The End.

afraid of the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was scared of almost everything. Her friends and family could even argue that she was scared of exactly everything. But one of her biggest fears was probably what usually came at night — the dark. Her biggest problem right now was that the storm had cut off the electricity in what was usually her small, cozy apartment and left her with just the light from her phone and a quickly dying flashlight that she hadn’t touched in years since a failed camping trip. Only to make it all worse, it was getting late as she didn’t realize it was already one in the morning. Joohyun sat at her kitchen table and stared outside the window where the rain was falling heavily. Glancing at the dark television screen in the living room, she sighed and wished that it would turn on. But Joohyun knew there was no way until the electricity came back. She had placed the flashlight so that it would be pointed upwards because she didn’t want to be blinded by the light.

To top off her bad luck with the darkness, she was in a bad mood from her argument she had earlier with her girlfriend. The younger woman stormed out of their apartment just a few hours ago leaving Joohyun to be alone and helpless. The tears that Joohyun thought had been long gone slowly returned when she realized that the flashlight was going to die soon. Then it would just be her and the terrifying dark. She pulled out her phone and scrolled through instagram mindlessly, keeping her screen dimmed just to save the battery life and make sure her phone wouldn’t die anytime soon. Just in case Seulgi didn’t come back on this dark night.

She scrolled past her girlfriend’s post from a couple days ago and quickly scrolled back up to stare at the photo of herself. The caption was sweet but nothing particularly special because it was the typical one that could be found on any couple’s instagram. And yet, it was special to Joohyun because she knew that there was so much love behind it. Her thoughts went to her girlfriend and she wondered what they had even been fighting about. Although it had only been five or six hours ago, Joohyun already forgot all about it but the harder she thought the more she recalled. Vaguely, she remembered Seulgi being jealous of one of her coworkers while Joohyun was jealous because of Seulgi’s old classmate, who had held her girlfriend just a little too long for her liking.

However, as the night got longer Joohyun began to realize how incredibly stupid and childish her reaction had been. The embarrassment she felt was strong when she realized she was the one who started the argument and Seulgi had only pulled out the incident with the coworker to defend herself. Both were wrong but Joohyun knew she was the one to blame the most tonight. The longer she stared at Seulgi’s instagram the more pain s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter