Enjoy

Under the Red Umbrella

Hey guys<3

Im back with a short story :) i thought of this idea whilst sitting with my friends at break time ahaha

tell me what you think :)

Comment and Subscribe<33

boyfriendloveforyou<33333

 

--------------------------------------------

 

The Love under the Red Umbrella

 

 

I’ve always loved the rain. The rain reminded me of how we met, under that red umbrella.

 

Past:

I sat alone at lunch, behind the school where no one really went.

 It was quiet, my thinking place.

No one bothered me, until she showed up.

I remember looking out at the trees which stood tall behind the schools building.

I remember the sound of the wind and that’s when I felt the first speck of rain land on my left cheek, I looked up toward the sky to be met with more water being splashed onto my face.

The rain was coming down fast now, it felt like someone had opened a tap and let the clouds weep.

I closed my eyes and let the rain fall on my head and roll down my face, I must have enjoyed it too much though, I hadn’t even noticed that the water had stopped falling on me, but how could I still hear the rain hitting the ground?

I opened my eyes and saw a pair of feet, my eyes travelled up a pair of thin legs, a lean upper body and then to her beautiful face.

She was holding a red umbrella over my head.

I blinked.

‘’It’s not good to sit in the rain, you could get sick…’’ she said with a smile.

I blinked again.

‘’Ermm, do you mind if I sit with you?’’ She asked and sat down next to me.

Who is this girl? Why is she talking to a loner like me?

‘’My name is ~~~~~’’ she said and held out her hand.

I stared at her slim hands, ‘’Your meant to tell me your name and shake my hand’’ she said giggling at me.

I lifted my hand and shook hers,

A sudden jolt went through my body; I blinked several times before my mouth opened

‘’L.Joe’’ I said.

 

We didn’t speak after that, just sat there in a peaceful silence.

After that day me and ~~~~~ became really close,

We were best friends, but I wanted to be more, I wanted to mean more to her.

 

It was ~~~~~’s birthday today, I got up really early to be the first one she sees on her birthday.

I washed up and set off to surprise her.

I arrived at her house and knocked on the door.  A very tired and sleepy ~~~~~ opened the door.

‘’L.Joe Oppa?’’ she asked, ‘’Is that you?’’

‘’Yeah, it’s me ~~~~~, can I come in?’’ I asked.

She nodded and I stepped into her small house.

I smiled at the familiar scent of her perfume lingering in the air.

 

Today was the day I was going to confess.

 

-Dinner- L.Joe POV:

I decided to take ~~~~~ out to her favourite restaurant for dinner.

After we ordered, our food arrived fairly shortly afterwards, ‘’Mmm,’’ ~~~~~ said whilst eating her Kimchi.

I smiled and held my breath, I closed my eyes and then said ‘’~~~~~’’

I opened my eyes to see ~~~~~ looking at me, ‘’Yes Oppa?’’

‘I-i..i wanted you to come here, s-so I could tell you something..’’ I said nervously.

‘’Sure Oppa, what is it?’’

I in some air and then released it, ‘’I like you.’’ I said flatly whilst looking down at my food.

I twisted my fork around not ready to meet her gaze.

‘’I’ve liked you for so long, you’re all I think about. And it would be an honour if you would accept my feelings and become my girlfriend.’’

I lifted my gaze and saw ~~~~~’s eyes becoming wet, ‘’oh, no, I knew I shouldn’t of said anything, don’t worry?’’ I asked.

‘’Oppa...’’ She started, ‘’Oppa, I have someone already…I’m so sorry for not telling you sooner Oppa, I was going to tell you I swear! Oppa Plea-‘’

I stopped her mid-sentence by getting up off my seat and walking away,

I heard her faint cries in the background begging me to sit down and for her to explain, but I couldn’t, I couldn’t face the love of my life talking to me about who had her heart.

 

The next couple of days at school were how they used to be, dark and lonely.

I sat in class, staring outside the window not paying any attention to what the teacher was saying.

I felt something land on top of my hand; I looked down and saw a note lying crunched into a ball.

I opened the note and read it:

 

Oppa, please meet me behind the school building.

I need to see you; I need to explain everything.

~~~~~ <3

~~~~~ POV:

I started walking out of class and went to meet L.Joe,  

I turned the corner and what I saw would scare me for life.

I let out an ear piercing scream; a man dressed in black was standing over a boy’s dead body, gun in hand.

My gaze flicked from the man to the boy, he was my classmate ‘’Bang Seonghyun...’’ I gasped.

‘’Little girl, you shouldn’t be here!’’ he hissed, turning to approach me.

My gaze fell on him again; I opened my mouth again to scream but was met with a pain I would never forget.

-BANG-

L.Joe’s POV:

‘’, I’m late…’’ I hissed, I started jogging to meet ~~~~~.

-BANG-

I stopped dead in my tracks and fell to the ground with my ears covered.

‘’A gun shot?’’ I whispered.

I looked around and saw a figure dressed in black leaving the school grounds.

‘’~~~~~’’ I whispered.

Where is she?

I rushed around the corner and felt my heart crush into a million pieces.

That’s where ~~~~~’s body lay, I rushed to her side and put my fingers to her bloodied neck, frantically feeling around for a pulse.

‘’N-no pulse..’’ I stood up and reached into my back pocket and grabbed my phone, I punched in the emergency number and put the phone to my ear.

I looked at ~~~~~ again and felt the hot tears fall down my cheeks,

 

EC: Hello ambulance service here, what’s the emergency?

l.Joe: HELP! I NEED HELP! MY BEST FRIEND HAS JUST BEEN SHOT AND-

 

I stopped talking and looked a little further on from ~~~~~’s body. There lay Bang Seonghyun’s body, blood seeping from a small hole in his head.

 

L.Joe: - MAKE THAT MY BESTFRIEND AND ONE OF MY CLASSMATES! I NEED HELP! PLEASE!

EC: Calm down sir, can you please tell us where you are?

L.Joe: SEOULD HIGH SCHOOL, BACK OF THE BULIDING! PLEASE HURRY! PLEASE! I begged.

 

I cut the phone off because ~~~~~ had moved.

‘’~~~~~’’ I shouted and knelt down next to her again.

‘’L-L.Joe…’’ she whispered with a mouth full of blood. ‘’~~~~~ ARE YOU OKAY? WHERE ARE YOU HURT? I screamed letting the hot tears fall from my eyes.

DON’T MOVE!PLEASE  ~~~~~ DON’T DIE! PLEASE!’’ I screamed through the tears that were blocking my vision.

‘’L.Joe, it’s too late…’’ she whispered.

‘’NO! IT’S NOT TO LATE! HANG ON THERE ~~~~~! THE AMBULANCE WILL BE HERE SOON!’’ I shouted and wiped the tears falling off my cheeks.

 

‘’I lied L.Joe… I was t-to scared to tell you…t-that I had f-feelings for y-you..’’ she said her voice breaking as waves of pain hit her.

I held her in my arms, and pulled her closer to me, not letting go of her

‘I love you L.Joe…’’

That was the last thing my best friend ever said to me.

She died in my arms that day, something I would never forget.

 

Now look at me, alone again. I ran my fingers over the gold lettered name, engraved in the white marble grave stone.

‘You left to soon ~~~~~-ah.’’ I whispered.

I gently put the roses down and got up. I looked up toward the sky, ‘’I know your there ~~~~~-ah, watching over me…I wanted to tell you I love you…’’

My gaze fell back onto your grave stone and I bent down to put the birthday gift I never got to give you next to the flowers,

‘’Forever and always.’’.