Spring Day

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I hope you wouldn’t feel confused with this story. I make the plot as a reverse chronology, in which the readers are given a glimpse of an event either in the future (flash-forward) or in the past (flashback).

I used BTS 'spring day' as the lyrics... :)

​​​

 


 

It was a bright spring day, and the sun was shining brightly. A six years old girl were playing with the swing and squealed in delight when a blonde woman pushed her higher. They laughed together in happiness. A moment later the little girl felt tired so she laid flatly on her back staring at the blue sky. She was so deep in her thought and then she sat up and back hugging a certain woman. Her tiny hands were wrapped around the woman's neck whom smiled brightly. They continued to look at the beautiful view around them.

"Jessi"

"Hmm?" The blonde woman answered.

"I have a friend at my school" the little girl said, Jessica smiled still not looking at the little girl.

"A very good friend like a... Girlfriend?" The little girl said unsure. Jessica chuckled and took the little girl to sit at her lap.

"It's complicated" the little girl frowned and lowering her head, Jessica laughed softly and pinched her chubby cheeks playfully.

"It's simple. Love" Jessica said smiling, the little girl turned her body and looked at Jessica curiously.

"Love?? Are you sure that's love?" The little girl asked confusedly. Jessica let out a small laugh while ruffling the little girl's hair.

"You must be too young to know about that kind of love, but love will stay around us with different colours" Jessica said calmly.

"I don't understand Jessi" the little girl said. Jessica laughed this time a little loud.

"Love is confusing, little princess. Always~ confusing but beautiful in that way" Jessica said and looked at the beautiful sky once again. She reminiscent her times with a beautiful eyesmiling woman.

Flashback.

 

*I miss you
When I say that
I miss you more
Even though I’m looking at your photo
I still miss you
Time is so cruel
I hate how things go between us
Now seeing each other for once is
So hard between us

 

It was weekend which means no works for both of them. Jessica and Tiffany were a best friend since they were in the high school. Tiffany worked in her father's company and Jessica just an ordinary woman whom worked as a local singer at a certain cafe in the city. They might have a different family background and different level but Tiffany and her family loved Jessica the way she was. Tiffany and her family had asked Jessica to join their company but Jessica rejected it, because she didn't want to take an advantage of their friendship. Although Tiffany was busy but she still found her time to spend with Jessica.

 

~~

 

"I also have the same story, and just like you it was complicated" Jessica said.

"Complicated?" The little girl asked, Jessica nodded.

 

~~

*It’s all winter here
Even in August, it’s all winter here
Time is gone by mind
Like a snowpiercer, I was left alone
I wanna hold your hand
And go to the other side of the earth
Wanna put an end this winter
How much do I have to long for you like snow piles up on the ground
Until the spring days come?
Friend

 

Those two best friend were enjoying their weekend together at the park.

"Jessi i'm tired let me sleep on your lap" Tiffany said, she put her head on Jessica's lap and fell asleep immediately.

Jessica didn't know what it was that Tiffany has but every time she was with the girl she wished that time would stop, her skin would tingle at every touch, on every glance she'd wish that it meant something more. And as Tiffany laid there in her lap, it was like her hands had a mind of its own and traced smalls circles along Tiffany's hand. As her other hand softly brushes Tiffany's eyebrows, softly brushing her brown hair. And as she silently watched Tiffany slept peacefully all she could think of was

'I think i'm falling for you a thought that scares you, but then again thought of not loving you scared me even more' Jessica thought in her mind.

 

*Like a tiny dust that floats in the air
Like a tiny dust
If the flying snow is me
I could've reached you
A little faster

 

Tiffany was insisted to drive her pink scooty and took Jessica home. Jessica was sitting behind her as usual in her non-serious mood, Tiffany was asking Jessica to hold her from the back. They talked and laughed while teasing each other. Until they were stopped in front of Jessica's house.

"Tiffany wait!!" Jessica said

"Huh?"

"For you" Jessica gave Tiffany a rose.

"White rose? Again?? Jessi you know i love pink!" Tiffany puffed her cheeks.

"But i love white, it's pure just like me" Jessica stated jokingly, Tiffany pushed her playfully. Tiffany bid her good bye and Jessica staring at her till she couldn't see Tiffany's figure anymore.

 

*Snowflakes are falling
And you are getting farther away
I miss you (I miss you)
I miss you (I miss you)
 

It was raining that night, and Tiffany's father were scolding Tiffany with Jessica whom stood beside Tiffany. They were at the porch. Her father got mad at Tiffany for coming home late at night. Tiffany was attended her friend's birthday party, she was having fun till she forgot the time.

"Did i say it clearly to you that you should get home at 11 pm, Tiffany? I even let you go home till 11pm but this? Almost 12 pm? Really?" Mr Hwang scolded her, Tiffany just hang her head low. Mr Hwang was overprotective towards her daughter, she didn't let Tiffany to live on her own apartment and didn't trust anyone whom went with her except Jessica.

"Thanks heaven Jessica knew where you've been or else you must be forgotten your own house" Mr Hwang said angrily.

"But daddy-"

"You see Jessica, she deserves a punishment right?" Mr Hwang asked Jessica.

"Yeah, uncle she need to learn her lesson" Tiffany's eyes got widen when Jessica took her father's side. She looked at her best friend with an unbelievable look. Jessica looked away and walked till she was behind Mr Hwang and copied his gestured and mimicking his action when he scolded Tiffany, Tiffany couldn't help but tried hard to resist herself smile seeing Jessica's act. Jessica even made a silly dance behind Mr Hwang just to make Tiffany laughed.

"Do you understand, Tiffany?" Mr Hwang asked.

"Don't you agree with me, Sica?" Mr Hwang turned to see Jessica whom stopped her silly antics and nodded her head vigorously.

 

*How much more do I have to wait?
How many more days do I have to stay up all nights?
Until I can see you? (until I can see you?)
Until I can meet you? (until I can meet you?)

 

Since it was raining and Jessica didn't bring her umbrella, Mr Hwang asked Tiffany to accompany Jessica's home. It's not too far away from their house anyway.

When Jessica wanted to stand beside Tiffany and sharing the umbrella, Tiffany kicked her shin quite hard which made Jessica yelped.

"Arrggh what was that Tiff?" Jessica touched her knee.

"That's for taking my father's side. Now i got punishment and no pink scooty for two weeks, Jessi... Two weeks!!" Tiffany said dramatically. Jessica lower her head, she didn't care about the rain anymore.

"Sorry" Jessica said. Tiffany took Jessica to her side, they stood too close for Jessica liking. Tiffany locked Jessica into her arms and walked side by side.

"You are lucky that you are my best friend and i love you" Tiffany murmured while walking to Jessica's house. Jessica just looked at her with her heart beating faster. Jessica knew she has been in love with her best friend for 5 years now, yet she still couldn't make any move. She thought Tiffany would hate her.

They continued to walk with Jessica whom still looked at the blubbering mushroom beside her, she wanted to wrap her hand around Tiffany and brought her closer to her but she couldn't. It would be weird. Jessica looked behind them, there was a car that was drove to their direction. Jessica moved Tiffany to the other side and when the car was passing them with a high speed, the car spattered Jessica with a mud. Tiffany looked at her and laughed loudly seeing Jessica's muddy face.

“HAhahhahahahha OMG Jessiiiii!!” Tiffany laughed

“What??” Jessica looked at her blankly then smile when she saw Tiffany beautiful eyesmiles. Tiffany then took off her umbrella and enjoyed the rain that were splashing on her body while smiling. Jessica's world was stopped the moment she saw Tiffany like that. She was so stunning and look so shining like a jewel. Jessica couldn't help herself but smile brightly.

*Until this cold winter ends
And the spring comes again
And until the flowers bloom again
Please stay there a little longer
Please stay there

 

~~

“Then she met another man and introduce him to me. She looks happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter