"A Warm Blanket"

Inertia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Warm Blanket

It was cold that day. The wind was blowing harder than usual, crashing into his body like a wave in the middle of a sea. His clothes were not enough to warm himself so he just hugged his knees close to his chest as he sat down on the cold ground in. He shivered but he remained on his place, not able to do anything about it. After all, looking around him, everyone else were like thatㅡtrembling like some stray animals, abandoned in a cold night.

A warm blanket would be more than enough to give him warmth but it was only six in the evening, two more hours before the workers would allow him to use a blanket and sleepㅡtwo more agonizing hours of enduring the cold.

Finally, fear started enveloping his body, making him feel like he was lower than any insect out there.

He realized he was shaking because of it. He was terrified because he was no longer treated as a human being. He wondered if he really was not a considered as a human beingㅡmaybe the illness took its toll on his head, maybe he was already ruined, maybe he would not be given a blanket because of it. In the end, he could only hug himself, dreaming and earnestly wishing that someone would spare him a warm blanket.

The story behind the story:

This story was created based on another client

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter