Getting Ready

Defying the Stars

"I swear Jonghyun, he's the one!" Key sat on my bed repeating his story to me once again. I grabbed a shirt from my closet and threw it to him, he put it in the 'denied' pile.

He  paused so I supplemented the next line, "And you can't be with him..."
"Because he's from the Choi's bloodline!" Key exclaimed. I sighed.
"Key, you do realize that he isn't a descendant of the Choi's- just related through marriage." I tossed him another shirt, another one denied.
"I realize that, but he's related to them enough through that marriage! Our families have been fighting for years Jonghyun!" I glared at him, "Hyung!" He got up off of my bed, "And you really have no fashion sense!"
I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to be wearing suits once I graduate from college- what does it matter now?" He began rifling through the clothes in my closet and my dresser. After a few minutes he came up with an outfit he was happy with.
"It matters because how are you supposed to find the one for you if they won't even look twice at you?" He threw the clothes onto my bed and pointed at them silently telling me that I was to wear those tonight.
I walked over and picked the clothes up, "Seriously, Key? I don't think father or mother will approve of this..."
He scoffed, "And why not?"
"Well, for starters- denim vest?"
"It compliments the jeans."
"The second point- the jeans."
"They play up the vest, and they look good on you."
"The white shirt?"
"A little 'bling' and you'll look amazing, fashionable, not too showy, and- hello! Are you doubting your brother's fashion sense?" He placed his hands on his hips and raised his eyebrows.
I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, "No, but I'm representing our father since I'm supposed to take over our chain once I graduate- I highly doubt this will be considered an appropriate outfit." I gestured to the outfit he had selected.
"Did you forget an important fact? This is a masquerade no one will know who you are! Which reminds me! You need a mask!" He ran out of my room before I could say anything.
 
~*~*~*~

"Minho, do I have to live by the Choi standards? I mean, I am older than you- but you are the heir! I honestly am only related to you through marriage. So, the whole Choi thing is just your bit to carry, right?" Onew asked as he followed behind me, tripping every once in a while.
I finally got together everything I needed and hung it up on the door to my closet- perfect. I turned to Onew, "Why hyung? What's wrong with being related to the Chois? Are we a bad thing in your eyes? Do you regret the fact that your mother married my father?"
"No! That's not it at all. It's just, I found this... person and I really like them. Yet, their family and the Choi family isn't on the best of terms and... if I was to claim minimum acknowledgment to the Choi family- they might give me a chance..."
I looked at him closely. He was avoiding saying specific words, but I knew Onew, "It's a he, and he's a Kim isn't he?" I watched as his face dropped and he paled a little.
"You would really choose a Kim over the Chois? Even if it's only through marriage, you are technically still related to us- hyung."
"I know, I know; but, Minho, I think what I feel for him isn't just liking I think I fell for him. I think this is what love feels like, I think... that even if you disapprove and your father disowns me, I'm going to ask him out." I watched as the determination showed and became set in his face. He turned to walk out of my room, "Oh, and you need a mask. It's called a masquerade for a reason."
He walked out leaving me alone, I turned back to the outfit hanging on my door. He was right, I forgot one thing- the mask.
I quickly sent a message to my friend Taemin asking him if he had one that I could borrow. Tonight was going to be an important night, I could sense it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
There's the first chapter~
It's short and simple and it give you a little glimps into the lives of the brothers from each family~
Thank you for reading/subscribing/commenting- whatever you choose to do~ ^-^
I sincerely hope you will stay with me as I make my way through this project, I have a feeling that it won't be too easy... ^^;;
Thanks again, and remember:
Stay awesome!
~BaiLingLing <3