The best gift

Happy Birthday!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was tapping her fingers in the study table as she scrolls through her Google searches using her other hand. She was searching about 'best gifts to give to your crush on her birthday'. She seriously spend two hours of her precious resting time just for this. She only have a few hours left before her beloved crush turns another year old. What should she give someone who's going to be an adult now? Should she ask her unnies and Tzuyu? Nah, that would ruin the surprise of her gift.

She let out a sigh but then a yelp when a hand touched her shoulder. She turned around and saw the soon-to-be birthday girl smiling at her. "Are you okay, Dahyun unnie? I've been calling you for like a hundred times. Is there something wrong?"

Dahyun immediately pressed the power button of her laptop to turn it off before answering. "Nothing's wrong, Chae. Just...a little tired from our fansign earlier, I guess?"

"I see. Well, you should go take a bath and have some rest. Tomorrow will be another hectic schedule." Chaeyoung said in a gentle tone with a fond smile. "Also, don't stick your face close to your laptop. Your eyes are already damaged, I can't have that to get worse. I came to tell you that" she added before leaving the room, probably heading back to the living room

Dahyun smiled because Chaeyoung cares about her eyes. Actually, Chaeyoung cares about everything about Dahyun. Like, for her, everything about Dahyun is cute and lovable which is weird cause Dahyun prefers to be called hot or y than cute. But since it's from Chaeyoung, then it's fine. With that, she opened her laptop and went back to searching for her gift.

Without luck, she gave up and called help from someone. "HwangB, help me!"

(Yo, what can I do for you?)

"What's the best gift to give to your crush on her birthday?"

(Geez, Dahyun. My birthday is still in June, no need to rush. Whatever you give me is fine, I don't really care.)

"Huh? What do you mean? I was asking because Chaeyoung's birthday is tomorrow, idiot. The hell are you talking about?" 

There was silence on the other line before SinB spoke again. (Son Chaeyoung, huh? Okay, then. She's turning adult this year, right? Why not give her something that would make her feel like a total adult? You know what I'm talking about. Right, Kim Dahyun?)

"If you're talking about alcohol, then no. Chaeyoung doesn't like alcohol. She tasted it once, she won't taste it again."

(No, I mean something intimate. Like--)

The call was cut off because Dahyun hang up. She was blushing too hard when SinB said intimate. She can't even control herself when she hugs Chaeyoung, what more can she do when she'll go to another level than that? No way. She'll melt on spot if that happens. And she can't allow that on Chaeyoung's birthday.

"Forget it. I'm just going to give her a strawberry cake."

With that, Dahyun turned off her laptop and went to her bed. She made sure that her alarm clock would ring at 11:55 because she wants to be the first person to greet Chaeyoung on her birthday. Yes, it's cliche. But Dahyun loves it when it comes to Chaeyoung. Even the clichest cliche isn't cliche when it's Chae. And she then fell asleep.

At the sound of her alarm, she stood up. She made sure that the alarm wouldn't wake the whole dorm, especially Tzuyu and ofcourse, the birthday girl in the upper bunk. When she climbed up in Chaeyoung's bed, she noticed that the younger girl was actually awake and was on her phone.

"Uhmm...Chae?" she called, making Chaeyoung shines her phone's light to Dahyun. "It's me, Dahyun. Geez, put that away." she said and swear to God, she saw Chaeyoung smiles and chuckled as she put her phone to the side.

"Hey, unnie. Why are you still awake?" Chaeyoung asked t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter