Soulmate and Coffees

Soulmate and Coffees
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Here’s your coffee.” Taeyong said as he places down the coffee cup in front of Johnny.

Johnny really hates the morning after a night when he just dreamt of his soulmate. He is not the type of person who remember every detail of its dreams.

“I just really want to sleep, again, for at least half an hour.” Johnny answered, covering his eyes with his arm.

“I don’t know how to help you, honestly. You should already remember his face by now.” Taeyong said in tone of frustration. He is also tired of seeing his friend in this state every morning after Johnny saw his soulmate in his dream.

“I tried, okay!” Johnny said as he messed up his hair, “I even tried to ask for his name. I know he answered it, but I just can’t remember.”

“But you remember this coffeeshop, right? You should try harder then, if you really want to meet him.” Taeyong said it to reassure Johnny, who just really want to sleep. Hoping to dream about his soulmate, again, and to recover from his lack of sleep last night.

 

 

 

Johnny’s dream is as usual, the guy will appear in his dream, red string attached in both of their ring finger which means that ‘that person’ is his soulmate. What frustrates Johnny so much is that whenever he will dream about it, once he wakes up, he will forget the face of his soulmate; even any details about it. The only thing he will remember is that they are inside a coffeeshop, in which he always buys his coffee every morning.

Its been a week since his last dreamt about his soulmate, which he is thankful for. He can’t let himself to feel the frustrations about it all over again, not now that he his busy for his final exams.

Unconsciously, every morning, Johnny will always buy a cup of coffee in the coffee shop near his dormitory. It became a part of his morning routine before he attends his classes.

With his earphones playing some Coldplay songs, carrying his backpack, he walks from his dorm to the coffeeshop. He’s thinking if he will order the same Caffè Americano he always bought, or he will try something new.

The scent of ground coffee wakes up his sleepy self. Soft ringing of bells as he opened the door, the black paintings on the wall, white tables, chairs and mugs, menu that was written on blackboards, and even the wooden floor, everything just makes Johnny feel so warm and cozy.

He cheerfully greeted the barista, placed his order, and patiently wait as the barista prepares his espresso. The hiring notice on the table, beside the sugar and creams, is still posted, which caught Johnny’s attention.

“You’re still looking for barista?” Johnny asked as the barista served his coffee (takeout coffee).

“Oh! Someone actually applied, but he still not submitting the papers we asked so we keep that posted.” The barista answers, pointing his finger to the hiring notice.

“Thank you!” Johnny said, smiling as he grabs his coffee.

Johnny neither have any interest on it nor any experience to qualify for the job. He is just plain curious about the barista hiring of the coffee shop, since it has been posted for more than a month now.

 

 

 

“I am so tired for this!” Taeyong said in a frustrated tone voice, while slamming their thick research paper on the table.

“What? Is she asking for another revision?” Johnny asked, eyebrows knitted together, and an irritation is starting to form inside him.

They are in the university’s study hall, that currently jam-packed with stress students who only want to end and survive the semester. And like others, both Johnny and Taeyong are getting all the tension as their professor keeps on rejecting their research paper.

“Yes! She wrote here,” Taeyong said, pointing on the attached sticky note, “that we need to revise the chapter four, as the graphs and table’s interpretation are not that detailed. She also mentioned that we must make that chapter five much longer.”

Johnny just groans as a response. Chapter four and five are Taeyong and Johnny’s part in that research paper (they are five in the research group). He is so tired and pressured, still need to take three exams, pass other courses requirements, and now their research just added on his long list.

“When is the deadline?” Johnny asked after he added the ‘research revising’ on his to-do note portion of his journal.

“Ahmm… four days from now, so on Friday.” Taeyong answered.

Johnny’s last exam will be on the day after tomorrow, which means he still have at least two days to do his research paper.

 

 

Their research paper will be due in two days. It is Wednesday night and Taeyong still haven’t send his edited part.

“Dude, you know I can’t edit the chapter five without knowing what are details you added on the chapter four.” Johnny said to the older, through phone call.

“I will send it after my exam tomorrow, Johnny. I need to prioritize my exam.”

“I told you, I should’ve get that chapter four. I am just wasting some time here in my dorm.”

“But you said you don’t have any idea how to do it! You volunteered yourself on chapter five because it is the shortest part and now…” Taeyong said, getting frustrated and irritated to his friend.

“Okay! Fine. I will wait until tomorrow. But please! Send it before noon or I will punch you.”

“Sure. Meet me tomorrow in the coffee shop when I text you.” Taeyong said, ending their phone call.

Johnny can’t do anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter