Class in Session

Love and Learning

Jeongyeon frantically ran around her house to prepare for her Mandarin session with Tzuyu. She had completely forgotten that she had homework due for her and was in total freak out mode. At first, Jeongyeon was really excited to learn Mandarin. Her friend, Jihyo, knew someone that would be perfect to teach her. She gave Tzuyu a call and told Jeongyeon that Tzuyu agreed to be her tutor. On the first day, Jeongyeon was prepared for her session. She had her notebook, some workbooks, and pencils ready. Everything was organized nicely in the living room for the arrival of her tutor. Once she heard the doorbell rang, she walked over to greet the Taiwanese teacher. As soon as she opened the door, her jaw dropped. In front of her stood a tall, gorgeous young lady with shiny long dark-brown hair and glowing eyes that matched. She was taller than Jeongyeon, but the pupil didn't mind. Tzuyu gave her a warm smile and introduced herself but Jeongyeon could barely form a sentence. Since then, their session barely had any progress. Jeongyeon had her attention completely fixated on Tzuyu, rather than on her lessons. One thing went through her ear and out the other. Tzuyu was starting to get frustrated with Jeongyeon's lack of focus, but the student couldn't help it. Tzuyu was just too beautiful. 

As soon as the doorbell rang, Jeongyeon screamed but instantly composed herself. She jogged on over to the door and opened it for her tutor. "H-hey, Tzuyu." She smiled timidly as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Hello, Jeongyeon. I believe that you did your homework this time?" Tzuyu replied as she stepped inside, taking off her coat to put hang it up on the rack. 

"Uh, why don't you make yourself comfortable. I'll go get my assigment." She insisted as she ran to her room to find her incomplete homework. She stared at it for a few seconds before randomly applying the answers on the page. She quickly came back and sat beside Tzuyu, handing her the assignment. Tzuyu took the papers carefully and skimmed through the questions. She sighed before looking over at Jeongyeon.

"None of these answers are correct, Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon began to sweat a little as she tried to come up with an excuse. "Sorry, I've been just really busy."

"Is that so? Jihyo said you two were hanging out everyday since our last session." Tzuyu said as she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. Jeongyeon was in hell at this point. 

"I-..you see..."

"Jeongyeon, why are you doing this? We've had twelve sessions so far and I've haven't seen any improvement. Are you trying to waste both of our time?" Tzuyu dropped the homework on the coffee table as Jeongyeon shook her head quickly.

"N-no, it's not that! I just....it's hard for me to focus." She bit her lips as she looked down.

Tzuyu crossed her legs and kept her glare at Jeongyeon. "And why is that?"

"C-cause you're so beautiful..."

Tzuyu instantly rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Flattery won't help you get out of this."

"It's true!" Jeongyeon raised her head up. "Ever since we first met, I've been thinking how amazing you look and I really do want to learn Mandarin but it's hard cause you're so damn pretty! I'm sorry, okay!"

Tzuyu was completely stunned by Jeongyeon's confession. She didn't know what to say or do. There was a moment of awkward silence until Tzuyu got up and smirked. "Let's go on a date.." Jeongyeon looked up at her and was about to say something until she got cut off. "After I see you finish your assignment. I'll see you in our next session." She leaned in and gave Jeongyeon a soft kiss on her cheek, which made her become flustered in just a second. Tzuyu grabbed her coat before walking out. Jeongyeon sat there, still frozen as she placed her hand on her cheek, trying to understand what just happened. 

"Did she just kiss my cheek?"
After a while of pondering, she sprinted to her room and started on her homework without any distractions. 

---

Later that week, Tzuyu came over for their next session. She rung the doorbell as Jeongyeon calmly walked over to the door. She greeted Tzuyu in Mandarin, and asked if she could hang up her coat. Tzuyu was impressed with her wording. She allowed Jeongyeon to take care of her coat before walking into the living room. 

"Is your homework completed this time?"

"I think you can say that." As soon as they entered the living room, Tzuyu noticed stacks of papers on the coffee table. There were homeworks that were previously due as well as homeworks that weren't due until later in the month. The tutor was surprised with Jeongyeon's dedication as she sat down slowly. 

"Jeongyeon, did..did you do all this?"

"Yup! I guess you can say that I spent a whole lot of time to catch up." She smiled as she sat down beside her, hoping that all of her answers were correct.

"This is crazy. I haven't even taught you some of these yet." 

"I'm kind of an over achiever, ya know" She rested her back against the couch as Tzuyu checked each sentence. Jeongyeon did terrific this time. To be completely sure, she handed a worksheet to her pupil and asked her to complete in front of her. 

Jeongyeon took the paper and stared at the questions. She used her several nights of studying to help her answer each one. Tzuyu was amazed with how well she wrote the characters. She noticed a big improvement as soon as Jeongyeon handed her back the sheet to check. She looked back at her and smiled. "You're crazy. You know that, Jeongyeon?"

"I'm crazy for you. That's for sure."

Tzuyu finally blushed this time and pushed her shoulder gently. She could tell that Jeongyeon really worked hard on her homeworks and was proud of her dedication."So I guess there's something you wanted to ask me?"

Jeongyeon grinned before clearing . In Mandarin she asked, "Will you go on a date with me?"

Tzuyu smiled at her perfect pronunciation before replying back in the same language. "Of course."

Jeongyeon understood her and got up instantly, holding out her hand for her tutor. Tzuyu took her hand willingly as they left Jeongyeon's place for their date. 

And that is how Jeongyeon learned Mandarin, ladies and gentlemen. 

_____________________________________________________________

Woooo another one shot is one month? I truly love spoiling you guys!

This was actually requested to me by @chewyaah from twitter after Jeongyeon confessed in interview that she had a crush on her teacher who taught her Chinese.

We thought it would have been cute if her teacher was Tzuyu!

If you guys have any Jeongtzu one shot requests for me, I'll gladly write them for you!

Please comment and upvote!

Love you all!!! <333

~JanJan