Love Is In The Details

Love Is In The Details
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: For @nearmazi one of my very precious friends who I love and adore with my whole being <3 Thank you for supporting me for so long!

 

Hoseok stared at his computer screen in a daze. His hands frozen over the keyboard, his posture slumped against the desk and his mind kept replaying the scene from earlier that day over and over again. He couldn’t stop thinking about it. He had been so unprepared for that question, which in all honesty he shouldn't have. Logically he should have guessed it would have come up sooner or later in his career. Still, he had been caught off guard and he hadn’t been able to stop thinking about the answer he’d given.

Hoseok stared at the crowd of adoring fans who were waiting outside. The line looked like it went on for days and it still amazed Hoseok that so many people read his books, that they liked them enough to come out to these events just for a chance to meet and speak to him. He was still amazed that they wanted his signature, that they wanted to support him in any way they could. It warmed his heart to see all these people who made him as popular as he was today, who’d read each one of his books and recommended it to their friends and family, the spread the word and allowed him to become such a successful author with four bestsellers with a fifth set to make the stage soon.

“Ok, we’re about ready to begin, you ready to start signing books and answering questions Hoseok?” His manager asked and Hoseok nodded with a smile. He was more than ready, he always enjoyed these fan meets, it gave him a chance to really hear how his fans had reacted to his books and what they were eager to see happen next. It was nice hearing them talk to him about their own dreams and he was more than happy to give them advice and tips to help them.

“Good, let’s start then!” His manager said as he signaled for the security personnel to open the doors to the shop. As soon as the doors opened, the crowd of people rushed in but they were careful not to push or shove as they knew that would get them removed from the premise. They all gathered inside and took a seat in the hundreds of chairs set up for them. Hoseok watched the seats fill up with a smile. He was sitting behind a desk on a slightly elevated stage. The day was going to start with a Q&A session that would last an hour and then fans would be given the chance to come up and have their books signed. As soon as the last group of people trickled in and took a seat the event started.

“Good morning, thank you all for coming out to see me today. I’m glad you were all able to make it and it’s really nice to see we have a full house today. That means a lot to me, it’s a confidence booster to see I have so many people supporting me. So really, thank you! Now let’s start with our Q&A session. For the sake of time, I’d appreciate it if you would limit your questions to only the latest two books. And just from the number of people here I know I won’t be able to get to all your questions, so feel free to ask when you come to get your book signed. Thank you!” Hoseok said to the crowd. He saw some people nod while others clapped and even some cheered. He also heard a few squeals of excitement.

“Ok let’s begin, you all received a number when you walked in, those numbers will be called at random and if your number is called you may ask a question. Please stand up when you do so I know who to answer” Hoseok further explained and then nodded to his manager who called out the first number. Hoseok looked over the crowd and saw a little girl, who couldn’t be more than ten, stand up on her chair a huge smile plastered on her face and her eyes b with joy.

“H-hi! My name’s Akira, and I really loved your new b-book, and I w-was wondering how is Lain going to break the curse over her v-village?” Akira asked looking incredibly shy. Hoseok gave her a reassuring smile before answering her question.

“Akira right? What an adorable name for an adorable little girl, by the way, I love that pretty bow you have in your hair.” Hoseok complimented, “And I’d really love to answer your question but my manager has forbidden me to give out any spoilers, but since you’re so cute, I’ll give you all a clue about how to find out what Lain has to do.”

Hoseok could see some people lean forward in their seats eager for the clue to be said. “There was a secret message in the last book, if you can find and decode it, you’ll know what Lain must do,” Hoseok promised and he could see the bewilderment in many of their eyes. He could only imagine how many of them would be rereading and looking for the hidden message in his last book. But it was a really well-hidden message so it wouldn’t be easy to find. Still, he hoped a few of them would figure it out. He turned to his manager who called out the next number and on the Q&A session went.

Even though it was only supposed to last an hour, Hoseok had managed to get away with making it last a little longer. But it eventually did come to an end and then it was time to sign books. One by one people came up to him to have their copy of his book signed. He tried to have a quick conversation with each of them and also tried to write notes of encouragement for most of them. He didn’t have the time to make each and everyone personalized but he made sure to vary them every so often.

As the even was nearing the end, a young woman came up to have her book signed and Hoseok recognized her from previous events. He smiled at her and asked her how she was doing as he signed the book.

“I’m doing well!” She replied beaming with happiness that Hoseok remembered her.

“That’s good to hear, thank you for continuously supporting me,” Hoseok said.

“You’re welcome. Um...I had a question I wanted to ask?” She said nervously.

“Sure?” Hoseok replied handing her book back.

“You once said you draw on your own experiences when you write. And in your latest book, the romance between Lain and Kyle was so passionate compared to the previous books. And I also know you got married last year, so I was wondering if that’s what brought about the dramatic change? It’s such a nice thought to think your own love for your husband helped your write those love scenes! It ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter