Just What I Needed

Just What I Needed

AN: Hi guys! Did I make it? Well I saw some tweets of celebrating from dara-gd fans. I wanted to celebrate with you guys and give you a little gift. A boost. Just what we need? Kekeke well I hope it can help and you guys enjoy this short fluff (?)!
 



Just What I Needed

 

He saw his mother and sister right away when he stepped out, bringing a smile to his face. His father patted his back. “Good job, Jiyong, son.”

 

“Thanks, Dad.” He grinned like the little boy he was whenever his father complimented him. He hugged his mom and sister. It’s only been more than a month but he missed his family. He had fun meeting new people and making new friends in the camp, but he can’t deny the longing he felt for the people he loved during his stay there.

 

She wasn’t there. He understands. He also know how much she wanted to be here as well. He could even imagine her anxious self right about now, knowing he has gone out and finished his basic military camp yet they cannot meet. He can’t help the smile that creeps his face at every thought of her.

 

True enough, Dara, who was in the YG building, was jittery during the meeting for new concepts for her show. She kept on checking her phone, posting photos to keep her mind off the news of Jiyong completing his first training. She wanted to see him badly. They both know there are a lot of people and cameras there, she couldn’t just go and see him.

 

Besides they aren’t really together at this period. Right? Her ready reminder to self whenever she felt her feelings are overwhelming her logic. She shook her head and sighed. She knows that but it doesn’t prevent her from worrying, especially seeing him injured in photos just a few weeks after he entered. She even had a random video of her message for him to be careful in the military in her latest daratv episode, out of ideas how to let him know her worry for him.

 

She clasped her phone, staying online for news of him. She’d surely get scolded for not taking in anything from the meeting being held.

 

Jiyong was relieved to be holding his phone freely again, and with internet connection, even for just the short while he was allowed.

 

“Are you that excited?” His older sister laughed, watching her little brother act like a kid who got his toy back.

 

“Uh-huh.” Jiyong nodded, browsing and stopping at the video tagged to him of a daratv episode. His heart halted. Dara had a message for him, to take care of him and not get soaked in the rain, wiping the screen. A memory flashes of her doing that to him, petting his face. She even had photos of him in his military uniform included. Warmth spread through him.

 

“What is this…” he muttered to himself and scoffed. A wide grin spread his face, he can feel his gums exposed for a split second. He can't contain the joy that short video brought him. He bit his lip trying to hide it as he sank to his seat, chewing on his nails. This woman. He can’t contain it.

 

“Hey, can I… drop by somewhere really quick?”

 

--

 

Dara was restless. She had to excuse herself from the meeting, stepping out into the hallway. She checked her phone again. She needed to calm her feeling of wanting to see him. She had to. Closing her eyes, she took a few deep breathes. It was no use. “Jiyong…” she whispered against the empty hall.

 

She squeaked when she was suddenly pulled into the other room and was immediately engulfed in a hug.

 

Dara gasped. This smell. Her eyes blinked, eyelids quivering. 

 

“I only got a few minutes.” A whisper. That voice. Jiyong.

 

Dara bit her lip and nodded. Closing her eyes and savoring the warmth. “Okay..”

 

Jiyong pulls away and stares at her face. She couldn’t believe he’s in front of her now. And he just breaks into his gummy smile in front of her.

 

Dara felt her eyes water at that view. She missed it. She controls her tears and smiles as well. Her hand reached up to pat his head. Checking his arms and ankles, they weren’t bandaged anymore.

 

“Are you okay now?” She double checks him, all free from any signs of injury. “I saw you, you were in casts.”

 

“I’m all better now.” He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, shy that he was injured during training. But looking at her worried face, he thought it was quite okay now. Her eyebrows burrowed as she bit her lip. She was truly worried about him. He pursed his lips, eyes twinkled as he smiled. “Even better now.” He only looks at her, Dara felt her heart skip a beat.

 

She wipes his face, exactly the gesture she did on the video. “Please take care of yourself.” She says it directly to him this time. Her lips in a cute pout.

 

Jiyong just stares at those pouted lips. Too cute. He wanted to kiss her.

 

She looks up at him and he clears his throat, and his thoughts. “Promise me.” She says.

 

He tugs her back into a hug. Her chest felt warm all over.

 

“I promise.” His voice vibrated from his body to hers. “Then give me more energy.”

 

Dara let out a small laugh. “Psh.” She brings her arms to give him a power hug. “Hwaiting, our soldier Jiyong.”

 

He scoffs and plants a kiss on her exposed neck.

 

Dara yelps but couldn’t step away as he was holding her tight.

 

“Kwon Jiyong!”

 

“Just one.” He answers.

 

Dara blushes against his shoulder, taking a deep breath of his scent.

 

“Or two.” He corrects and kisses her neck again.

 

He pulls away and chuckles when he sees her blushing face. She brings a hand to cover her red cheeks.

 

“Close your eyes.”

 

Dara stared at him skeptically but still shuts her eyes close. A rustle and something slips by her ear.

 

“Can I open them now?”

 

“What are you-” she opened her eyes and saw that she was alone in the room. Something fell from her ear.

 

A yellow and white daffodil.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

A trail of petals led to a basket of flowers on the table. Daffodils. Tulips. willows. A combination of yellow, pink and white.

 

Written by it, a small note.

 

“Beautiful flowers for a beautiful lady. Happy Easter.”

 

Dara smiled as she lifted the note and stared at the flowers. It was just what she needed.

 

--

 

Jiyong skips down the stairs and gets back on the car, all eager.

 

“All ready now?”

 

“More than ever.” He bit his lip as he looks out the window, in the building. Imagining her smile right now.

 

“You got what you needed?” His sister asked, pulling down her shades. Smiling knowingly.

 

Jiyong paused and smiled. “Just what I needed.”

 

He unlocks his phone and stares at the picture he just took. It was a picture of Dara. Her eyes closed, a single daffodil by her ear.  She was the exact photo of a goddess.

 

His thumb traces her face. He was truly energized now.

 

It was just the right boost he needed. One from a certain goddess.

 


AN: Eyyyy. I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed this quick write. Please show me some love and give out those long heart comments below! Follow me and talk to me @k0mely on twitter. #Happy9thApplerSary!