoui Mina, a same-aged half-japanese, half-korean friend from Japan. Her parents separated 5 years ago, and she chose to live with her mother in her hometown. She was an upcoming professional ballerina back in japan, but it didn’t work because of what happened to her parents. The life was simpler here compared to her life back in Japan, but her mind is so at peace, until one day, her friends decided to come.   

“Mina is right, Jeongyeon, don’t push it too much. We’re in a café. Go get a room.”

“Sana don’t be a ert. We’re in a café. Go to church and pray.”

“I thought we’re twins momo! You should be on my side!”

Minatozaki Sana and Hirai Momo. Both on the 22nd year of their life. They are not twins, just Mina’s bestfriends from Japan. Sana, being an only child, insisted that they are twins, for she really wants to have her own sibling.They are currently staying at Mina’s place in the province for vacation. But the so-called-1-month-vacation became 3-years-and-counting-vacation. Having a lot of money is really a good thing, right?

“You guys are my bestfriends but can you two just go back to Japan?” 

“But we are on vacation! Right Sana?”

“ITS BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE YOU CAME HERE!! PLEASE GO HOME!”

"Jeongie don't shout."

“Im not shouting Mina.”

“Yes you are .”

“NO IM NOT SANA!”

Jeongyeon can't 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter