Epilogue

Sanctum of Sacrifice.

One Year Later

Kyuhyun smiled as his professor dismissed the class for self study while he graded some papers. He turned to chat with his friends Henry and Kibum about the assignment due at the end of the week.
"Appa!!" Kyuhyun turned, as did the rest of his class when the door opened and two little six year olds bound into the room, making a beeline for Kyuhyun. He wrapped them both in a hug and laughed. 
"Hi uncle Kibummie! Henli Hyung!" They chimed as his teacher smiled.

Heechul poked his head inside and smiled. 
"They said you'd just finished up." He told the teacher as he attentively made his way over to Kyuhyun and sat down. The other students looked on in curiosity, knowing Kyuhyun had a fiancé but having never seen him. They didn't know about kids.

"Wookie, Sungmin, you should be in school." Kyuhyun pouted, pretending to be upset that his kids would prefer to play with his friends. Heechul leaned over and pecked his lips, smiling. 
"I checked them out of school to come see their Appa. I have to go visit Teukie and Kangin and I wouldn't have been able to pick them up so you have to take them home this time." He said poking his tongue out at his lover. Kyuhyun nodded.
"That's fine. I'll call Appa and Umma tonight and I think Yunho and Jaejoong won't mind entertaining the kids for a while." He said and Heechul rolled his eyes. 
"You and those games."

"Everyone needs a hobby" Kyuhyun grinned as Sungmin and Ryeowook climbed on Kibum. 
"I thought I was your hobby" Heechul whispered with a smirk as he kissed Kyuhyun once more.
"Yah not in front of the kids! You know you're my number one hobby" Kyuhyun winked before continuing "I'll keep the boys entertained and take them home soon, you should go and see Teukie, and im sure he will be happy to see you." 
"I don't think you'll need to worry about those two, they seem happy enough climbing all over Kibum. But yeah, im going to head out. I'll see you at home. Sungmin, Ryeowook im leaving now!" Heechul smiled as the two young boys wrapped their arms around him tightly.

"Goodbye Umma have fun with Grandpa Teukie" Sungmin grinned and Heechul and Kyuhyun laughed.
"Grandpa Teukie? Well im sure he will be happy to hear he's a grandpa, I can't wait to tell him" Heechul smiled as the boys let go of him and went to sit with Kibum and Henry. 
"I feel so neglected by my own children" Kyuhyun pouted, earning giggles from the two boys in question. 
"Don't worry you still have me" Heechul whispered as he linked fingers with Kyuhyun, running his thumb over the younger boy's ring finger where a plain silver ring was placed. "Always" he smiled and pecked Kyuhyun on the lips one final time before sliding off the seat and heading out of the room. 

……

The orphanage closed down shortly after Kyuhyun and Heechul had adopted Sungmin and Ryeowook, and soon that after Eeteuk and Kangin moved in together, their house wasn't huge, but for the two of them it didn't need to be.
"Hey Teukie guess what?" Heechul smiled as he was met at the door by Eeteuk. 
"It's nice to see you again Chulie. What am I guessing?" 
"Sungmin and Ryeowook have decided… Your Grandpa Teukie now" Heechul smirked as he brushed past the older man and sat down on the sofa.
"Grandpa Teukie? Seriously?! Im not that old!" he pouted and a chuckle could be heard as Kangin strode into the room from the kitchen.

Eeteuk shut the door and walked over to sit with Heechul, bringing his arms around him in a hug. 
"So..." Heechul began, crossing his legs on the couch as he turned sideways to look at Eeteuk as Kangin sat down. 
"What's the occasion?" He asked. Eeteuk almost never called him out here alone.
Kangin held out a box to Heechul and Eeteuk had a giant grin on his face. 
"I thought you'd want these. I came across them when we cleaned out the orphanage." He said. Heechul opened the box and found pictures of small babies inside. They appeared to have been taken right after birth. 
"It's Sungmin and Ryeowook. All of their pictures, files, the clothes they came to the orphanage in. Sungmin's mother died giving birth. Ryeowook's parents fled the hospital without him." Eeteuk explained, reaching a comforting arm out to Heechul as his hand covered his mouth, tears forming in his eyes.

Carefully replacing the items in the box, he set it aside and collapsed into his once guardian's lap. 
"Thank you so much." He said and he cried. He cried like he had the day the accident happened. He stayed that way until Kangin mentioned the time and he sat up, sniffling. "Thanks so much again for these things. Saranghaeyo, both of you." He said, standing and picking up the box. "I have to go, Kyuhyun will be waiting. Bye." He said, pecking Eeteuk on the forehead and giving Kangin a hug. 
"I'll bring the kids out one day." He promised and left the house, leaving Eeteuk to smile in the arms of his lover.

…….

Heechul smiled as he arrived home, the house was quiet, something that didn't happen very often with two six year olds running around. He set the box down on the table and walked over to the sofa, were Kyuhyun was fast asleep with Sungmin and Ryeowook curled up sleeping next to him. 

"Kyuhyun-ah im home. Wake up" He whispered as he brushed a few strands of hair out of the younger boys face. Kyuhyun smiled and reached his hand to grab Heechul's wrist, pulling him down onto his lap.
"Hi" he giggled as he opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around Heechul, nuzzling his head against the older boy's neck. 
"Yah! I thought you were sleeping." Heechul squeaked, being careful to avoid waking the still sleeping boys, who were now cuddled up together. 
"I was. But I heard the door." He grinned "Jae and Yunho are out, they'll be back later tonight. And I called my parents; they'll be round in the morning." 
Heechul nodded in reply and pointed to the box on the table.

"Teukie gave us that, it's filled with Sungmin and Ryeowook's baby photos and their files from the orphanage. He found them when he and Kangin were clearing the orphanage and thought we would like to have them."
"Remind me to call him later and thank him" Kyuhyun smiled as Heechul leaned back into his hold. 
"We should probably get them to bed" he grinned as he looked at the two sleeping boys. Sungmin had his arms wrapped around Ryeowook, while Ryeowook was cuddling a giraffe teddy Sungmin had given him. 

"It's a shame to disturb them, but they can't sleep on the sofa all night" Heechul laughed as the two of them stood up and separated the two boys.
"Appa…" Sungmin mumbled as Kyuhyun picked him up gently and carried him upstairs.
"Go back to sleep Minnie" he smiled as Sungmin closed his eyes and on his thumb, Heechul was following closely behind with Ryeowook in his arms. The smaller boy was clinging to the giraffe as he was carried to his bedroom. 

Heechul lay Ryeowook in his bed and covered the small boy up, smiling as he curled closer to the giraffe, tucking his head under its head. He placed a kiss on Ryeowook's head and stood as Kyuhyun put Sungmin to bed on the other side of the room, tucking him in in much the same way.
Heechul hugged Kyuhyun, propping his head on the younger's shoulder. 
"I'm so happy." He whispered, gazing at their children lovingly. He never thought as a child when these two came into his life that he'd be their father one day. He smiled and brought Kyuhyun to their room so they, too, could go to sleep.

Kyuhyun kissed Heechul's cheek and smiled. "I'm happy too... Every time they call us Appa, my heart swells." Kyuhyun admitted and Heechul laughed, curling into his fiancé and letting sleep pull him down into a blissful dream.

........ 

Jaejoong awoke the next morning to prepare breakfast for everyone in the house plus Kyuhyun's parents who would be arriving shortly. He poked his head into the kids' room and frowned when neither of them were in bed.

He went to Heechul's room and placed a hand over his mouth, tears coming to his eyes at the scene. Heechul and Kyuhyun were sleeping on either side of the bed, their arms around their children as the two cuddled together in the middle. Ryeowook's giraffe plushies were all over the bed.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Yunho asked, snapping pictures as the doorbell rang. 
"I'll get it. Let them sleep a little more."

The End.