Of All the Things

OF ALL THE THINGS

Choi Seunghyun-ssi~

The well known artist and curator spins around as soon as a gentle whisper of his name echoed through the quiet secluded area of the hall. 

His eyes lay on an auburn hair of a small but muscular man shifting nervously looking everywhere but the person called.

Seunghyun tilted his head wanting for an eye contact but couldnt do so for the stranger now bowed his head seemingly regretting his previous action. Seunghyun took the chance to examen the man upfront grazing over his thick black brows that covered those eyes he wanted to see. His eyes darted from the downcast eyes to the bridge of his nose and to his flushed cheeks down to his strong jawline and to his plump lips- the lips that had been continously bit on by the stranger to keep himself from his nerves and the action alone make Seunghyun's lips twitched upward unknowingly.

h-hmm. Im Youngbae, Dong Youngbae. 

The stranger- no, Youngbae introduced himself now looking at him straight through his eyes with a shy smile plastered on the smaller man's lips. Now seeing the dark brown orbs of the man, Seunghyun was reminded of a cresent moon- small but dark and mysterious. The eyes possesses of a great force, an unfanthomable emotions shown into those dark orbs, a gravity that pulls him towards Youngbae like that of a moon. The smile tho shy in contrast of the dark and mysterious eyes, feels like that of a summer- warm and refreshing. The smile definitely could lit up the whole town making Seunghyun's breath hitched.


"I just.. I... I r-really wanted to look at the artsworks. I enjoyed looking at each of them but then you came and I thought you look more appealing than those frame hanged on the walls. "


The words uttered by Youngbae amuses him, so much that a lopsided smile crept on his face once again. Never had he imagined himself being praised by an equally gorgeous man; not that he is not aware of his looks for he had heard and been offered quiet a lot of chances to model a brand not to mention a bunch of ladies that throws themselves at him. But Youngbae's words feels different- they are simple yet sincere that he felt his heart beat faster.

"Dont get me wrong, Seunghyun-ssi. I dont really do this. I dont jump into anybody like this. I dont know, I just cant help myself when I saw you passing by. "


The man's honesty took Seunghyun by surprise. He had never encountered a man at that who blabbers everything out of nervousness hence he find it cute. He finds the man cute.


"You see, I never... I.. I dont go for the same . I dont swing that way but my heart beat eratically as if I run a mile when I saw you. My legs weakend and those silly butterflies just dived in. I thought I should do something and so I asked the lady out there your name. You really are so beautiful, Seunghyun-ssi."

Seunghyun felt silly for he thought that the man was too nervous to even offer a single word but boy he was so wrong. He wanted to come up with a good remark but then the man staring up at him with a pleading eyes got him tongue-tied. 

"say something. Just anything Seunghyun." he commanded his head but no words came out. He was stuck looking at the man with his pounding heart.


"So what dyou say?. Am I creeping you out?" 
Youngbae's soft voice reverberated through his ears calming his racing heart but still he couldnt open his mouth to say anything much to his dismay. He had always been a smooth talker. He had coaxed a lot of costumers and gain quiet a few fans through his words and so why the hell does his mind short-circuited? Was he nervous? The hell he was! Beads of sweat forms over his forehead and his stomach churned giving that foreign yet comfortable feeling, a little too comfortable to his likings. He couldnt seem to function properly, his legs turned wobbly that he had to lean against the wall for support, his whole body in fiasco and he didnt like it a bit. 


What the hell is wrong with me? Had this guy did something to him?

"Ah! I may not be as rich as you are but I own a few chains of resto here in Seoul and in Itaewon. I live in an apartment complex at the 6th floor near this building. I dont really know much of arts but Im fascinated by some of the artworks here. And oh by the way, I do serve the customers as well whenever my schedule permits. My bestfriend Kwon Jiyong is a famous fashion designer and his in France right now for an event. I have an older brother but his serving at the military camp and he'll be discharging next month. Im living with my baby- homey, he's a dog, a really sweet dog. He always sends me off and welcomes me back with kisses and cute barks and... what the hell am I saying??"


The gorgeous man literally facepalmed himself out of embarassment and look back at him with an awkward smile. Seunghyun could see how the tan skin turned tomato red. Seunghyun find it odd how he literally lost all his ability to compose and comprehend a single thought but never seize to take notice of Youngbae's features especially his plump blabbing mouth. Unconsciously he leaned forward slowly wanting to get a taste of those seductive lips of the smaller man but stops midway when he heard him say

Should I go?

hmmm?

I think I give you creeps thats why you're not saying anything.


The boy doesnt seem to notice the invasion of the personal space for he is too focus on getting Seunghyun to say anything hence unaware of the current situation they where in.


So should I leave?

No. Dont. I mean-

then please say something. I really dont know what I am talking about since its a first and I think I mess it up bigtime. Did I? the sound that left Youngbae's mouth came out to be a trembling confession.

A-are you confessing?

Hmmm... I dont know. I mean all I wanted is to know your name but then as I found you really attractive I would to maybe know you a little more?

Seunghyun find it amusing how Youngbae could flip from a shy man to a confident fellow then to a persistent guy for just a couple of seconds. The guy is just unreadable, so full of surprises. What makes it even more strange is the way how Seunghyun seemed to enjoy every bit of Youngbae's antics.

They were in a secluded area of the hall where exhibits of the masterpiece of known artists is on going yet just like Youngbae's confession he doesnt care about those artworks he is so obssessed with- at least not at the moment, for he had the finest masterpiece in front of him-confessing.

Seunghyun-ssi, I know its kinda weird for me to ask but, you dont mind do you? Im sure you got a lot of  fans of both es so its nothing new right? I mean, you dont find me creepy right? Please say you dont."


the pleading eyes of Youngbae shook Seunghyun down to his core and just like that Youngbae too took his breath away more than the way he felt towards his arts, with that he whispered unto Youngbae's ears the words he so wanted to say and the latters face turned even redder than it already is earning a boisterous laughter from Seunghyun.

"So what dyou say?" Seunghyun ask this time loving the way the smaller man's eyes widen in surprise, mouth agape.


"If you already decided, come find me.Im sure you got some connections." He added winking at Youngbae as he made his way towards the exhibit hall with a full grown smirk plastered on his face making him look silly but he never mind.


Not far away pairs of eyes watches the interaction discreetly; each has only one thing in their mind: Choi Seunghyun has gone nuts. For Seunghyun's patrons knew how he got the "eye" for a great art thats why all his exhibits exceeds their expectations. The artists that works with Seunghyun knew how he set his standards real high and criticize every artworks that doesnt suit his taste. He never once uttered praises and his face is always devoid of emotions. One look from the artist got his team into puddly situations. He is never afraid to say whatever thats on his mind thus most of the people in the industry dubbed him heartless.

And so it confuses and amazes them how a single person brought that million dollar smile out of Seunghyun and how the artists eye glistens as he look at the smaller man with emotion they had never seen before- not even with each success of the organized event.