Final.

Birthday Cake

In the royal garden,there was a boy strolling down its tiled path.His fingers were playing the roses he just picked while humming a tune.The night was quiet since it was around midnight, which is why crown prince Jeno loves this place so much.It made him forget who he is.He loved the feeling of the soft breeze blowing his neat black hair and the fact that he could watch the nocturnal animals there doing their thing.

Suddenly,a noise was heard from the kitchen which was near the garden. The prince's eyes squinted as he made his way to the kitchen door.He leaned against the slightly ajar door and heard a faint munching sound. The prince, filled with thoughts of an intruder in the castle, quietly stepped inside the kitchen.

The kitchen was empty, except for the prince and the intruder.Stepping closer, the former could see that the intruder was actually a boy and relaxed a bit.But what caught prince Jeno's attention wasn't the fact that the boy could be around his age nor was it the fact the boy's outfit looked like a peasant's.It was what the boy was eating, the prince's birthday cake.

This infuriated the prince a little bit, "Ahem".

The boy turned to the sound,his eyes widened when he realised who it was.He quickly went on his knees,fearing for his life, "Your Highness! I-I didn't mean to eat the cake.I just got so hungry I couldn't take it.I'll make another one.Please, please,please forgive me", he cried.

The prince panicked.He quickly crouched down to the boy and carefully lift him up to stand,"No no d-don't cry.I wasn't gonna punish you.O-oh my god,it's my fault you're crying.I-I am so so sorry-"

This is prince Jeno's weakness.Tears.He couldn't stand watching anyone, especially his people,crying.He would try his hardest to get them not being sad.When anyone he sees had even one year of sadness,he would panicked and become a blabbering and stuttering mess.Not a trait a ruler should have but that's who Lee Jeno is.

By now, the boy had stopped crying,more surprised at how the prince is reacting.

"Um,It's okay?"

Jeno exhaled in relief when he saw the boy wasn't crying anymore. "Hey, what's your name?"

The boy was surprised at the question but answered anyway. "It's Na Jaemin,your highness",he bowed politely.

Jeno smiled. "Well then Jaemin, how about we start on making a new cake".

 

Despite Jeno having no experience on baking,Jaemin,who always watched bakers making pastries from the bakery window, learned a few things on baking.

The two got to work using a recipe book and Jaemin's knowledge on baking.All the while, they even playing around and making a mess intentionally,both forgot their status differences as the both of them clicked with each other too well.

By dawn,they managed to make something that looks less like a cake and more like a glob monster.But what do you except from first timers?

"Ok this is a fail.But it was fun huh, Jeno", Jaemin quickly realised his mistake and tried to fix it.

"I mean,your highness! And... happy birthday?",he said hoping the other isn't mad at his disrespect,although he wasn't at all mad.

The prince gave Jaemin his signature eye smile (Jaemin swears he's only blushing because of the heat.)

"Just call me Jeno from now on"