Chapter 1

To Move On
Please log in to read the full chapter

English cover of Untitled 2014, which go well with the mood of this story

 

Chanyeol knew Baekhyun hadn’t’ moved on from  his ex lover. Yet he has been staying with him, hoping that someday, his heart will change for the better.

 

Baekhyun and him have been together for 3 years, they met through work, Chanyeol being an accountant found of music  and Baekhyun, the secretary of another department of the company.

They spent 6 months dating each other before moving in a small neighborhood near their work places.  If you ask Chanyeol about his encounter with the smaller one, he would tell you it was love at first sight. He had loved everything about Baekhyun, from his laugh, to his beautiful fingers, passing by his weird elbow.

But he knew that for Baekhyun it hasn’t been like this.  The latter was, and is still in love, or something akin, to his past lover. It was hurting him to say this, but it was the truth. At the beginning of their relationship, Baekhyun would often tell him about his ex, about how he hurt him when he cheated on him, how he was heartbroken and how it has been hard for him to move on.

 

 

Move on

 

 

 

Though, Chanyeol knew he hadn’t move on.

 

He knew by sometime watching Baekhyun looking sadly to an old picture he treasured inside his wallet. 

A picture of him and him.     

 

He knew by the fact that Baekhyun was always a bit reluctant to make big plans with him.  Like talking about engagement or even children. He would tell they were too young, too busy with their work.

But Chanyeol heard from Jongdae, Baekhyun’s best friend, that he was the one to propose these things when he was in couple back then.

 

Even knowing this, Chanyeol kept telling himself, that eventually Baekhyun would move on, that he will be the one to mend his once broken heart.

 

 

 

But how can he mend a heart that wasn’t whole to start with?

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stayed with him for three years.  His friends were telling him to let go, that he would only hurt himself, but he never listened to them, believing that with time, it would be alright.

He didn’t being the pillar of them, he didn’t mind being the one who was the most in love in their couple, as long Baekhyun was loving him back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I saw him”

 

 

“Who?”

 

“My ex.  I was going out of the bakery and our path crossed” Baekhyun answered.

 

Chanyeol gulped, feeling something pulling at his heart.  He knew that a day like this would come around.  Indeed, when you live in the same city (at least from what he have heard ), you can bump into a lot of person.

For Baekhyun, it was his ex. Or the person he truly loves said Chanyeol in his head.

 

“Ho… Did you exchange some words? Must have been awkward to meet him”

 

“ Haha, yes it was kind of. I mean, the last time we saw each other was at Sehun’s party and we acted like we didn’t know we were there.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter