Chapter - 7: Special

Hug Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: . . . Hello!! A huge Happy Fourth Anniversary to MX and MBBs!! A lot has happened since I last posted - I started a new job (which ate away at writing time), my brain functioning temporarily deteriorated (which ate away at writing capability), and as a response I turned into a Himalayan hermit basically one of the undead for a past few months. So I really, really hope you'll excuse me since I've been walking like a zombie (geddit? I'm sorry, I'll stop but please tell me you get it). 

Bad quality jokes aside, I'm so, so thankful for each one of you lovely readers, and your wonderful support!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sticking around and reading, subscribing, upvoting, and most of all, commenting your thoughts and keeping me going.

Enjoy!!

Song: MONSTA X's Special

.

.

Chapter - 7: Special

.

.

. . . Nine years ago . . .

.

.

‘Mmmf.’

Oh no.

‘Mmmf. Oh, baby.’

No, no, no.

‘Baby, you’re so y.’

Why is this happening to me?

Yeojoo’s ears burned as she scooted to the very back of the closet she was hiding in and tried not to listen to the very enthusiastic couple that were playing tonsil hockey a few feet away from her. Was it an awful way to spend a Saturday night? Yes, undoubtedly, but that’s what she got for coming to another one of Dodo’s parties.

‘Imma mess those up, baby.’

Ewwwwwwwww.

Her phone buzzed in her back pocket, and her heart dropped into her stomach. Gingerly, she pulled it out and looked at the text from the she-devil herself.

So Hee: You think you can hide forever? I’ll get you.

I don’t know why you’re doing this So Hee.

So Hee: Oh yeah? Maybe you shouldn’t have flirted with MY boyfriend.

I didn’t! He just wanted the notes from yesterday’s Math class.

So Hee: As if. You’ll pay for this. I know all about that little crush you have.

WHAT?

Yeojoo’s blood froze. She couldn’t possibly know about –

So Hee: I’ve seen you all smiley with Wonseok.

She breathed a huge sigh of relief. Kim Wonseok was the very charming Captain of the school soccer team, no less, but he was not her crush.

So Hee: Just see what I do to you.

Okay. She really had to get out of here before she got murdered. And since Kihyun was at his part-time job as always, there was only one person she could ask.

The phone seemed to dial forever and then –

‘Hello?’

‘Namjoo Oppa!’ she whispered, her heart thudding at the sound of his voice.

The bed started to creak in the background.

‘Ah! Ah! Ah! Go faster, oh my goooooooddddddd~~’

‘What – What is that noise?’ he asked.

Yeojoo wanted to sink into the floor.

‘There’s um, people, um, engaging in adult activities.’

‘Engaging in – oh. Okay. Wait. Where are you?’

‘I’m hiding in the closet.’

‘Why?’

‘It’s a long story. Can you please come get me?’

‘I’m on my way.’

A wide smile spread across her face, but it froze as a loud, wailing moan rang out through the room.

‘Mmmm you were so good, baby. Let’s get out of here before someone sees us.’

Well it’s not like everyone didn’t know with the racket that they were making. As the noisy couple left, Yeoojoo creeped out of the room, and made it down the stairs. She all but sprinted down the hallway to the main door. The blessed white gate of freedom was in sight, but before she could get to it, a vice-grip tightened on her upper arm.

‘There you are! We’ve been looking for you.’

So Hee’s sickly sweet tone sent a shudder down her spine as Yeojoo turned to face her. So Hee’s smile was so twisted she looked like she was auditioning to play Maleficent. The fact that she wore a skin-tight black dress with purple lining only contributed to the illusion.

‘Um, that’s nice, but I really should get going – ‘

‘Nonsense! We were just about to play Seven minutes in heaven and we totally can’t start without you.’

‘Hahaha. No, it’s okay really, I – ‘

So Hee’s grip constricted and Yeojoo winced as she leaned closer to hiss at her.

‘You will play this game – Or you’ll play another one of mine for weeks.’

A masculine voice chimed in.

‘Oh Yeojoo! Let’s play.’

Dammit. Why did the blasted Kim Wonseok have to appear at this blasted moment?!

She didn’t want to overthink it, but she had a feeling that Wonseok actually liked her as more than just a classmate.

And you can’t stop mooning over your brother’s best friend, her conscience unhelpfully supplied.

So obviously, half an hour later, the bottle had spun and resulted in one end pointing at her, and the other pointing at a deliriously happy Wonseok.

Despite her protests, So Hee had taken her arm again, and with a strength that the size zero, must-weigh-ninety-pounds-soaking-wet girl should not have possessed, Yeojoo had been flung into a tiny, cramped closet. She faced the back of the closet and tried not to have a mental breakdown.

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my god.

Any second now, Wonseok was going to walk in there. And then what? Making out?.

No. No way, no how. Not when she hadn’t even had her first kiss. Not the point, but still.

The door creaked open and shut as someone entered Yeojoo nearly lost it.

‘Uh hi, look you probably have a lot of things on your mind right now, or maybe just one thing, but like that’s not it haha. I mean it’s not like we like each other that way or anything, n-not that I don’t think that you’re a nice person or like a bad kisser or something – ‘

She wanted to die.

‘– um, because I’m sure that you’re a good kisser, like a really great kisser, n-not that I would know – ‘

A familiar laugh cut her off, and she nearly fainted because it was definitely NOT Wonseok’s.

She whirled around.

‘Namjoo Oppa??!!’

She was so embarrassed she should have died.

His broad frame took up almost the entire space, and his deep, dark eyes were pulled into creased crescents as chuckles continued to spill from his mouth. He paused to grin at her, and Yeojoo felt a hot blush take over her face.

‘So do you want to get out of here or go on about my kissing expertise?’

‘Oppa!!’

That set him off again, his dorky high-pitched laugh sending a thrill through her with how ridiculous he was being, but then he took her hand and pulled her out of the stupid closet and her heart was thudding.

A disgruntled So Hee and a sulky Wonseok stepped out of Hyunwoo’s way as he led her out of the house and to his bike which was propped up against the side of the house.

He looked so effortlessly cool as usual as he swung one leg over and looked at her expectantly as she climbed on after him.

As she tightened her hands around his waist, she quietly whispered to his back.

‘Oppa, thank you for coming for me.’

He turned his head to give her a small smile.

‘Always.’

.

.

. . . Present Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter