A First Love

A First Love

Just like the first snow; pretty, eye-catching, unpredictable and cold, you stepped into my life. I had never encountered such a person before. And therefore I did not know how to deal with you, the way you distanced yourself from the world around you.

I watched you from afar, afraid that I would scary you away. Until one day, it was pure coincident that I stayed late at school. Well, it was more like I had gotten detention for arriving late. Anyhow, I saw you, the way you moved your body to the beats of that song. I where stunned – mesmerized over the way you floated around on the stage.

I’ve never believed in love at first sight.

But after watching you, I now believed it. Funny huh, I had never been in-love in my whole life, never in my seventeen year old life had I experienced love, so the feeling where new for me, overwhelming to be exact.

Little did I know that you a few months later would disappeared, just like the snow. You arrived with it and left with it. Why? Why did you leave me?

Would it be weird if I told you that I had fallen in-love with you?

The days and weeks after you left were only filled with pain, wonder and questions. I hated it, that I never took the courage to speak to you. But just like I stated, I where afraid that you would block me out and turn your back at me. But that didn’t matter anymore, because you left either way.

Months passed by and my heart had somehow settled down, I had started enjoying school again, all because of you. Do you know why? Because you inspired me to start dancing, so before the second semester I decided to transfer school.

Shock filled my heart once I stepped inside the classroom of 2B and saw you. I couldn’t understand, was this fate? Was it really meant for us to meet again?

I cried that day. I can still remember that I spent the whole lunch on the rooftop of the school crying over that I had met you again. Childish one may think, but I where happy, and this time. I would never let you slip away again.

Carefully I had approached you; fear where still lingering inside my heart. Terrified and scared beyond anything else I walked up to you, the way you stared up from the desk and locked your eyes into mine, I shivered and immediately looked away. I felt how heat rose to my cheeks and I stammered a low hello.

My heart was hammering inside my chest as I let my eyes roam around the room. I had never in my life been so nervous. And all that over a boy that I didn’t even know. I can still remember how you laughed, for me it was the most horrible thing. Because to me, that concluded that you didn’t want to know of me.

For a month after that, my life seemed pointless. The boy I had fallen in-love with. And seemingly had started to forget about suddenly showed up again, and thus causing my emotions for him to arouse yet again, but that boy – you, where like no other person I had encountered in my life, so unpredictable.

But it didn’t stop there.

The way you flirted with the girls during dance class, showing them your amazing dance routines and breathtaking smile. I hated it. Yet it felt as if I couldn’t do anything about it, I where too afraid, a coward to be exact.

Do you know that you taught me what pain was, real pain. The one that kept me awake the whole night, the one that made me think about you every single minute, whatever it being when I was awake or sleeping. I couldn’t stop. My heart couldn’t stop loving you and I hated it. But what I hated the most, was that you seemed to mock me.

Like, during our dance classes, when you flirted with the girls, you would always give me this glance. The way you looked at me. It made me feel hurt, it was as if I weren’t worthy of your concern, that I should just disappear from your sight.

And I did, for two weeks I didn’t go to school. I couldn’t take all the teasing from your side and I where seriously thinking about transferring school again, away from you. I couldn’t take seeing the one I love playing around like that.

My heart where hurting too much. But, something made me change. Hadn’t I already promised to never let you go again.

So I returned again, but not without that familiar feeling of being scared. Though, I had promised myself one thing. That if I didn’t make a move on you within a month, then I would let you go. Because I knew that dealing with this pain all the time would only cause me to have a nervous breakdown.

And to be honest, I didn’t know if you where worth that.

I couldn’t hide my affection for you once I stepped inside that classroom again. My eyes immediately locked themselves into yours and I found myself blushing. I felt pathetic. Never had my feelings for you been this obvious.

Days passed by and I tried, I really tried to speak to you. But some things always got in the way, whether it being my cowardness or that you always seemed to slip away from my sight. And it wasn’t like I could talk to you during class. And there was one other thing that made it almost impossible, either your friends where with you all the time, or worse, girls trying to flirt with you.

Though, the only way to deal with all my stress was to dance, so I would stay behind after the class ended and continue by myself. With no one around me I could let go off my feelings and all the tension that where building up inside, or that where at least what I thought, until my legs suddenly gave away and my vision disappeared in an instant.

Once I woke up again, my sight where blurry and I could hear someone calling my name in the distance as I laid there on the floor without having a clue how it turned out like that. Though, when it came up to me who it really was, my eyes shot open and I started in disbelief at you.

In a hurried motion, I sat up. Too fast, since I knocked my forehead into yours, loud cursing escaped your lips and I felt bad. Though, as I reached out my hand to touch your soaring temple you pushed it away, telling me that it was okay before you let out a low laugh.

I couldn’t understand you, and I don’t think I ever would. Especially not after meeting your eyes that split second, they showed something that I had never felt before, vulnerability. You where scared. How ironic, the one that seemed so tough and careless, did actually care.

I started to laugh, amused over how different you seemed to be now, unlike during class. When you where the popular guy, now, you acted like any other human being.

But I stopped when you turned serious again, and I could feel how my heart exhilarated once you asked me if I liked you. What where I suppose to do, slung my arm around your neck like any other girl would do, or run.

I didn’t get the chance to do neither, because you suddenly, without warning started to lean in. I froze, unable to do anything about the situation as you closed in on me. In pure reflex, I closed my eyes and waited for the kiss I thought would occur.

But it didn’t.

As I slowly opened my eyes again, the one and only thing that met me was your smirk. Before you opened your mouth and spoke. “What if I’m just playing with you?” you stated and honesty, I didn’t care because I truly loved you so much that it didn’t matter.

And I told you, that I didn’t care, because I had already fallen in-love with you. Your answer to that was to fulfill my desire of kissing you. My heart was jumping with joy as your lips, so sweet and sensitive moved along with mine.

~~

“Yeowoon, Yeowoon?” I snapped out of my thoughts and glanced at you, how long had I been enclosed in my thoughts? Several minutes, at least. A smile tugged on your lips as you grabbed my hand, and laced our fingers together, before you leaned in and placed a featherless kiss on my lips.

I smiled at you, who would’ve thought that your “game” would last for over a year. I knew I didn’t, I thought you would use me and then throw me away like the playboy I thought you where. But boy where I wrong.

And honestly, it’s not a game anymore. It’s love.