Of Flower Competitions and Love Confessions

Of Flower Competitions and Love Confessions
Please log in to read the full chapter

The casual noise of half-dead university students zombie growling and suffering from the lack of caffeine in their system filled the canteen, but the little group of friends ignored it in favour of staring with wide smiles at the awkwardly grinning Hanbin, who just won the flower arrangement competition, embarrassing many girls with his hidden talent. He held his white-pink-yellow-red bouquet between his sweating and shaking fingers, blush deepening on his face as Jiwon winked at him reassuringly. It did not help fighting his tingling nerves.
Yunhyeong blinked confusedly at the younger boy, stopping mid-sentence when Jiwon winked across his shoulder, then sheepisly hugged Donghyuk to his side, leaning his head atop the younger’s. As soon as he tried to turn around, a chest was pushed to his back. Opening his mouth and taking a deep breath to speak, he froze, and after gaping a few times, he decided to keep quiet. Hanbin’s natural scent - or was it his perfume? - lulled him into a state of calmness, heart beating in little flutters behind his ribcage, and it blocked any other stimulus from the world. Only the scent and warmth existed at that moment.
He felt himself relax as the younger wrapped a gentle hand around his waist, Yunhyeong's head dropping back softly against his shoulder in response. He found his voice after a short while, smiling gently.
”As I’ve heard, you won the competition. I knew you could do it, Hanbinie.”
”I’ve won because of you, hyung… Because you had faith in me. I won…” he hesitated a bit, trying to put his feelings into words, into a sincere message. ”…because I tried to express the feelings that you make me feel, whenever you are close.”
Yunhyeong opened his mouth again, only to close it right back, a blush creeping up on his neck, on his cheeks.
Hanbin was watching him with a soft, fond expression. All of Yunhyeong made him re

Please log in to read the full chapter