Her Wish

Her Wish

[Jessica POV]

 

I was sitting on an old oak bench, staring at the dark sky above when I felt arms sneaking around my waist, hugging me tight enough to completely feel her body against my back. I looked at my wrist watch, it says 9pm, and took a deep breath as I relax in her embrace, loving the feeling of having her with me.

 

We have known each other for 10 months and that made me smile knowing that we're still together up until now. I hope we'll last for a very long time, even if our relationship has no label. I am not really into labels and she's fine with it, I mean I really love her and I know she loves me back as much, that's what matters the most, right?

 

Damn... I just remember the first time we met each other.

 

I was in a private garden few blocks away from my house, roaming around, watching the beautifully grown flowers. To be honest, I just sneaked in since the one who's guarding this garden is busy sleeping. You should have a good purpose, or else you won't be permitted to enter the place. Well... it's fine to violate rules sometimes, gives you the thrill of getting caught.

 

"Why are you here?" A question that made all of the hair in my body stand up. ! Am I caught?

 

I looked at the direction of the voice and let out a sigh of relief, there is a girl few meters away from me. I think she has the same age as me since she doesn't look like an old woman, she's not the guard either. "You almost killed me." I softly laughed my nerves out.

 

"Do you want me to?" She has a serious face on, making me take a deep breath in as I felt so nervous.

 

! She starts walking her way to me slowly, her expression didn't change. I saw her push her hand inside her pocket and hold something there.

 

"Uh... hey." I called out but she kept on stepping forward. "I-I'm sorry, but who are you?" Tried asking, hoping she'll stop on her track and answer me. But she didn't. Does she have a knife in her pocket? If yes, then . "You know what? You look like a goddess. But if you will kill me, you'll be the ugliest girl I've ever seen." Tried kidding, but didn't work.

 

And before I knew it, she wiped a tear off my face with the handkerchief in her hand that she was holding inside her pocket earlier. I didn't know I was already crying until she did that, her face soften as she stare at me with those eyes I caught myself being drawn in.

 

"Why are you crying?" She asked, making me mentally roll my eyes at her.

 

"You scared the out of me!"

 

"I haven't made anyone cry, but not until now, you're the first one to do so." She said in a soft but audible voice. "My loved ones were usually the ones who made me cry, not the other way around." She avoided my gaze and faced the flowers in front of us when she said that, but I think I saw sadness and anger in her eyes as I was still staring at her.

 

I don't know, it's like I've known her well even if we met just now. Sounds typical, but I don't care. Maybe this girl got hurt by the people she's been with, and I think she doesn't deserve that. By the looks of it, she's a kind girl being magnetized by those who doesn't take relationships seriously.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Taeyeon."

 

"I'm Jessica." I smiled when she looked at me again. "Hmm... Taeyeon, maybe those people are just too dumb to see what's good in you. A person like you deserve to be loved and cared, well... eyery person like you does." I said whole-heartedly.

 

"What are you smiling at?" She whispered, pulling me out of my thoughts.

 

"Secret." I let out a soft chuckle. "Where have you been?" I asked as I remember she was not in the house when I woke up this morning. You know what? It makes me feel so worried and lonely every time she leaves without even telling anything, like where she's going or what is she going to do.

 

"Secret." She answered with that one word, which irritates me and she knows that, I can see her restrained smile even without looking at her.

 

I removed her arms around me and turned my body to face her. "Don't answer me with that." I said, glaring at her.

 

"But you answered me with that too." She laughed but immediately stopped, realizing I was dead serious about it. "Hm... I can't tell you, but I swear I'm not doing anything that will hurt both of us."

 

I raised a brow on that. "Why?"

 

Why can't she tell me?!

 

Negative thoughts start flooding my mind, but I chose to just push those things out of my mind. "Alright... Sorry." I sighed and put my head down. Damn... I shouldn't have questioned her, hurt is now evident in her eyes.

 

Suddenly, I felt her tucking my hair behind my ears before carressing my cheeks with her hands, making me shiver. "Happy birthday, anyway." She whispered and kissed my forehead, making me smile. She remembers my special day. "What's your wish?"

 

"I haven't thought about it yet." I said in all honesty. "But, I want to go somewhere, will you come with me?" I stood up and looked at her with pleading eyes.

 


 

[Taeyeon POV]

 

I don't know how long we are walking to only she knows where, but I started getting nervous as we are now stepping into the woods. I have no clue where this is, but I didn't complain one bit or even ask her.

 

"We're here." She smiled, sitting down on the broken branch of a tree. I looked around, but can't see much since it's really dark here, the moon above is the only source of light. "Sit with me." I did as told, keeping myself quiet while staring at her beautiful pale face, waiting for her to start a conversation. "I have a story to tell you." She said, looking at the moon with a smile still on her face. I just nod, a signal for her to go on.

 

"Someone named Cass once saw a girl named Nyton in grey sweat shirt and black shorts, hoodie covering her head, a bag slung on her shoulder, frantically walking her way somewhere. Cass was wondering why is Nyton in those clothes when it's scorching hot that time, but she just push that thought out of her mind and keep watching her. Nyton stopped in front of an abandoned house and looked around before getting her keys inside her pocket with shaky hands, quickly shutting the door close after getting inside." She sighed.

 

The story is familiar, I wonder where did I hear or read it from.

 

"Because of curiosity, Cass also went in even without the keys. Lucky enough she didn't get caught as she just walked through the closed door, following the other girl. Dim lights, a table and chair at one side, and Nyton was all she saw when she went in. Nyton was getting some things out of her bag — real sharp edged blade, pills and a liquor, and an exit bag."

 

Her brows are now furrowed and she was trying to blink those tears away. "Cass immediately discovered what's going on inside that girl's mind." Tears fell from her eyes as those words went out of .

 

I held her hand, brushing the back of her hand with my thumb. "She heard her having three plans in case one didn't succeed. She saw her in too much pain she can't handle anymore. She was mumbling something, telling herself she's tired of living her life like she's just a piece of , never important to her loved ones, never enough for anyone."

 

"Cass suddenly felt the need to save her, but she doesn't know how. She felt the need to protect her, but she can't. She already grabbed the pills and liquor." I let her lean against my shoulder, trying to calm her down as she was quivering while telling me a familiar story. "But, suddenly, Nyton put her hand down and looked up, crying and having second thoughts about her plans, and Cass heard her whisper the word 'family'."

 

Now I know why this story is familiar.

 

"Something was pulling her back, something was trying to stop her, and it was the thought of her family. She stood up so fast, leaving her things in the abandoned house before exiting. She followed Nyton as she ran until she stopped on her tracks — she stopped at the private garden, the private garden that her father owned, it was her safe haven." She pulled away from me and looked straight in front of her.

 

The reason the story's familiar is not because I've heard or read it before.

 

"Cass passed through the walls, in hopes of arriving inside earlier than the other girl and she did. She pretended to be just roaming around and looking at the flowers. Do you know what surprised her? It's not because Nyton caught her sneaking in, it's because Nyton can see her. Her that only people like Nyton can sense, her that only Nyton's mind's eye can see."

 

But because it's my own story.

 

"Cass was you... and Nyton was me..." I mumbled. "W-What are you?" I was trying to process everything in, it was like a bullet train just hit me with the truth that I just loved someone who doesn't exist.

 

But instead of answering me, she asked me back. "You love me, right?" I just mumbled a soft yes. "Though, I know what will be your answer, I'll still ask you." She suddenly stood up, my heart hammering against my chest so hard. "Will you come to the other side of the world with me?" I looked down at my lap.

 

Other side of the world… like europe? We're in asia, so I guess it's europe??

 

"Taeyeon?" I was taken aback when bloody hands came into my view. "Will you?" She asked once again. My eyes are just glued at the deep cuts in her wrist, her blood stained hand reaching out for me. I grabbed her cold hand, making her smile a sad smile. I know what's in her mind, but it's not what she think it is.

 

"I won't come with you." I finally spoke after few seconds of silence, looking at her dull face. Her swollen eyes, deep eye bags, cute nose, pale lips. What she really looked like was shown before me and she's still beautiful.

 

"I already expected that." She huffed, smiling bitterly.

 

"I still have something to tell you, though." I said, not letting go of her hand yet. "Thank you so much, you helped me a lot to make myself better. You made me believe again that I can love someone who can love me back as much the time I felt down and hopeless — you saved me, you've shown me that I still have many things to live for, you made me see that life isn't always full of negative things. How funny someone dead made me feel alive."

 

"Now I know what my wish is for my special day." She immediately said, grinning after my speech. "I wish that you'll continue your medication and therapy, I wish you'll find somebody who will love and care for you, I wish you won't forget everything I've shown to you. This is, after all, for yourself."

 

"Is that it?

 

"Yeah… will you grant those wishes for me?"

 

"I will."

 


 

ty ending? Yeah, I know.