Chapter 1

A Little More Than He Could Chew

  Baekhyun was never used to the spotlight. At his old school he had a couple close friends, and others he could strike up a conversation with if he was bored. But aside from the few classmates that acknowledged his existence, he was never in the limelight.
  Things were different now. When he first entered his new school, he expected some time alone before he finally worked up the courage to initiate friendship with someone he thought would fit well with him. He was never one to be rash, always observing and assessing before jumping into action. He sat down in his new homeroom glancing at the few scattered groups of students chattering away, vaguely listening in on each groups topic of conversation. 
   A duo sitting at the back of the classroom were discussing a new video game in a lively manner, a large group of girls were consoling their friend through a break up that supposedly happened this morning, and there were a few students speaking loudly across the room to each other about the quiz the teacher had scheduled for the day. 
   Baekhyun wasn’t thoroughly interested in video games, and he could care less about dating or school, but he was hoping to find a good friend in his new environment. 
   His pondering was interrupted soon after when a boy approached his desk with a charming smile on his face. His frame was small and lithe, but the tang top that hung off his shoulders quickly dispelled any inkling of frailty. His arms were crossed flexing his toned biceps, and the way the shirt clung to his body left no room to question the well sculpted abs underneath, making Baekhyun subconsciously tug at his own loose clothing. He ran his hand through his before he cleared his throat.
   “How the hell are you wearing a sweater, it’s summer man,” his tone was good natured, and slightly teasing. The question threw Baekhyun off guard.
   “O-oh I...well I didn’t know the dress co-”
   “Ahhhh so you’re the new kid,” he interrupted sliding into chair next to him, “dress code is non-existent. Well not non-existent but non-enforced. As long as you have a shirt on the teachers don’t give a damn.” His smile was never fleeting and seemed extremely genuine. He was very lively and talkative and it caught Baekhyun off guard, as he continued an in depth story of a girl who wore nothing but a bralette the whole day and didn’t get a single comment.
   Baekhyun merely nodded along to his story, as shy smile etched onto his soft features. He enjoyed the way the boy talked and listening was always his strong point. When the boy finally finished his story and turned his attention back to the newbie he held out his hand.
   “Minseok.” Baekhyun couldn’t help the giggle that escaped his lips at the formality of a handshake. He gently slipped his hand into Minseok’s.
   “I’m Baekhyun,”
   “God, you are adorable.” A soft gasp left Minseok’s lips, “I hope you don’t mind me following you around today. Making sure you make it to your classes and no s try to creep on you,”
   Baekhyun giggled again at the boy’s strange words, “Th-thank you so much. It’s very appreciated.”
    And that’s how it started. His third month at his new school and he has a reputation as the innocent angel in need of protection. Minseok spread the word quickly of what a darling he was after the first week of getting to know him, and after that, almost everyone wanted a taste. There were some who assumed he was a , getting people off in the bathroom for money, others were just skeptical that anyone could be a perfect little angel. Most though, just wanted to be close with him: be his friend, get to know him, get in his pants.
    Though his frame was continuously covered by oversized sweaters--despite the heat of passing summer, everyone assumed him to be a god. Although he was short and his body a mystery, his face was angelic. Rosy, plump cheeks, accentuated by his blinding smile and droopy eyes. Some were convinced the pout that often graced his lips was a sign he gave the best s. Others were convinced that the shine behind his eyes certainly meant he’d be a passionate . Everyone made their own assumptions.
    Minseok didn’t help. He quickly grew to be Baekhyun’s best friend, and the smaller boy went to him for everything. Minseok was a talkative guy and his favorite topic was his little angel. A negative word never left Minseok’s mouth if it was about his angel, and this caused more gossip each time a new detail happened to be spread.
    Baekhyun was the talk of the town. Not all the time of course, but the popularity was startling and new for the boy, so he clung tightly to Minseok and hoped his image didn’t change.


~


    Chanyeol was no stranger to the spotlight. He’d gone to the same tiny highschool his whole life, and everybody knew his name and wanted his number. He’s a dreamboat. His tall stature, highlighted by toned muscles and a skinny build, was the first thing people noticed about him. Next there was the pointy ears sticking off his head that no one could miss. He was remarkably handsome with his wide piercing gaze and chiseled jawline. His plump lips considered a sacred treasure; those who had a taste wanted more, while others would jump at the chance for their first.
    He was accustomed to the gossip his bored peers would create surrounding him. He thrived off it, if he’s honest. He loved sparking drama. Whether it was hooking up with an obviously taken target, or having one night stands with s, he loved to stir up the pot. No one could deny the beauty the guy held, but some didn’t ignore how much of a prick he could be.
    His next victim was Byun Baekhyun. The tiny school’s buzz over the new angelic student had died down, and it was time for Chanyeol to ruin the boy’s perfect reputation. 
    He lean against the locker lightly jabbing his companion with his elbow, “Do you think angel boy is a ?” a deep chuckle sounded from the brunette next to him.
    “I think you’ve had your fair share of s don’t you?” his deep eyes bore into Chanyeol’s judgement clear in his tone.
    “So you do.” Chanyeol pressed his point.
    “I think he’s a nice person and not one of your play things.” he crossed his tan arms over his chest. His gaze hadn’t lightened one bit, but Chanyeol forged on.
    “What are you the one who took his ity,” a sudden gasp left his lips, “don’t tell me. You tried to get in his pants and he rejected you cause he’s protecting his precious V card.
    “Or I’m friends with the guy and don’t want you to hurt him.” 
    Chanyeol’s eyes widened at his friends confession, his mouth slightly ajar in shock, “how did you manage to become friends with Minseok’s little angel. I thought he was like his ing bodyguard or some .”
    “Well we aren’t all ual predators here, Chanyeol. Minseok and I happen to be friends as well” Chanyeol’s mind blocked out the second part of his friend’s words and that’s how the idea sparked.
    “Jongin you’re a ing genius,” a devious smile bled onto his lips as he lifted his backpack from the cheap linoleum flooring.
Jongin’s stoic facial expression didn’t waver, “No, Chanyeol, I’m not a genius and whatever sick plan you’re brewing in your head needs to come to an end. Now.”
Chanyeol doubled over, as an obnoxious laugh forced its way off his lips. His hand clutched his stomach pretending to heave from the overexertion of his friend’s “joke”. Chanyeol was never one to listen. To anyone. Especially not his over emotional best friend who looked like a supermodel, but acted like a spoiled child. He knew he pissed his best friend off. Chanyeol was convinced it was his life’s purpose, but this time something was off. 
Normally Chanyeol’s fit of laughter would have been shared between them, as Jongin lost his cold facade and joined his friend in his “harmless” pranks. Although, Jongin was never one to get involved with darker parts of Chanyeol’s plans. Today his face remained with no trace of a smile. His eyebrows had actually furrowed and the edges of his lips turned down.
“...what’s wrong?” he asked after a tense second of analyzing his friends expression.
“You know what? Nevermind. I’ll see you at lunch.” He turned and stalked off. Chanyeol was too distracted to let his friend’s strange behavior get to him, however. Once he had a plan in mind, no one would stop him, not even the only person he’d trust his life with. He yelled a quick farewell to his friend, then he sped off in the direction of his next class. None other than Byun Baekhyun on his mind.
    He entered the classroom several minutes before the bell was due to ring. The sun was high in the sky, invading the room with a little too much warmth for Chanyeol’s liking. When he spotted his target a quiet smile formed on his handsome features. The boy he was looking for was sat at his desk staring out the window his chin resting in his palm. His fingers lightly tapped on his plush cheeks as a soft melody emitted from his lips. The way the sun glinted off his smooth skin made him actually appear angelic.
    He knew the boy was always early to this class. He had caught him entering the hellhole a couple times, never sparing a glance at the way he’d always sit and enjoy the scenery, while humming a tune, and fiddling with the seams of whatever sweater he deemed worthy for that day.
    Chanyeol’s smile quickly drew into a smirk. If the boy was really as angelic on the inside as he appeared on the outside, his plan would take no time at all. He schooled his facial expression into another soft smile as he leaned on a desk and cleared his throat. Baekhyun was clearly startled, not expecting anyone to enter the classroom for another couple minutes. The small squeak that left his lips pulled a chuckle from the taller.
    “I’m sorry I scared you...just...wow. Your voice is really wonderful.” he displayed his brightest smile showing off the pearly whites he took pride in, “do you do choir or sing in a band or somethin’?”
    The smaller boy shook his head quickly and pulled his sleeves over his fingers, “I’m much too nervous to perform on stage… Thank you! I mean… for the compliment.” the way he spoke, it was obvious he was struggling for words. He would giggle slightly in between each stutter, as if to buy him time. He rung his sleeves together, as he searched for words to continue the conversation. A slight blush dusted his cheeks as he looked up at the taller boy, “do you enjoy music? L-like singing and stuff?”
    “Do I? I love it! The thrill of being on stage and wooing a crowd is really breathtaking!” Chanyeol exclaimed excitedly although lacking any truth in his statement. Baekhyun’s eyes lit up.
    “Wow really? What do you sing for? Or do you play an instrument?” the smaller boy fidgeted in his seat edging closer to the taller boy. The bright smile on his face was blinding and genuine as he seemed to soak in each of Chanyeol’s words.
    “I’m in a band actually. Lead singer is yours truly.” he leaned back and confidently pointed his thumbs towards his broad shoulders. Another damn giggle. Chanyeol was starting to get sick of the cute way Baekhyun’s voice raised in pitch when the pleasing sound escaped him. The way his button nose would scrunch up slightly and his cheeks accented his awfully perfect smile. It was so goddamn annoying.
    “I would love to see your band sometime. I’m sure you guys are really great.” he spoke slowly and softly, as if he was thinking out his words. Chanyeol wasn’t sure the reason behind his hesitance, but it didn’t matter. He was getting exactly what he wanted. He slid his phone out of his pocket and deposited it in Baekhyun’s delicate sweater covered fingers.
    “Just enter your number right here and I’d love to bring you, darling.” The nickname slipped off his tongue delicately, but he couldn’t help the slight smirk. Fortunately, for Chanyeol, the smaller didn’t notice in his flustered haste to do just as Chanyeol told him. He handed the item back to Chanyeol and giggled as the taller boy looked at his new contact, “My #1 fan huh? That’s cute.”
    “I-i really look forward to...uh h-hanging out with you.” Most of his face was tinged red at this point. He was very embarrassed. He normally wasn’t so flustered, but the confidence Chanyeol was exuding was intoxicating. He felt like he would do anything the taller boy asked of him.
    “Me too, darling.” he slid into his seat, finally noticing that most of their classmates had filled in around them. He sent a charming smile Baekhyun’s way before proceeding to dig in his backpack for useless materials he wouldn’t use throughout the class. He was proud of himself. Firstly, for acting so astonishingly well, he’d win an Oscar for the performance, but also for getting through that damn conversation without scratching his ears off. He didn’t know what it was about the smaller boy’s giggle, but it bothered him down to his very core. 
    It wasn’t necessarily that the darling’s laugh was obnoxious or weird. The problem was how god damn adorable it is. Throughout class, Chanyeol’s mind was filled with the melody of his laughter. The plump cheeks he’d couldn’t wait to grasp between his palms. And the sinking feeling that he was biting off more than he could chew.

 

~

 

The sun shone brightly, highlighting the green grass, and the abundance of smiling students basking in the sunlight before the heat was taken away by the claws of winter. Baekhyun waltzed out the heavy doors enclosing the school a sheepish smile adorning his face. He scanned the front lawn for a second, taking in the warm breeze and plethora of laughter and chatting that surrounded him.
His smile widened when his eyes made contact with none other than Kim Minseok’s. He dashed over to the boy and threw himself into the lean boy’s arms. He stumbled back a bit, as Baekhyun wrapped his body around Minseok’s frame,who quickly moving his hands to grasp at the smaller boy’s thighs.
“Woah there!” a soft chuckle left his lips, as the boy squirmed out of his grip and back onto his own two feet. Before he could continue questioning Baekhyun’s unusually bubbly behavior, the boy interrupted him with a pout gracing his lips.
“You weren’t supposed to catch me! You touched my ,” he whispered the last part, as if he had told some age old secret. This pulled a laugh from Minseok’s lips as he reeled the smaller in by the waist.
    “Your is just so delectable Baekkie.” a teasing wink and a smirk accompanied the flirty phrase. A blush spread through Baekhyun’s cheeks. He tried to avoid eye contact looking anywhere, but the blond’s piercing gaze. Minseok’s laugh cracked the atmosphere in two. He lifted his hands from Baekhyun’s waist to squish his cheeks, “You’re seriously the cutest”
“No, you’re just a flirt.” he counters and shakes his head to rid himself of Minseok’s grip. A soft chuckle sounded behind Minseok causing Baekhyun to look up, finding his relatively new companion standing there, “Jongin? Oh I’m sorry! I didn’t even see you!” he quickly flung himself into the taller boy’s embrace.
His large hand maneuvered up and down Baekhyun’s spine relaxing the boy immediately, “no worries, I just got here.” Baekhyun and Jongin had only been friends a few short weeks, but there was no denying the chemistry the two had. Jongin’s plump lips were never in anything but a fond smile around Baekhyun, and the smaller could never ignore how safe he felt, enveloped in Jongin’s arms. 
The hug had lasted entirely too long, and Minseok cleared his throat, pulling the two from their reverie. Baekhyun quickly pulled away and glued himself to Minseok’s side, the blush on his cheeks not missed by either of his counterparts. Jongin ran his fingers through his hair smiling at them both, “you two seem to be in stellar moods.”
“This one is. Did you see how he practically tackled me.” a scoff followed Minseok’s reply. Baekhyun relaxed again. His heart was beating erratically in his chest. He loved how well Jongin and Minseok got along. At first they barely acknowledged each other without the smaller boy around, but now the trio were like peas in a pod.
“I saw. It was quite the sight. I’ve never seen him run so fast.” his amused tone shown through his eyes as he directed his attention to Baekhyun, “what’s got you so excited?”
Neither boys noticed the concern laced in his tone. He was well aware that Chanyeol had probably gotten ahold of the angel, and made his day by calling him cute or something. His smile remained through that retched thought in the back of his mind, only because of the bright smile that refused to leave Baekhyun’s face. Except now the smile had faded into a look of guilt. He knew exactly what that meant.
“Well uh...today Chanyeol came up to me. He was really nice, and I gave him my number. He complimented me a lot! I don’t think he has any bad inten--”
“Everything Park Chanyeol does has bad intentions written all over it,” Minseok interrupted quickly his posture completely changed. Eyebrows furrowed, and his fist clenched, he looked like a completely different person, “You should really stay away from him
A small frown drew onto Baekhyun’s face, as he looked down at the ground. He knew how Minseok felt about the lanky boy, but he couldn’t help but get his hopes up after the innocent exchange, “I...I know…” Jongin gently slipped his hand into Baekhyun’s and gave it a gentle squeeze.
“He’s up to no good. He’s my best friend I know him better than anyone.” Minseok nodded quickly in agreement. Baekhyun only stayed quiet with his eyes on the ground. The whiplash of his emotions, caught up with him quickly. He was sad. Cause someone seemed genuinely interested in him, and his friends think there’s no way, “Let’s go get some ice cream yea? No need to be sad. We just wanna keep you safe.”
“Ice cream.” Baekhyun nodded and leaned into Jongin’s side, “I’m not upset. I have the both of you and I have ice cream. I promise I’m not sad. I just thought...maybe he was turning over a new leaf or something.” the disappointment laced in his tone destroyed any sort of convincing he was trying to do by denying his feelings. The way his shoulders drooped and his bottom lip poked out were indicators as well.
“We’ll have fun Byunnie don’t worry.” Minseok patted his shoulder lightly before the dragged him off. They had the boy smiling in no time. 
Jongin’s prying fingers kept wandering to Baekhyun’s sides,as they walked, squeezing playfully and causing the smaller boy to squeal and wiggle away. The first couple times he only pouted before returning to his friend’s cozy side. After that, the boy ran away and curled into Minseok’s grasp, a smile threatening to spill onto his lips. A pout formed on Jongin’s features, his arms opening for the smaller again. Eyeing him suspiciously, he moved back into the taller boy’s embrace.
Minseok chuckled at the scene, “Oh, Baekkie, you never learn.” he mumbled mostly to himself, as another squeak indicated, Jongin’s betrayal.
“It’s not my fault! I always think he’s gonna stop being a meanie then he continues!” the smile on his face revealing his amusement with the game they were playing. He loved the playful touches, and the smiles Jongin gave him. They were always hinted with a little extra fondness, but Baekhyun was sure he was just desperate.
“Ahh. I’m sorry, darling. Your reaction is just always so cute. No human could resist.” Baekhyun tensed at the nickname. His mind was always adept at holding onto little details and not letting go. He loved when Chanyeol had called him darling. He wanted him to whisper the nickname in his ear while showering him with praise and kisses.
The sudden thought made him blush. He looked down, red from embarrassment, “I’m not cute. I don’t know why you guys keep insisting that.” he mumbled. The ice cream store was within view. A smile flew onto his face without him realizing.
“Baekhyunnie you’re a lot cuter than you think.” Minseok replied. His smile laced with sadness at his friends self depreciative words. He just shrugged in response, skipping off towards his safe haven. 


~

 

He loved this ice cream shop. It always felt like home to him. The lady behind the counter was past her prime, but her smile glimmered in her eyes. Her soft grey hair was always nestled in a messy bun, and the wrinkles on her face took nothing away from her beauty, even in old age. Every time she saw Baekhyun, she would comment on his sweaters. Always curious of the characters or phrases adorning them, they sparked many comfortable conversations involving Baekhyun’s usually scrutinized choice of dress.
Oddly enough, when Baekhyun first arrived, after to moving from Seoul to Busan, Mrs. Park had been his only friend. Adjusting to the more subtle suburban life had been tough for him at first. In the city he had plenty of friends, entertainment was within walking distance, and he was never given a moment to relax. In this new place, with only an ice cream shop, and gas station within walking distance, Baekhyun found himself restless. 
It was a couple months before school started, and he was slowly adjusting to his new surroundings and lack of friends, when he stumbled into the lovely shop. When he walked in he first noticed the startling lack of tables. On the left side of the shop two empty tables resided, only two chairs at each. Both tables however had a lovely view of the field across the street from the establishment. Kids play various sports and games were scattered across the area, bringing a small smile to the newcomer’s face.
He glanced over at the counter and slowly made his way towards the flavors, leaning towards them with his hands clasped behind his back. He looked over the different flavors. He was having some trouble deciding, when Mrs. Park cleared , just about giving Baekhyun a heart attack. His hand gripping his sweater tightly, he let a strained laugh.
“I’m so sorry sweetie. I didn’t mean to scare you.” her genuine eyesmile, quickly soothed the boy. She reminded him of his own grandmother, “You’re free to get whatever you like. Up to three scoops!”
“O-Oh I couldn’t eat that much.” he giggled and looked over the flavors again, “maybe I’ll just have a scoop of chocolate.
“Oh kids these days.” she mumbled with a fond smile adorning her soft features. She whipped up two scoops of Chocolate and set it on the counter for him, “Second scoops on me. Since it’s my first time seeing you here, and I adore the kitten on your sweater.”
“P-Please ma’am you don’t have to I’ll pay full price!” he mumbled, fumbling for his wallet.
“What did I say young man?” she crossed her arms, a teasing glint in her eyes. His mouth hung open for a second before he paid the amount she ordered him to, “see that wasn’t so hard. Let an old woman be nice huh? It keeps my heart from freezing over.”
Baekhyun smiled and bowed slightly, “You’re so kind.”
“You’re new to this neighborhood?” she asked, smiling. Her nature was relaxed, and it eased Baekhyun’s anxiety in the new place. He nodded and took a small bite of his ice cream, savoring the flavor.
“I moved from Seoul a couple days ago. Just trying to scope out the land right now.” he smiled and moved to sit at the table, as it wasn’t too far from the counter in the tiny shop.
She nodded and moved to sit across from him, the action catching him off guard causing him to choke slightly on his snack. She laughed lightly and gave his back a light pat, “Breathe dear.” her voice soothing, as she sat across from him.
When his coughing fit ended, he blushed, “I’m sorry. I just didn’t expect you to want to have a real conversation with me.” her laugh was hearty this time. It was such a soulful sound, as she covered .
“Kids these days, I swear. If we’re going to talk better do it the right way huh? I suppose you’d rather text your city friends than chat with an oldtimer like me though.”
“Not at all actually! You seem like a very interesting lady. I-I’m Baekhyun.” his smile turned shy, as he held out his hand. She received the handshake with a gentle touch, sensing Baekhyun’s hesitance.
“Baekhyun. What a sweet name. I’m Mrs. Park.”
The conversation flowed freely after that. Mrs. Park began to ramble on about Baekhyun’s sweater, and she loved the design and the knitting of it. Baekhyun replied enthusiastically, detailing the other sweaters he’d grown to love over the years. The mood was light and fluffy, and that’s how Baekhyun left the ice cream shop that day with his first friend in Busan.
She wasn’t your typical best friend, but Baekhyun found himself spending most of the time before school started there, chatting with the extravagant woman. Their topic of conversations were diverse, and scattered. They discussed Baekhyun’s life in Seoul, Mrs. Park’s family and her adventurous life, they even discussed darker topics on the days Baekhyun felt down. She helped him through his transition to his new life, doubts about himself and school, and just general advice he needed. She was like a grandma to him. Baekhyun knew he’d always be grateful to the woman.


~

A sigh escaped him, as he relaxed in the cool temperatures. Sweaters are not good end of summer-wear. He smiled to himself, as he leaned over slightly to view the different mouth-watering flavors he could try. He clasped his hands behind his back, wringing his fingers subconsciously. A habit he had formed over the months.
“Ahh Mrs. Park. You look lovely as ever~” Baekhyun smiled, as the lady bustled out from the back of the store.
“Baekhyunnie! Sweetheart it’s so good to see you!” she beckoned him over to the counter before reaching over it to swallow him in a loving hug. Baekhyun giggled and returned it. She was never shy, and it really translated to Baekhyun when they interacted, “You look so healthy compared to the summer!”
She smiled and pulled away, “You mean I look chubbier cause I eat your ice cream way more than I should.” he giggled, as she began scooping his favorite into a cup. A scoff left her lips.
“Hey! My ice cream is good for the soul. How do you think I’m this lively at 79?” she raises an eyebrow urging him to question her. A smirk of his own appeared as he snatched a spoon from its container and waved it around like a wand.
“It’s not the ice cream. It’s gotta be magic. Let me guess. You make potions back there with the ice cream.” he accused, brooding over the many potions the woman could be concocting. She laughed her boisterous laugh and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.
“Your imagination never ceases to amaze me.” she smiled fondly as the boy began to eat, leaning his front half on the short counter, as he munched on the treat, “I see your friends out front, are they not planning to join us?” 
He glanced out at them and furrowed his eyebrows, “I actually don’t know what they’re doing.” The two were standing near the door, seemingly having an important conversation. A frown tugged at the corner of Baekhyun’s lips, “If they need to talk alone it must not be my business.”
She nods slowly scrutinizing his facial expression, “you still overthink. That hasn’t changed a bit.”
“I know. I know. I’m getting better about it...I think. It’s just...you know how I am.” he mumbled words escaping him in a jumbled rush. She nodded giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze.
“I know, sweetie. Just make sure, if this keeps happening you confront them. Don’t cause yourself unnecessary pain. You’re really a wonderful kid.” Baekhyun gives her a small nod before a playful chime signals that his friends have finally decided to join the two. They greeted Mrs. Park and went back to playfully joking with Baekhyun. Ignoring the cloud looming over the angel’s head.

~

Later that night, they all lay sprawled out in Minseok’s living room watching a movie. Baekhyun had found himself drifting in and out of focus as the day progressed. His mind keeps drifting to Chanyeol, Jongin and Minseok’s suspicious conversation, and minimally to the essay he knows is inevitably due in a couple days. He sighs when his thoughts once again drift to Chanyeol.
What was he up to? Why hadn’t he texted yet? He knew the taller boy was way out of his league, but hope is a stubborn soul. In his mind he replayed the conversation from school. The way Chanyeol’s lips would curl into a wide, shocking smile. The way his muscular arms tensed whenever he’d make a gesture. The way he’d sink his teeth into his plump lips while listening to Baekhyun talk. A small whine left Baekhyun’s mouth, as he imagined the sensation of him biting his own lips.
Minseok raised an eyebrow and glanced at the smaller, “Are you okay?” Baekhyun’s face heated up immediately, as his brain raced for an excuse for the much too vulgar noise. Jongin looked slightly disturbed, looking at the boy, as if he had screeched in his ear.
“I just had way too much soda! I didn’t realize how much I have to pee! Wow! TMI!” a strained laugh escaped him. He quickly untangled himself from his friends limbs, struggling not to trip, before running to the bathroom.
He locked the door immediately, looking at himself in the mirror with panicked eyes. His heart was racing. He hated lying, but how could he tell his friends that he was daydreaming about Chanyeol’s body on top of his, while their own bodies were basically knotted like shoe laces? Not to mention they hate Chanyeol’s guts, and would give him that “Honey you shouldn’t be doing that” look he dreads so much.
After a couple minutes he’s managed to calm his nerves. Choosing to focus on fixing his black locks that weren’t too disheveled to begin with, his heart rate lowered, and the anxiety slowly backed off. His excuse was dumb. He hadn’t drank that much, instead munching on popcorn and daydreaming of Chanyeol’s hands gripping his waist. Baekhyun laughs bitterly at his own thoughts. He knew he needed to get a grip on himself, and loosen Chanyeol’s seemingly strengthening grip on his heart.
Straightening out his sweater, he took in a deep breath before releasing it. He nodded curtly. This would blow over in a few days. He just wasn’t used to the attention. That’s all it is. He smiled to himself, trying to convince his brain that they weren’t still waiting for Chanyeol’s text, and opened the door. 
Baekhyun nearly screeched, when he came face to face with Jongin on the other side of the door. The taller boy looked concerned, his arms crossed, as he leaned against the wall opposite Baekhyun, “What’s wrong?”
Another signature laugh escaped him, as he rubbed the back of his neck, “I told you, just had to pee.” A soft chuckle sounded. It wasn’t mocking, but seemed fond. He emitted the same noise when his 2 month old puppy tried to make friends with itself in the mirror. 
“Well then you need to work on your hygiene, bub.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, eyebrows furrowed. He was wracking his brain for what his friend could mean, when he continued, “You didn’t flush the toilet or turn on the sink while you were in there.”
Baekhyun’s jaw dropped. A couple sad attempts at words, were all he could get out before he hung his head in shame, “I-I’m sorry I lied to you.” Jongin shook his head quickly, mumbling a series of nos. His large hands made they’re way to Baekhyun’s shoulders before rubbing his upper arms softly.
“You don’t have to apologize. Minseok and I are just worried. We want to know whats wrong.” his voice was soothing to the smaller boy’s ears as he moved shakily to embrace the Jongin’s torso. He quickly responded, holding him close, and humming softly to calm his nerves.
“I’m sorry...I’m fine. Today has just been kinda overwhelming is all. Just...Just a lot happened.” Jongin nodded and pulled away enough to look in Baekhyun’s gaze. A smile played on his lips, but his eyes revealed the worry he felt.
    Jongin hesitated a moment before moving a strand of hair out of the shorter boy’s face. He inspected every inch. His soft, genuine eyes, compliment his button nose perfectly. His lips, normally thin, look much more plump when he pouts like this. A soft smile forms, as he admires everything that is “Baekhyun”, “Well why don’t I give you a massage. Then you can take a bubble bath, and go to bed?”
    The smile finally reaches his eyes, as he hears his friend’s offers. He loves Jongin’s massages, and although he’s nervous about getting in the bath here, he also trusts Jongin. He doesn’t have a definite answer to why, but his gut tells him, Jongin would make him feel safe no matter what. 
    Jongin leads the smaller boy to the couch before practically wrestling Minseok off the seat, while he whined, like a child. After his excursion with said child, he gently coaxed Baekhyun to lay on his stomach on the cushions. The boy couldn’t help his loud laughs at Jongin’s immediate change from a noisy kid grappling his foe on the floor to mature massage therapist. Baekhyun was completely caught off guard when his voice transitioned from yells to his normally sultry voice, worthy of an ASMR channel. 
He continued snickering into the soft material of the couch until he felt cold hands work his way underneath his sweater. A subconscious shiver wracked his body, as well as a blush dusting his cheeks. He wasn’t used to being touched like this.
Jongin gently worked his fingers into the tension in Baekhyun’s back. It wasn’t an easy task, seeing as Baekhyun seemed to have enough tension in his tiny body to paralyze a large elephant.
“Geez Baek, you need to lighten the stress load. You sure you’re okay?” the concern was evident in Jongin’s voice, and the corners of Baekhyun’s lips turned up.
“I think it’s mostly coming from you having your hands on me to begin with.” Jongin’s hands froze, and so did Baekhyun’s lungs. It took a few seconds for Minseok’s laughter to break the silence, and Baekhyun continued, “N-not like that you !”
Baekhyun sat up quickly, a pout on his lips. He was met with a hysterical Minseok, clearly thinking the innuendo was much funnier than it was, and a smirking Jongin, obviously trying not to break out laughing as well.
“God, Byunnie, for such an innocent bean you sure love putting yourself in misleading situations.” Minseok yelled, his hand gripping his shirt. His laughter had finally subsided, along with Jongin’s snickers. Even Baekhyun was laughing at this point when he thought of all the awkward situations he had gotten himself into.
“I can’t help it. I just say things and they just sound wrong.” he giggled, wiggling slightly in his seat. Jongin joined him on the couch, wrapping his toned arms around the smaller’s shoulders.
“You manage to leave even me flustered. Like damn.” his deep voice resonated in Baekhyun’s back, as he moved into his warmth. Jongin smiled down at him, then at Minseok, “get your back on the couch you doof.”
Minseok pouted and joined them on the couch. Once again they became a detachable tangle of limbs. Their legs were tied together on the coffee table, as Baekhyun seeked all the warmth he could from Jongin’s body, and Minseok leaned on the arm of the couch.
Baekhyun smiled slightly, when not so attractive snores wracked through Minseok’s body, “Ahh he’s really out.” he whispered in Jongin’s ear, with a quiet giggle.
“Did you still want that bubble bath.” the boy responded, completely ignoring Minseok, to dote on Baekhyun more. His fingers gently massaged the smaller’s hair, pulling an appreciative hum from him. He shook his head, nuzzling his face into Jongin’s neck. He replied with a small nod.
“That feels so nice.” Baekhyun mumbles softly, his voice becoming drowsy with sleep. Jongin gently shifts the boy, so his head is in his lap, giving him more access to his soft locks, “I could stay like this forever.”
It’s Jongin’s turn to blush this time, “Sleep Baekkie.” he just hums in response before his breath evens out. Jongin is left to stare at the beauty that is Byun Baekhyun. His eyes trail from one flawless feature to another, slowly moving down his body. A small sigh escaped him before he too gave into sleep.