If only i had ...

WHY?

 

When I got home and Victoria served dinner I took her hand and told her, ‘I have something to tell you'. Victoria just sat there quietly and ate in silence.
Again I saw the pain in her eyes.

Suddenly I could no longer open my mouth. But I had to inform her of what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She did not seem upset by my words, she simply asked me why?
I fled the question. Victoria was so angry. She threw the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man!
That night we did not speak. Victoria was crying. I knew she wanted to know what had happened to our marriage. But I could not give a satisfactory explanation; she had lost my heart to Yoona. I no longer loved her. I only felt pity for her!

With a huge guilt, I told her of my arrangements for the divorce that I bequeath the house, the car and I put into play 30% of my business. She casted me a glare, and destroyed into pieces.


The woman, who had spent 10 years of her life with me, had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her time wasted, on resource and energy, but I could not take back what I had just told her because I loved Yoona dearly.
Suddenly she began to cry, very loud in front of me, just what I expected. Basically, Victoria's tears were for me a relief.


The idea of ​​divorce which obsessed me for several weeks seemed now more firm and clear.

The next day I came home very late and found Victoria sitting at the table writing. I did not care enough and I went directly to bed and fell asleep soon as I was tired of my hectic day with Yoona.
When I woke up, she was still sitting at the table writing. I did not care, so I turned aside and went back to sleep again.
In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she did not want me or anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce.
Her request was that during this month, we both struggle to live a life as normal as possible. Her reason was simple: our son Mason had to take an exam at the end of that month and would in no way disturb him with a broken marriage.

It was perfect for me. But she added something else, she asked me to remind her of how I had carried her, in our bridal chamber on the day of our wedding.
Her second request was that during this month, I had to carry her from our room to the door every morning. I thought she was going mad. To make her last days bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Yoona the strange conditions of divorce. She began to laugh and also believed that it was absurd.
Yoona told me that no matter what tricks Victoria would do, she had to cope with divorce.
Victoria and I no longer had any physical contact since I made the decision to divorce.

So when I had to leave the room the first day we were both awkward. Mason clapped behind us, 'daddy has mother in his arms'. These words brought me pain. From the bedroom to the living room, next to the door, I walked about 10 meters with her in my arms.

She closed her eyes and asked me softly not to speak of divorce to Mason. I nodded; I felt a strange feeling rather than an upsetting one. I put her down, on the ground outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.


On the second day, both acts were easier. Victoria leaned on my stomach. I could smell the fragrance of her shirt. I realized that I had not looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was no longer young.
There were wrinkles on her face, her hair turning gray! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I was doing.

The fourth day, I felt a return of intimacy. This is the woman who gave me 10 years of her life.

The fifth and sixth days, I realized that the intimacy was growing again. I did not mention this to Yoona. It was easier to carry her as the month progressed.
Perhaps carrying her, every day made me stronger.

One morning she was trying to choose what to wear, she tried a few dresses but could not find something suitable. She murmured that all her dresses had become too large.
Suddenly I realized she had lost weight, and that's why I could carry her more easily.
It struck me ... she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached and touched her head.

Mason arrived at that time and said, "Dad it's time to carry mum out." For him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. Victoria gestured to Mason to come closer and hugged him hard.
I turned my head because I was afraid at that moment to change my mind. I then picked her up in my arms, walking from the bedroom to living room and entry. She put her arms around my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tight as if it was our wedding day. But her thinness makes me sad.

On the last day, when I took her in my arms, I could hardly move a step. Mason had gone to school.
I held her tightly and said, "I had not noticed that our life was lacking privacy and intimacy."

I drove to the office ... I quickly jumped out of the vehicle, without barring the doors. I was afraid one time can make me change my mind ... I climbed the stairs. Yoona opened the door and I said, "Sorry Yoona, I no longer want a divorce now."

Yoona looked at me stunned and touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? I removed her hand from my forehead. 'Sorry Yoona, but I do not want a divorce'. My marriage life probably became like this, because neither Victoria nor I had assessed the details of our lives, not because our love was dead. Now I realized that since the day I carried her in our home on our wedding day, it was my duty to support her until death do us part.


Yoona seemed to suddenly wake up. She slapped me violently and slammed the door and then burst into tears. I went down the stairs and I left.

On the road, I stopped at a florist; I ordered a bouquet of flowers for Victoria. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote "I will carry you out every morning until death do us part."

That afternoon I arrived home, flowers in hand, smiling, I climbed the stairs racing, only to find Victoria in bed - dead.

Victoria was fighting against cancer for months, but I was so preoccupied with Yoona I didn’t notice.
She knew she was dying and she wanted save me, of the negative reactions of Mason, in case we divorced. - At least in the eyes of my son - I am a loving husband ..., I wished I had paid more attention to her.

The smallest details of your life are what really matters in a relationship; it is not the home, auto, property, money in the bank. This creates a favorable environment for joy but does not give joy to you.

So find time to be friends with your wife and do the little things for each other, which creates intimacy.