Heartbeats

Sweetly

Wheein tugged at moonbyul's shirt, humming quietly to get her attention, byul turned around to face the other and raised an eyebrow "Hm?" the blonde haired puppy's face lit up as she grabbed the older girl's hand and swung it slightly "Do you wanna play a game?" 

 

"Well, i'm kinda busy... i mean, maybe later, wheein-ah.." she avoided eye contact knowing looking at the short girl would make her heart flutter at the sight

 

"Pleeaaseee?" she stood on her tippy toes and whined, she knew what byul's weaknesses were and she knew that this was the time to put that information to use

 

"Pleaseee! C'mon, Pretty please..." she pulled her shirt collar to pull her closer and hushed her voice, byul gulped

 

"Byule..." she spoke gently into her ear and byul pushed back a bit, covering her face with her hand

 

"Ah, don't call me that!" she again avoided looking the girl in the eyes as she felt a slight blush upon her cheeks

 

wheein stepped back a bit and looked down at her hands, whining once again at the older "Hnn, Why can't you just play along?" she sighed as she sat down in the nearest chair, sliding down slightly "What're you even busy with?" 

 

byul walked to the wall her bag was up against and pulled out a notebook, holding it up for wheein to see

 

"I'm still working on the new song, yeah?"

 

"Well, can i see?"

 

"Sure, i guess?" she sat next to wheein, flipping through the pages till she landed on one filled to the borders with notes and doodles of whatever was in mind at the time

 

wheein leaned in close to her, nearly laying her head on byul's shoulder 

 

she scanned the page briefly before pulling the notebook over onto her own lap "This... isn't like anything you've written though? Did Seulgi help you?" she questioned, holding it up closer to her face

 

"Ah... Seulgi? No, it was only me..." she mumbled a bit, rushing her words, wheein could tell she was obviously nervous. 

 

"Woah, really? This is really good!" she flipped through the pages and stopped to read another one of byul's songs

 

the younger girl skimmed through the writing and byul began to grow even more nervous, she hadn't shown anyone else her writing but she trusted wheein well enough.

 

"Um, yeah... thank you." she reached to grab the notebook back but was stopped by wheein's warm, soft hands around her wrist. she stopped for a minute to look at her. her face, her hair, her eyes... her eyes are special, she's really pretty.. and soft, and-- 

 

wheein looked in the orange haired girls eyes and let go of the hold she had on her "...Sorry, i didn't mean to do that, i just wanted to finish reading it and it was really--" she stopped before backing up "Is something wrong? Do i look okay?" she said, then brushed her hair behind her ear "It's probably me that looks the mess, not you... I just got carried away. You can keep it for the night if you want." 

 

wheein placed a hand on her again, but gently on top of byul's hand this time. "Don't say that, it's silly." she interlaced her fingers with byul's cold, slender ones. "You always look pretty." her voice lowered a bit. 

 

byul could feel her heart beat quickening, a cute girl is holding her hand, and she just called her pretty... oh god, my heart...

 

"You're silly, i couldn't ever look as pretty as you, Jung Wheein." she smiled kindly and softly, her face slowly turning red

 

wheein leaned close again, looking byul in the eyes. Directly into her eyes, then down to . she seemed slightly flustered this time. "Hush.. you really have the prettiest smile, Moon Byule." 

 

byul laughed at the sound of wheein calling her by her full name, throwing her head back and wheein smiled just at the sight of byul's happiness.

 

"Alright, now you're really being silly." she calmed her laughter and looked back at wheein, who was still staring at byul's lips.

 

both their smiles dropped a bit into a more relaxing expression. they were silent after that, byul somehow getting the notebook back from wheein and scribbling down some lovey-dovey nonsense.

 

but wheein was still just admiring her, taking her in and loving every bit of it. 

 

a good five minutes later, byul spoke up. 

 

"Is there a reason you're staring at me? It's very distracting." she asked, laying the pen down and looking back to wheein.

 

she didn't hesitate answering, it was more of a question than an answer, but she spoke clearly and looked up to her eyes. 

 

"Would you mind if i kissed you?" 

 

"...What?"

 

"Can i kiss you?"

 

they both looked at each other before byul pulled through her flustered thoughts and shut her notebook, putting it to the side.

 

"I guess..." she mumbled under her breath and wheein leaned closer to her, not missing a second of being with moonbyul.

 

she grabbed byul by her wrist, leaning in slowly and she could feel her heart beating, closing her eyes.

 

her lips gently pressed against byul's, which to wheein's surprise were very soft. byul didn't nudge, letting wheein's hand hold onto her while she felt herself falling in love again. 

 

wheein was gentle, everything about her was soft, making it quick and not stopping even through the panic in her head, the repetitive thoughts.

 

it didn't take long for that to go away, with her eyes still closed she felt like heaven had hit her, a now familiar feeling to her. she felt the warm feeling rushing through her, making her feel safe and comfortable.

 

byul had kissed her back. a bit more rough than wheein had but she was shaking slightly and wheein had held onto her shoulders after she pulled away, slowly before looking at wheein's flushed face. 

 

Wheein went to pull her hand back to cover her face but byul had grabbed hold of it, holding it close to her. she grazed her thumb along her hand and tilted her head to the side, loving looking back at wheein's clearly embarrassed expression.

 

"Hey, don't worry." she pulled wheein's hand up along with her own and kissed it, then let go. she brushed wheein's hair behind her ear like she had seen her do. 

 

"You're really, really pretty when you blush."