Chapter One

House of Cards

 

Yoongi shoves his hands in his pockets as he strolls out of a dark alley. Tomorrow is garbage day. Meaning that dumpster will be emptied. Also meaning the dead body stuffed in a bag will be disposed of leaving the police no evidence. So there will be yet another missing person report. Yoongi ‘s pretty sure the police have caught on to Lee Ju-Young and his massive group of followers, but they too have a leash held by Ju-Young himself that no matter how hard they struggle won’t let them touch him.

 

Lee Ju-Young is by far the most powerful man in Korea at the moment and will probably stay that way for a while because of people like Yoongi. As Yoongi hits the main street, his phone starts to vibrate in his pocket. He checks the caller ID sighing as he answers the phone.

 

“What.”, he says making sure not to hide the annoyance in his voice. He can hear a lot of voices in the background making him automatically guess the phone is on speaker.

 

“Hyung, do you mind picking up some stuff for us to eat we’re starving!!”, a voice that Yoongi immediately identified as Hoseok yells making Yoongi move the phone away from his ear.

 

“Depends…”, Yoongi answers. There’s a convenience store near their apartment that has decent prices depending on who was on shift. The male worker is a chill guy Yoongi didn’t, but the female….

 

“The should be off today.”, Hoseok says making Yoongi smile at the nickname.

 

“Fine tell me what you want.”, Yoongi sighs immediately regretting it. He once again has to move the phone away from his ears as everyone starts speaking at once. He hangs up texting to send him the list before shoving the phone back in his pocket and speeding up to get to the store.

 

As soon as he opens the door, he feels his phone vibrates and pulls it out his pocket. The cashier looks up at the sound of the chime. Yoongi groans silently when he notices the female staring right back at him. The last person he wanted to see. He turns around starting to carefully collect each item on the list. It was funny how even though it didn’t specify who asked for what, Yoongi could easily figure it out. Once he collects everything, Yoongi adds a few of his own things then places it on the desk in front of the cashier. She stares at him for a while before scanning the items.

 

“That will be $52.45.”, she says glaring at him.

 

“Sorry? That’s not right.”, Yoongi says in disbelief there’s no way all the food is that expensive.

 

“You heard me. $52.45.”

 

“Can I get a discount.”

 

The cashier looks Yoongi up and down before shaking her head. “No discounts. Pay up or leave.”

 

Yoongi stares her down for while truly thinking of killing her on the spot, but remembers the last time he killed a random without orders. Let’s just say it wasn’t a great experience. This is why it was usually Jimin or Jungkook’s job to get the snacks. The adores those two. He slaps down the money and grabs the change taking the bags and leaving the store.

 

Yoongi doesn’t have to walk that far. The apartment is only two blocks down the street. Not having any patience to wait for the elevator, Yoongi takes the stairs making his way to the sixth floor. Room 608 is their shared room. All seven of the members of his little gang split the cost of the rent. When Yoongi opens the door, five heads turn to look at him.

 

“I’m never ing going to that place again. We can’t even trust our own schedule anymore. ing 53 dollars for this .”, he says taking things out and tossing it at the boys on the couch and ground.

 

“You’re just mad you’re not as pretty as Jimin and Jungkook.”, Hoseok says with a grin.

 

Yoongi takes the snickers bar out of the bag and whips it a Hoseok who to Yoongi’s pleasure ducked out of the way before it hit him in the face. He then drops an apple in Jimin’s lap then sits down taking out his bag of chips.

 

“So who’d you kill today Hyung?”, Jungkook asks sipping his banana milk. All the other boys now had their attention on him.

 

“Some who thought he could sell Ju-Young a fake antique car.”, Yoongi says with a shrug. “An easy target, but a pain in the to separate from a group. I swear I followed him for at least three hours straight.”

 

Yoongi watches as Namjoon walks to the fridge grabbing a beer taking a sip before Taehyung grabs it also taking a long sip. Yoongi just sits there for a while observing the boys. Tae playing a game on his phone. Jungkook stealing some of his food occasionally getting a slap from the busy gamer. Jimin munching on his apple contently watching the two younger boys as Namjoon reads a book and Hoseok plays with Jimin’s newly grey hair. Jimin’s hair is always changing colors since he didn’t have to deal with the business stuff like Seokjin or Namjoon did. Namjoon’s hair is a light brown at the moment. A simple color. Whereas Hoseok’s hair is an orange. Yoongi tried dying his hair in adventurous colors like Jimin, but he just didn’t feel like it fit with his role. A cold-blooded killer with mint green hair? Ya can’t picture it. So his hair at the moment is a simple pitch black just like Seokjin. The only other color Yoongi enjoys is a blonde. That was a badass look. Taehyung’s similar to Yoongi. He got rid of the colorful hair and now has chestnut brown hair that’s now pulled back into a small ponytail. Jungkook’s hair is completely natural. Never dyed and completely untouched. A simple dark brown. Yoongi has seen Jimin ask Jungkook countless times to dye his hair, but the younger boy always refuses.

 

Snapping Yoongi out of his thoughts, Seokjin bursts through the door. He pauses and looks at them all sitting and eating together.

 

“Hi Hyung.”, Taehyung says not even looking up from his phone. Yoongi turns around hiding his slight grin waiting for Jin to start ranting about some about disrespect.

 

“What are you guys doing. We have twenty minutes to haul our ing asses to Ju-Young’s place for dinner.”, Jin says walking to Namjoon taking the can of beer out of his hands. “Hurry up or I’m leaving you guys.”

 

Yoongi grabs the can from Jin sitting back drinking calmly watching as the boys got up to get ready. Jimin’s the first out of the door. He actually has a reputation to keep up and has to worry about his looks. Yoongi, on the other hand, can show up covered in blood and no one would be surprised. In fact, Yoongi has begun to believe that it’s impossible for Jimin to look anything but good. He remembers when Jimin and Jungkook had to work on something that took the whole night. The next day, they had a meeting and Jimin and strolled in wearing Jungkook’s sweater that was oversized due to their height difference and messy hair that still somehow made him look better.

 

Jin finally sits beside Yoongi taking the can out of his hand taking a long chug. “Humans are annoying. I really hate having to sit through those stupid meetings listening to them argue.”, he says leaning all the way back on the couch.

 

“Are they as bad as that stupid down the street?”, Yoongi asks

 

Jin chuckles to himself quietly, “You’re still salty about her. How can you not handle her.”, he asks looking at Yoongi.

 

“Hey! I’ve never seen you take a step in that store.”

 

“I can’t if I do she’ll drool all over me after seeing my handsome face.”, Jin says laughing when he notices Yoongi rolling his eyes.

 

They were then interrupted when the door opens when the others come in changed. Tae still has his hair up in a ponytail. Jimin glances up at the hair tie before pulling it out fixing the boys hair.

 

“Hey, I liked that!!”, Tae whines looking at Jimin with a small pout.

 

“Well I didn’t Jimin simply says simply turning to flick the elastic at Yoongi.

 

Yoongi swears when the elastic hits him right on the forehead.

 

Everyone starts to laugh at Yoongi reaction time which he has to admit is complete . Jin then stands fixing his combed hair squinting at Jimin.

 

“Did you dye your hair again?”, he asks.

 

Jimin raises an eyebrow “Ya. It’s ok Hyung we all know you’re jealous that you can’t have pink hair again. Maybe I’ll do that next.”

 

Yoongi snickers as Jin clicks his tongue annoyed. “For your information, I looked like a prince with that pink hair and you all know it.”

 

Yoongi stands and pats Jin’s shoulder. “Stick to the black hair.”, he says then walks past him and the other boys leading them out the building.

 

Once they get off the bus and make it to the mansion, no one’s laughing or joking around. Namjoon takes his spot at the front as the leader with Seokjin on his right and Yoongi at his right.

 

The people who are on their shift stare at the seven of them nodding politely at them. Yoongi can practically smell the fear as they pass people. But Yoongi knew the other boys are used to it like him. If Ju-Young is the leader that makes the seven almost like his right-hand men. They technically have the same power as Ju-Young, but maybe a bit less because of how they kind of fear Ju-Young.

 

The system is weird when you get to the top three in the rankings. But when people usually come to South Korea especially Seoul, they don’t fear the police, they fear the seven of them.

 

Ju-Young spends a lot of his time adding members to the Geondal. He has a ton of people then it’s someone else’s job to watch over everyone. As to why the seven of them are always tired.

 

When the seven of them finally get to the end of the hall two doors open revealing a dinner table with Ju-Young sitting at the head.

 

Ju-Young looks at them with slight smile checking his watch. “Right on time as I expected.”, he says then gestures to the table urging them to sit.

 

Namjoon takes his spot at the right of Ju-Young and Jin takes the left. Yoongi sits beside the oldest boy and watches as Hoseok sits beside Namjoon. Jimin quickly takes the seat beside Yoongi as Taehyung sits beside Hoseok leaving Jungkook who shot the 95 liners a dirty look to sit facing Ju-Young at the end of the table.

 

Yoongi diverts his gaze to Ju-Young who’s looking all of them over. “I see you’re doing a good a job taking care of them Seokjin.”, he says looking at Jin.

 

Yoongi nows how much Jin hates when people use his full name and was impressed at how he hid his discomfort. He gives Ju-Young a brief nod looking at his plate. It’s always awkward when talking to Ju-Young. You can tell who found it uncomfortable like Hoseok who keeps shifting his body in his seat. Or Taehyung who keeps tapping his finger on the table. Yoongi doesn’t even have to check to see if he’s bouncing his leg. He obviously was. Poor Jungkook keeps looking anywhere but at Ju-Young. His eyes met Yoongi’s and Yoongi raises an eyebrow at him. Jungkook lets out a sigh looking away.

 

Then there are people like Yoongi, Jin, Namjoon, and Jimin. Yoongi enjoys the silence since he doesn’t have to deal with having to carry a conversation or listen to one. Namjoon was just always dead inside as to why it’s easy for him and Jin’s used to the silence having dealt with Ju-Young many times. Jimin on the hand was used to it since he usually creates it. Jimin knows every way to make a human uncomfortable and enjoys doing it. A complete sociopath. A deadly one too.

 

Yoongi turns back around to see Ju-Young looking right back at him. “How was work today Yoongi.”, Ju-Young asks.

 

Yoongi shrugs, “There should be another missing person report soon.”, he says simple watching as people walking placing food down in front.

 

The girl who puts the food down for Jimin still stands behind him with a blush on her face. Yoongi can see the slight smile on Jimin’s face he reaches towards her touching her softly is hand sliding down low. Jimin finally turns around gesturing and whispers something in her ear. Another one of his prey.

 

They all eat quietly until Ju-Young speaks again. “Japan has said they are willing to discuss an alliance.”, he says

 

Namjoon stops eating and looks at Ju-Young. “When are you leaving?”, he asks. That catches everyone’s attention. Ju-Young leaving means a break. Something they don’t get often.

 

Ju-Young keeps eating not even noticing the eager faces looking at him. “I’m not leaving. I’m sending someone else.”  

 

Yoongi can see Jin’s shoulders go down when he realizes it’ll probably be him. Yoongi has to give it to him. He works hard. Ju-Young is always sending somewhere to do the work he should be doing himself. While Jin does all the traveling, Namjoon has to deal with all the units around Seoul. Another thing Ju-Young should be handling. Ju-Young just sits on the throne while the seven of them are keeping everything alive.

 

Once Ju-Young finishes his meal he stands up. “Namjoon and Seokjin.”, is all he says before leaving the room.

 

Yoongi looks at Seokjin who’s staring right at him and nods. Deal with the kids.

 

Once they leave, Yoongi stands up. “Let’s go.”, he says. The others stand clearly ready to leave. This place always sets them on edge. Probably because all the ed up happens here. If you have any bad memories, the setting was probably right here.

 

The five of them leave and head back to their meeting room waiting for the eldest and their leader. It’s quiet. Everyone’s exhausted. Jungkook doesn’t even look at an electronic. He’s usually on one, but not tonight. Yoongi can tell he’s most likely been in front of a screen all day tracking information. Taehyung’s eyes are closed probably tired from stalking or being on the lookout. He has his headphones in listening to his music.

 

Hoseok keeps checking the time. Yoongi noticed that he didn’t eat a lot probably not wanting to put anything else in his mouth after experimenting with different drugs and poisons. Not only that, but he has to deal with police just like Yoongi. Except the police turn to Hoseok more often. Then there’s Jimin whose head is resting on Hoseok’s lap. Jimin’s the one who gets all the info. He practically owns every club in South Korea which is where he usually gets his information. Not only that but he too has been sent out on jobs similar to Yoongi. Jimin’s just a well rounded when it came to his profession.

 

Hoseok checked his watch one more time before groaning. “Where are they I have an appointment to get too.”, he says.

 

Yoongi notices the frown on Jimin’s face when Hoseok complains, but it disappears once again making the boy unreadable.

 

Half an hour later, Jin and Namjoon finally walk through the door. They both have the same stressed expression on their face. Jungkook taps Tae who looks up and pulls his headphones out watching the two boys.

 

“Let me guess. You guys are leaving for Japan.”, Jimin says his eyes still closed.

 

Jin sighs, “correction. We’re all going to Japan in two days.

 

It’s funny how that can get some many people to groan at once.

 

Namjoon chuckles, “Ya I’m with you guys. Turns out that Japan actually did agree to discuss an alliance. So Ju-Young is sending us to figure out how to make it happen.” he says crossing his arms leaning on a table.

 

“Don’t come back until we’re allied were his exact words.”, Jin says sitting beside Jungkook.

 

Yoongi looks around at everyone. It’s silent. “So what are we going to do?”, he asks looking at Jin who shrugs then at Namjoon who’s zoned out.

 

It’s quiet yet again then Jimin breaks the silence this time. “Well, I’ve heard that Japan’s been having some trouble with a group of “rebels”.”, Jimin says finally opening his eyes and sitting up slowly.

 

“That’s probably really helpful.”, Jungkook says, “If finding them is the problem we can just show the picture Taehyung and Yoongi can track them down. Wouldn’t that have to make them form the alliance since we solved their problem? Mission accomplished.”

 

Yoongi shakes his head noticing something. “How long has this problem been happening?”, he asks Jimin

 

“5 years.”

 

“Well, then there’s our problem,” Yoongi says. “Why haven’t they solved it? I’m pretty sure they’d want to eliminate the group to get rid of headaches.”

 

Namjoon nods after hearing Yoongi, “Hyung’s right. We’re trying to alliance with the Yakuza over there. The leaders are called the Jap Twins. One female, one male. Yuta Nakamoto and Sana Minatozaki. Nakamoto is known to be the more calm one while Minatozaki is a bit more…. bloodthirsty. But together they’re still ruthless. The security there is crazy. So for them to not be able to track down a group, they have to be really good.”, Namjoon explains.

 

Hoseok stretches briefly, “So this won’t be as easy as getting the triad in China. Zhang Yixing and Wang Jackson were pretty easy. Jackson and Namjoon fell in love and Jin satisfied Yixing’s need of professionalism.” he says.

 

“You never know. Yoongi-Hyung and Sana may be a perfect match. Bloodthirsty, ruthless. Sounds good to me.”, Taehyung says with a grin on his face.

 

Jungkook starts laughing earning a dirty look from Yoongi which he then shoots at Taehyung too he shrugs.

 

“The real question is if they called us saying they’d discuss the alliance or if we asked for one.”, Yoongi says peeling his eyes from the two younger boys.

 

“We were told by Byun Baekhyun that Park Chanyeol bumped into some Japanese guy who passed in the message.”, Jin says simply

 

“So then they really need us. I say we go there and play dumb as if we know nothing and wait for them to bring up the idea even though we already thought of it. If they do bring it up, the alliance is practically signed.”, Yoongi says standing up already knowing they’d agree.

 

The other boys also stand yawning or stretching or both. So it’s decided. They’d haul their asses to Japan and get the Yakuza to beg them for help and seal the alliance.

 

Yoongi just hopes that they come back soon. A lot can happen in South Korea in the span of a day if the seven of them aren’t there.