Run

Run Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there was one big thing that Moon Byulyi's parents have taught her, it was to never run away from any challenges even if it will definitely hurt you, but here she was, desperately packing her things and begging her best friend, Jung Wheein, to immediately book her a flight to Russia.

"Byul you can't just keep running away to whatever place there is. Yongsun will still know where you are sooner or later and she'll definitely drag you back home."

"She knew just because your girlfriend, Hyejin, told her! Now book me for the next flight."

"You know if your parents were here right now they would totally slap you in the face."

"That's why I'm running away, because they're not here to slap me anymore. Hurry up, she might catch up to me anytime. Do you know any place where I could hide for the mean time?"

"I have a friend who lives at an apartment near the boulevard that's close to your hotel. I'll call him to meet you as soon as possible."

"What time is she arriving here?"

"Hyejin told me that the plane she was in left at 5:30 pm KST, so probably by now it has already landed."

"Gosh I need to hurry. Where do I meet him?"

"The boulevard's fountain. I swear Moon Byulyi this is the last time that I'll be helping you."

"Thanks, Wheein. This really means a lot."

"Until when are you going to stop running away?"

"I don't know, but I can't come home, and you know that."

"Just so you know, she's also as crazy as you; chasing after someone who desperately tries to get away. You must leave. She might be close."

Yes, Byul is running away from someone she loved, missed, and treasured the most, Kim Yongsun, but don't get her wrong though. Of course she've always wanted to spend the rest of her life by her side. She'd give up everything for her, but she never meant to cause something, or rather someone, to be gone before Yongsun knew it. The guilt was eating her up until she decided to run away from everything, from everyone, their friends, their families, and her. Yongsun would've wanted me to get lost for the rest of her life she thought.

After zipping her suitcase, she immediately ran to check out and head to the place where she would meet Wheein's friend and stay until her ticket would be sent. She wasn't sure if Russia would be the last place she'd run to, but she hopes that she could finally settle down and rest, for she has been restless ever since she ran away which was 3 years ago already. She arrives just in time to see the person she was supposed to meet waving at her.

"Have you waited long?"

"Nope. I actually just got here. Moon byulyi, right?"

"Yep, and you are?"

"Oh, I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung." He said as he extended his hand and she firmly shook it.

"I'm so sorry for the inconvience I've caused you. I must be bothering your Christmas celebration."

"Don't be. I was just doing the dishes when Wheein called. We better get going, or she might spot you anytime."

"You're right." And they ran. After a few minutes, they've arrived and he immediatley contacted Wheein. Byul took the time to stare at the window, thinking of where should she go to once she has arrived to her destination. She decides to close her eyes and catch some sleep.

 

"I love you, Byulyi." She said as she intertwined their fingers together.

"I love you too, my Yongsun."

"You make me happy, do you know that? I would really love to marry you someday."

"The only thing I know is that the moon loves and needs the beautiful sun so much that she would never shine at night without her. You can ask me to marry you anytime and I'd still say yes."

"You ball of grease when will you stop trying to throw those greasy pick up lines at me?"

"I'll never stop, and I'll never get tired of saying them to you."

"You know that I hate grease."

"And you know that I love you."

"Byulyi!"

"You're so adorable when you pout, it makes it hard to stop."

"Byulyi." She whined

"Ok, I will. Anything for you, my sun. I love you."

"And I love you too." She smiled before putting her hand to Byul's cheek and leaning in to kiss her.

 

"Moonbyul." Taehyung called out to her, waking her up

"Hm? What's up?" She rubbed her eyes, trying to forget the dream she just had.

"I've printed your ticket. Your flight is at 6 am, so you have five hours to freshen up and do whatever you must before I take you to the airport. I was actually going to wake you up a little bit later, but you were mumbling something so I've decided to wake you up." 

"Oh, sorry for that."

"I've prepared some hot chocolate. Would you like to join me?"

"Um, sure." She said, finding it hard to reject his offer.

"Nightmare?"

"I, I would call it as that."

"Are you sure? You were smiling in your sleep."

"Was I? That, that's strange."

"It is indeed. Someone smiling and saying I love you while have a nightmare. Must have been something you didn't want to dream."

"Y-you're right." She said, avoiding the looks he's giving her.

"I won't question any further. Enjoy your drink. Russia is a long way to go, so better make sure your stomach is warm."

"Thanks. It's been a long time since someone actually said that."

"You've been running away from home too much that you've almost forgotten what it's like."

"Right again." She said as she took a sip of the hot chocolate.

After sharing a short conversation with Taehyung, she prepared all that she needed and he took her to the airport. She was somehow at ease, because Russia was a very huge country that she could just hide anywhere in case Yongsun finds out where she is. 

"Here's my phone number, call me in case you need help. Wheein told me that she can't keep in touch with you for the meantime because Hyejin is starting to get suspicious."

"I see. Thank you Taehyung. You've been a great help."

"No problem."

They look at each other for a little while, before he breaks their silence with a question.

"On second thought, why don't I come with you to Russia?"

"If this is you being worried about me because of Wheein's situation right now, then I'll tell you this. I'll be fine, I promise."

"I actually have nothing to do anyway and it to stay in your apartment celebrating Christmas by yourself. I'd rather do something thrilling like an action film."

"May I remind you that once I have left a place, I can't go back there because anyone could spot me. Taehyung I might be staying in there for years."

"And I'm fine with that. I'm just living by myself anyway. Nothing to lose."

"Are you sure? Anyways, you can always book yourself a ticket to go back home."

"Definitely. Let's go."

~

"Byulyi..." Yongsun said as she was playing with the former's hair.

"Yes, my beautiful angel?"

"Can you stop being greasy for now? I'm asking you a serious favor."

"I'll stop for now. What is it?"

"I'll be staying in New York for a week due to a business conference. Would it be ok if I ask you watch over my sister? She'll be alone in the house, and it makes me worry about her safety."

"1 week? That long? But I will miss you."

"I will miss you too, you dork. I'll call you every night, I promise."

"You should. Don't go searching for pretty young women and men out there. You know how wild New York is at night."

"I think that's what I should be saying to you, you girl crush! The moment I find out that you've been flirting again or going near Hani unnie, this will be the end for us!"

"What does Hani unnie have to do with this?"

"That woman was the one who taught you how to flirt with anyone 24/7!"

"What does the moon need the most for it to shine brightly?"

"The sun's light of course!"

"That's the point. Why would I search for something else to make me shine when you're the only sun that gives my life the light that it needs?"

"Byulyi your greasiness is too much! You're sleeping on the couch tonight!"

"Hey I'm serious about what I said! Besides, there will be an adorable Yeba begging me to come back to bed with her a few minutes after I've prepared my self to sleep."

"Why do you always win?" She said while stomping her feet

"Byulyiiiii."

"Yes, I will stop. Don't worry. You're sister will be safe with me and I won't let my eyes wander anywhere or to anyone, so stop being jealous."

"You better!" She playfully glared

"Yes mam. I love you, my solar."

"And I love you too, my moonstar."

 

"Moonstar? Moonbyul wake up." Taehyung gently patted her cheek 

"Huh?"

"You're mumbling something again. What's moonstar?"

"Moonstar... moonstar?!"

"Um, are you ok? You don't seem to catch up to what I'm saying."

"I'm fine. It's just... it's just that I didn't expect to hear that name again."

"Whose name is it? Yours?"

"It's an endearment actually."

"Sweet. She calls you that?"

"Y-yes, only her."

"You miss her, don't you?"

"I think?"

"Liar. You do. It's been two times since you've been mumbling something about her."

"I guess I do, but it's still not enough reason to go home."

"Why? What else do you need?"

"I...I don't even know myself."

"It must be hard for you to go on like this, hiding and running for 3 years. How does she even find out what country you're at?"

"Wheein's girlfriend, Hyejin, is helping her. That's probably the reason why she needed to stop communicating to us for a while, because once her girl knows where I am, Yongsun wouldn't waste her time to go and chase me. She must have really wanted me to rot in jail with my guilt eating me up for the rest of my life."

"Did you commit a crime?"

"Crime is an understatement to name what I've done. It was absolutely more than that."

"If that was the case, then shouldn't it be the police chasing after you and not her?"

"The police did try to search for me at first, but I was too hard to locate. That was until Hyejin got angry at me and decided to help her, so she decided to do it herself."

"Then what made Wheein help you? Knowing that she is actually also fighting against her girlfriend."

"She was the one who actually volunteered, since she said that it was the only way she had to keep in touch with me. I was going to be untraceable if she didn't took the chance, so she did."

"You're really good at hiding."

"Under a fake name of course. I was even thinking of telling Wheein to stop helping me, since I don't want to be the reason they're going to break up. She could still ask you how am I doing from time to time, now that you're accompanying me, and if both of us are not communicating anymore, Hyejin would now never know where am I."

"You have a point. Should I tell her right now?"

"No need. I'll tell her myself. Just tell her to call if she can."

"Roger that."

"Welcome to the life of a runaway criminal, Kim Taehyung. You would need a fake name, passport, and papers about your new identity soon. You can go home while you still can."

"I'm fine with this life. Much more better than my old one. You're a very interesting person, Moon Byulyi."

"I'll take that as a complement." 

"It was meant to be one. By the way, she said to call at 3 am, KST."

"Ok, thanks."

"By the way, you aren't linked to the mafia or doing anything illegal, right?"

"Of course not."

"Then why are you running away from her?"

"I just need to. That's all."

 

"How's dealing with Hyejin?"

"I really thank Taehyung's existence at this moment. If it weren't for him, we would have been caught again."

"You told her that you were calling an old friend?"

"Yeah. Luckily she was fond of him before, so she fell for it, so this time I will be sending information through him. Directly contacting you right now is very risky. Our plans were right. Just after you left, Yongsun checked in to the same hotel. Worse, her room was beside yours. If you didn't leave yet, she would have definitely caught you."

"A close call."

"Yup. So how are you?"

"I'm fine. Taehyung has been accompanying me here and it's a lot less lonely."

"Taehyung went with you?"

"Yes."

"Good decision, or Yongsun would have searched for him. She knows that he lives nearby."

"Tell Hyejin that he's on a vacation right now. They might search for him."

"Ok. Things have been going smooth for us, and I think you'll be staying there a bit longer than you did at Canada."

"Wheein."

"Hm?"

"Let's stop this."

"Stop what?"

"I think it's time you should stop helping me."

"Byul I told you. If this is the only way I have to keep talking to you, then I don't mind."

"You don't understand. You and Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter