TALK

TALK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her petite frame collapses into the chair as though she were melting, moulding organically with the lounge chair, forgetting about the stringent notion of good posture as she slouches, eyes dipping heavily. She knows that she has a show to put on, to ignore the whispers and gossip that were littering the four walls and to remain numb. Dark orbs briefly scan the room, noticing that it was a little past midnight and while she was only moments away from crumbling into a world of blissful dreaming, all those who were around her were alert and vibrant, resonating of a bright energy as though they had enough to last themselves a full twenty four hours. 

 

She had separated from the girls sometime between taking a shot of vodka to calm her anxiety and rushing to the bathroom after seeing his face and from then, there was absolutely no trace of them around. 

 

Slender fingertips reach for the phone lazily from the coffee table in front of her, a soft cuss humming as she noticed her phone had died sometime between the morning when she charged it and the moment she was hoping to have her driver take her home. 

 

Unlike every one around her, Park Chaeyoung loved her sleep. 

 

“  You look tired,  ”  a coarse voice cares to her emotions, “  …  do you want me to take you home?  ”

 

Every inch of her body freezes, body turning completely stiff at the feeling of warm intoxicated words against coming from a figure who was leaning against the arm of the couch. She doesn’t look up to confirm her suspicions.

 

Despite the two years that had passed, she recites the voice vividly. 

 

How could she not when it was the voice she’d memorised for so long?

 

How could she not when it was the sound of her wishing her goodnight as she fell face first during their late night FaceTime sessions when the other girls were asleep. 

 

Park Chaeyoung.

 

Her line of sight falls to her thighs, suddenly feeling a little exposed as she watches the goosebumps spreading from her arms onto her legs. 

 

She wonders whether he notices. 

 

“  You’ve never been one to stay up late and I’m pretty sure the other girls aren’t here, I saw Jisoo leave earlier with Seokjin and I’m pretty sure Jennie and Lisa left a while ago and from the way you’re looking at your phone, I’m guessing your battery is dead anyway.  ”

 

She hates it.

 

He remembers every single detail. 

 

She hates that the most, because that is how Park Chanyeol traps you into his orbit, by recounting small things that perhaps, came easy for him to remember, to leave you feeling fuzzy and warm on the inside, to give you the false illusion that you were special. 

 

And then, he leaves. 

 

Despite her efforts, regardless of the way she’d intentionally mould herself to appease him, he’d come out feeling unsatisfied. 

 

She wasn’t enough.

 

Two years had passed and it was only then, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter