O N E

Wild Ride

Miami, Florida
June 8, 1990
Zyri POV
"Dad. Why do I have to go? You always let me stay at Mane house when you go on your business trips." I said not like that I have to go with him on his trip for the whole summer.

" Yeah, but it's good to try something new," he said packing the rest of his suitcase.

" We can try something thing here!" I said annoyed.

I don't see why we have to go across the world for vacation. I had so many things planned this summer. Go to the movies,
go to the park, celebrate moms anniversary. Wait MOMS ANNIVERSARY.

" Dad what about moms' anniversary?" I asked.

"We can celebrate it there," he said looking at me.

"But we are supposed to take her ashes to the beach"

"Like I said we can do it there. No more arguing we are going and that's final." He said sternly, I just shook my head and walked out of the room.

I walked into my room and slammed my door. And sat on the bed. I don't want to go to Hong Kong. God, I hate my life.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door and my dad walked in. I rolled my eyes and turned the other way. He sighed and sat next to me.

"Z, I know that you don't want to go but I think it would be nice for both of us. To try something new. Maybe you might like it."

"Maybe I won't" I chuckled.

"But maybe you will."He said

" I guess you're right," I said looking down. He pulled me into a hug.

"I know a lot of things have changed since your mom died but we can get things back on track. After this summer it would be a new fresh start for us." He smiled.

"Ok. I think it would be good too." I said.

"Good. Now finish packing our flight is tomorrow afternoon." I nodded my head.

He left the room and I got to work finish packing my stuff.

Maybe this trip would be fun. But I'm not keeping my hopes up.