The Confession

Little Things

                                                                                                   

Warning: A little bit of disturbing (violent) scenes ahead, please read at your own risks.

 


...

"Mister, are you alright?"

Squatting down, Eunhyuk asks the man leaning against a trite wall in the dark alley. He's got a gunshot on the left side of his stomach, a face covered with bruises and a broken nose. His eyes are swollen and drooping and his breaths, perchance wearing out, are hollow and hefty. If he has to say it, the man is already on the verge of dying.

"He got me," the man slowly speaks, "he got me and his men are going to kill me."

"Who?" out of concern, Eunhyuk asks.

"Lee Donghae. That er wants me dead."

Upon hearing the familiar name, Eunhyuk examines the man's face and tries to identify him. If he's in this condition and is apparently involved with Lee Donghae, there's a possibility that he knows him, but the more he looks at his mangled face, the more he can tell that he's most likely just a small rat. He doesn't recognize him at all.

"What did you do?" he questions the man, his act going from concern to mere curiosity.

"It's just one packet, one ing packet and he wants me dead," the man breathes.

Eunhyuk sighs, stands up and stretches, eventually losing interest. He no longer cares as to what will happen if he left him abandoned in a place like this. He places both of his hands on his overcoat pocket, stares down at the man who's currently clutching his bleeding stomach and thinks that he probably deserves it.

"Mister," he says, the tone of his voice void from any emotion, "that's out of his rules."

" him and his rules! He's so naive, does he really think—ugh! Does he really think the underworld can get by without drugs?! How can a ing moron like him lead? Such a ing baby."

For someone who's breathing a couple of his last breaths, this man sure talks a lot. It seems like he doesn't even know the consequence of what he did and doesn't even feel remorseful of it. Instead of making an effort to talk his way out, he's only digging his own grave.

"You should really watch your mouth there, mister," he mutters. While the man keeps on saying offensive things and trash talking Lee Donghae, Eunhyuk's expression keeps on darkening. He doesn't like it; every word that's being said by the man are like a sickening sound to him.

"What, it's true! That man is ing nuts, he doesn't understand this world. He's just an ignorant bastard who's got no balls. That brat will never be able to lead—"

That's it, Eunhyuk thinks. He can't take it anymore. This man deserves not only what he got, he deserves more of it and Eunhyuk will surely give it to him. He takes out his hands from his pocket, pulls out a .44 magnum Mateba Autorevolver and points it straight to the man's forehead.

"You don't get to talk about him like that and not pay, mister." He glares and stops the man from talking.

"W-wait, wait. P-please don't shoot," the man begs. With a gun pointed on his head, he seems like a completely different person from the one who's being abrasive before. But the sudden change of attitude doesn't change anything from Eunhyuk's mindset. What's done is done and he needs to punish who needs to be punished.

"You're a trash," he says, ignoring the pleads of the man. And with that, he impassively takes a step back and fires. The sound echoes through the small alleyway, but it's dark and it's late and no one will dare to take a look. "No one insults Lee Donghae in front of me and stays alive. er."

With the gun that Donghae personally got him from Italy and a mood that's becoming more annoyed because of the man's rude mouth, he walks away from the alley to the street road where a Rolls-Royce Phantom VII that carries the insignia of the Lee family is waiting for him. The matte black car's window has been rolled down and the interior of it is visible from the outside, so are the people inside of it.

"Eunhyuk-ah," Lee Donghae eyes him, his expression unreadable. "Come, let's go home."

==


==

"Come, let's go home."

Donghae says, eyeing Eunhyuk who's expression is getting grim. He opens the door, wordlessly gets in and sits while facing away from Donghae. He's probably in a bad mood again.

"You did it again," he voices out, hoping for Eunhyuk to face him and look at him in the eyes.

But Eunhyuk just sends him a sideway glance. It lasts for not more than ten seconds before he willfully speaks, "Yes and I'll do it again for as long as I need to."

Donghae sighs. It's hard to talk properly with Eunhyuk if he's being rigid like this. He doesn't want to add up to his foul mood, yet he wants to talk some sense into him. Even though he knows that the end results are for his own sake, he's against the idea of Eunhyuk doing nasty things because of him. He should be the one protecting his lover, not the other way around.

"I told you, you're just dirtying your hands with those some small rats. I don't like you doing it," he starts again, hoping for Eunhyuk to listen to him.

"So what? So I'll let those ers be and insult you? No ing way."

So that's it, Donghae thinks. That's what causes him to act so y and defensive. To be honest, Eunhyuk looks like the soft, adorable kind of person and he is, actually. Except, he has a tendency of going nut case for being so protective of the Family. He's always been so overly sensitive when it comes to the name and reputation of the Lee Family, most especially of Donghae. He's even more concern for Donghae's name than his own.

However, Donghae believes that even before this, Eunhyuk has been irritable and this incident is only probably what did it; the deciding factor for his mood to get worse. And he thinks that this all started since that day his father made the decision of appointing Lee Eunhyuk to go to Tokyo and dominate their upcoming business. For all Donghae knows, Eunhyuk wants to refuse so bad, he's just unsure as to why.

Lee Donghae is the sole heir of the Lee Family, a notorious and prestigious group who leads and rules the underworld of Seoul. Meanwhile, Lee Eunhyuk is part of the branch family who works under them. Despite of their difference in status and position, Donghae has been treating Eunhyuk as nothing less than his equal. It's possibly because they're in the same age that they grew close to each other.

As their businesses expand, Donghae's father needs someone he trusts other than the immediate family to be the forefront of it. That's where Eunhyuk's name comes to light. Naturally, Donghae has the confidence that his sweetheart will do good. He knows how to lead, knows how to rule. He's brave and he's got a strong sense of responsibility and most importantly, he sticks to what he believes and will fight for it until the end.

Besides, it's a good opportunity for him to accept the offer. He can establish a name of his own and he can get acknowledged as a leader, not just another pawn of Donghae. That's what really Donghae wants, truthfully. He strives for his men to raise their hats to Eunhyuk, as well.

But that's not apparently what Eunhyuk, himself, thinks.

"You're in a bad mood again," Donghae speaks softly. He stares at Eunhyuk's profile with the intention of grabbing his attention but his lover refuses to say anything and remains looking through the window.

"Is this about the offer father gave you?" he tries again. "Won't you tell me why you're so against it?"

Eunhyuk rests his chin on the palm on his hand and sighs. "I'm not against it, I just don't want it."

Donghae blinks, not tearing his gaze away from what seems to be a sulking Eunhyuk. He tries to tell the distinction between being against it and not wanting it but comes out with nothing. Usually, he can easily tell what his lover is thinking by simply looking at his eyes. But with Eunhyuk refusing to look at him, he feels like he's lost in so many different ways.

He looks at the hand leisurely placed between them and holds it. "Then won't you tell me why?" He caresses it gently, praying that his lover won't act repulsive. And when he looks up to check his reaction, he sees him trying to intimidate the driver by giving him death glares thorugh the rear view mirror.

"Minjung-ah, stop the car for a second," he says to the boy on the wheels. The boy startles for a moment but immediately obeys. "Go buy me some gum on the convenience store. Be sure to take your time."

When Minjung got off and left the two of them alone together, Donghae completely faces Eunhyuk. "Eunhyuk-ah, will you tell me now?"

Eunhyuk sighs, his posture completely slumping now that there's only Donghae in the car besides him. He stares at his lap for a minute while seemingly contemplating how to word his thoughts. He gives another sideway glance to Donghae and then his gazes are back to the front.

"Is it because the place is unfamiliar and everything is going to be new to you?" Donghae attempts to make a guess, but judging from Eunhyuk's reaction, it isn't a very good idea as his lover begins sending him a look of utter disbelief.

"You're really clueless, aren't you?"

Donghae lowers his gaze to the hand he's holding, he lifts it and caresses it with his other hand. It's quite discreditable that he can't even tell or understand what's going on inside his lover's mind and why he stands being constricted on simply telling him. He feels like a bad lover.

Eunhyuk sighs again, and while covering his face with his free hand, he whispers, "It's because I don't want to be apart from you, stupid jerk."

Donghae's brain short circuits for a moment. It's like there's a big wave that passes and it wipes out everything that he's been thinking. Furthermore, he suddenly can't control his lips from then on. They just automatically form a smile that's getting bigger and bigger as Eunhyuk observes his reaction. He can't help it, he feels euphoric and giggly just because of those simple words.

Eunhyuk has never been the one to be open about his feelings for Donghae. Even if he shows it through his actions and devotions, it's a rare event for him to voice them out like this. Moreover, all this time, Donghae thinks that the Lee Family in general is the first on Eunhyuk's priority list, so it comes as a surprise to him that it is actually Donghae alone who tops it.

"What? You're laughing at me?" Eunhyuk says warily, his hand that Donghae has been caressing has stiffened a bit but he doesn't retract it.

"No," Donghae denies, yet his smile is still as wide. "Okay, I got it. If that's the case then I'll take care of it. Don't worry," he says while slowly nodding his head. Eunhyuk simply eyes him suspiciously.

He doesn't know what kind of words can ease his lover's mind, so instead, he just speaks what first comes to his mind, "Eunhyuk-ah, I love you."

Eunhyuk's eyebrows crease, then he rolls his eyes before looking away from him. But on that moment, his lips are also going upwards to form a smile. Donghae catches it and it causes him to smile even more. He realizes how such little things can make up their love, such simple words can alleviate their relationship and he vows that for the sake of those simple little things, he'll do anything at the best of his power.

There's a dead man lying on the dark alley where they came from and the business in Tokyo is in danger of getting on hold for another month, but Eunhyuk wants to refuse a big deal in order to be with Donghae and that's enough for him to feel like he can't be any happier than at this moment.

Eventually, Minjung comes back with a pack of gum and they proceed to drive home as quietly as before. Only, Donghae is still holding Eunhyuk's hand and the atmosphere shifts from tense to warm and comfortable.

...


 

"In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

—THE BEATLES, "The End", Abbey Road

                                                                                                 

 

 

--krissyoong--